Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Figures she'd go after Perry for something he did right... and leave a trail of misconceptions and lies in her wake.

News Desk: Bachmann’s Political Contagion : The New Yorker

“I’m offended for all the little girls and parents that didn’t have a choice,” she said. (Actually, any parent can opt out on a child’s behalf.) She said that girls who were harmed by the vaccine don’t get “a mulligan.” Later, the offended Bachmann ventured deeper into scientific illiteracy, telling Fox News that a woman had approached her after the debate and told her that she had a daughter who had “suffered mental retardation as a result of that vaccine.”

I wrote about the HPV vaccine and the Bush Administration’s opposition to science for this magazine in 2006. What was true then is true now: the vaccine has never been shown to interfere with the mental development of children. There is no evidence—not a study, no data, nothing—to suggest this cancer vaccine causes anything of the sort.

Thoughts?

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Like most pharmaceuticals, the HPV vaccine has it's adverse effects

"
VAERS data cannot be used to prove a causal association between the vaccine and the adverse event. The only association between the adverse event and vaccination is temporal, meaning that the adverse event occurred sometime after vaccination. Therefore, the adverse event may be coincidental or it may have been caused by vaccination, however we cannot make any conclusions that the events reported to VAERS were caused by the vaccine."

So maybe it has adverse effects anyways. And mental retardation isn't on the list. Considering the number of Gardasil doses administered, the vaccine appears incredibly safe.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"
VAERS data cannot be used to prove a causal association between the vaccine and the adverse event. The only association between the adverse event and vaccination is temporal, meaning that the adverse event occurred sometime after vaccination. Therefore, the adverse event may be coincidental or it may have been caused by vaccination, however we cannot make any conclusions that the events reported to VAERS were caused by the vaccine."

So maybe it has adverse effects anyways. And mental retardation isn't on the list. Considering the number of Gardasil doses administered, the vaccine appears incredibly safe.
It's very safe---for those who don't experience the adverse effects.

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's very safe---for those who don't experience the adverse effects.

Duh. And food is safe---for those who don't choke on it.

Water is safe---for those who don't drown in it.

Church is safe---for those who aren't run over and killed in the parking lot.

Upvote 0

circa02

Mar 19, 2003
Norwalk, CT
Visit site
✟17,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Vaccines are not safe. I'm living proof. When I was a about 9 months old I got a vaccine, the very same day, my hands started shaking, and it's never stopped since, and I didn't talk until about 3, among other things.. I was devopling perfectly before that day. My sister has never had any vaccine of any kind, and she's never been sick.

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Vaccines are not safe. I'm living proof. When I was a about 9 months old I got a vaccine, the very same day, my hands started shaking, and it's never stopped since, and I didn't talk until about 3, among other things.. I was devopling perfectly before that day. My sister has never had any vaccine of any kind, and she's never been sick.

So you have a fine motor tremor. Do you have any evidence whatsoever that the vaccine is responsible? You do know there are treatments for this, right?

I rather doubt the vaccine is the cause. That doesn't make any sense from a biological standpoint.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

circa02

Mar 19, 2003
Norwalk, CT
Visit site
✟17,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have Aspergers, with no history of it in my family. The arm thing, which I now call flapping, literally started the day I got the shot. That's an amazing coincidence. No doctor has ever been able to find something wrong with me to explain it.

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have Aspergers, with no history of it in my family.

Aspergers isn't necessarily genetically linked. I don't see the relevance.

The arm thing, which I now call flapping, literally started the day I got the shot. That's an amazing coincidence. No doctor has ever been able to find something wrong with me to explain it.

...Gee, the Aspergers maybe? I have a very difficult time believing that none of your doctors has ever considered it, seeing as motor issues are often comorbid with autism-spectrum disorders.

Conditions comorbid to autism spectrum disorders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is far more likely than supposing it was caused by a vaccine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know your not stupid, so I don't understand why your claiming not go understand my point. Maybe I should wait for someone else to respond.

Actually explaining always helps. I promise that being direct and making your point instead of mincing around it won't kill you.

Upvote 0