supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why, why do people insist that the Catholic Church is the harlot? It's bugging me. Do you guys actually know any Catholics, or are you familiar with the Catholic beliefs at all? Mary is not revered as a god. The harlot, I believe, will be a great and sinful empire. It could be the US, or another power that is to arise before the endtimes. I doubt it would be Rome, Rome is not that great anymore. Now it's simply a city in a small, fairly unpowerful country compared to the US.

Upvote 0
You know the Way, Truth!

Babylon is a city that is built on LIES and DECEPTION. The FIRST Babylon had a religious system that was perpetuated for no other reason than to CONTROL the masses. The government of that Babylon also did the same by making the citizens DEPENDANTS of the government. The city was the basis of ALL PREVIOUS government types that were created under the authority of the adversary. Look at the comparison of all the major cities since the first Babylon. They ALL were the same. Rome was the city that fell but DID NOT DIE. It was WOUNDED and was THOUGHT dead, but it has survived for HUNDREDS of years and has slowly been rebuilt. One of the major symbols of Rome was the EAGLE.

So many people are lead to believe that this nation was founded on God. Well, I say, it MAY have been founded on A god, but NOT the G-d of Abraham. There was an elite group of men who came to these shores with the intention of making this land into their "New Atlantis". They slaughtered MANY innocent people (including my ancestors the Cherokee and Blackfoot Indians) and built a nation on GREED and PROFIT. The LIE that has been perpetuated for MANY years is that this nation is a "christian" nation. What does the Word say about revolting against a government? YET, what did these men do in the Revolutionary War? And, instead of living PEACEFULLY with the natives of this country, they campaigned with FOREIGN countries to help SLAUGHTER them (Benjamin Franklin and the French).

Look at the back of your currency, people. The One-Dollar Bill. I heard and arguement between a gentleman who was of a particular "secret society" that our FOUNDING FATHERS WERE IN(George Washington Freemason Museum in DC...check it out sometime) and 2 Roman Catholics. They were agruing as to what the symbols on the back mean. One said it was from THEIR organization, the others said theirs. They BOTH were right.
Oh, and by the way...the VERY symbol on the back of your money is also a STAINED GLASS WINDOW in the PRAYER ROOM of the WHITE HOUSE. Gee...how fitting.

I want to say that the great falling away began in the New Testament ( 2 Thes 2:7). Rome was AFRAID of the Christians because of the TRUTH they were speaking. They FIRST outlawed and persecuted them....then like magic, they ALLOWED Christianity! Hmmmm.....

Rome...not a good city....the word "Catholic" means UNIVERSAL....church...hmmm...Universal....one world.....hmmm...one world church...hmmm...one world ROMAN church...hmmmmm....

I KNOW and have had MANY discussions with MANY Catholics and have also studied some of the Roman Catholic writings. In my opinion, ANY religion that contradicts the very BOOK it is supposedly based on MUST be questioned. There are TOO MANY times where it seems that this "church" goes CLEARLY against what the Bible teaches...like...."CALL NO MAN FATHER"...the UNDENIABLE worship of MARY, who, you will no doubt see MORE of than our own MESSIAH in their "churches".

Too many other "churches" follow the traditions and patterns based on these teachings and dont even know the origins.

As in old times, when we start speaking TRUTH, we will be persecuted and slaughtered.

I will DIE speaking truth and with the love of the Father and the teachings of our Messiah in my heart.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟272,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
who is hislop??? this is my study and experiance of history, you hide throu hislop???
Alexander Hislop was a so-called "researcher" who wrote a book in the 1850's called The Two Babylons; Or, the Papal Worship, which supposedly "proved" that Catholicism was descended from Babylonian sun-worship and that Mary and Jesus are re-hashed versions of Isis and Horus. It has been proven to be total garbage over and over again by Protestant, Catholic, and secular scholars, but people with very little education can pick up a copy of this screed at any bookstore----and just like people will believe in flying saucers and Elvis sightings, they'll believe this nonsense.
out of all of those citys that you mentioned , John was most definatly not speaking about any of them as none of them fit the prophesy of this citys greatness as ROME does.
I'll do you one better: I'll say that John was speaking about Rome, and none other than Rome. He was speaking about the city-state of Rome; the Roman Empire; the Roman government under the Julio-Claudian emperors.

What he was not talking about was the Roman Catholic Church.
as for the rest of your post , thanks , what you say strengthens my belief about the vatican and the papecy still being in the place he sat in the middle and dark ages.
Especially the 14th century, right? That's when most of the really bad stuff came out of Rome, is that not correct?
I wonder if the next pope will have a bit more charisma than this one and he could turn things back to the dark age with his power and influance.
I always wistfully remember Joseph Stalin, who said of the Pope, "How many divisions does he have?" Wake up and have some coffee, CC. The Vatican does not possess the wherewithal to take over the world. (At least not with less than 100 Swiss Guards armed with pikestaffs.) :rolleyes:
you know the time I speak off , when they burned all of those christians that wouldn`t recant to the antichrist so he killed them.
You mean John Calvin and his followers? Burning people at stakes was primarily a Protestant phenomenon, you know. As a contrast and compare, the Spanish Inquisition (which, by the way, was not even a Catholic Church organization---it was operated by the Spanish Crown) killed somewhere in the vicinity of 3,000 people; whereas 130,000 were burned at stakes in England and Germany by good upright Protestants. (It didn't pay to be accused of witchcraft in those days. If you were guilty, you were guilty; and if you were innocent, you were still guilty.)
things may have been dormant with the vatican for a generation because of a weak pope but I ashore you when he is gone , they will show there authority and power again and we will see the antichrist in full swing when the horns worship her again because of a simple change in popes.
This is so hilarious that it doesn't even merit a reply. (And by the way, you won't ashore me at all. I'm staying on the boat.)
we will see hay???
If you plant hay, you probably will. If you plant wheat, or barley, or oats, or marijuana, you probably won't see hay.
I remember the papacys stand in the second world war and before that , they are real good at sweeping thing under the carpet but all will be revieled at the return of jesus when he will expose the man of sin and remove him forever.
You remember it, do you? How old are you getting to be now, CC? If you were at the age of reason in 1945, that would make you 64 this year. Planning on retiring next year? ;)

Tell you what: when you really do get to be 64, if all this dispensational jazz has come to pass, I'll concede and proclaim that you were correct, and I was wrong. But don't wager the family fortune on it. Methinks you're likely to lose. :)

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by TRUTH
Why doesn't it bother people that christmas and easter are so obviously nonexistent in the Bible?!?!!?
Your Bible doesn't contain the birth and Resurrection of Christ??? :scratch:

Wols, I'm so glad to see your sense of humor again. :)

Hay...LOL!!!!

Upvote 0

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Rome...not a good city....the word "Catholic" means UNIVERSAL....church...hmmm...Universal....one world.....hmmm...one world church...hmmm...one world ROMAN church...hmmmmm....

Just a thought, but isn't this Satan's upperhand in things like this? That's exactly what he wants us to do. Start pointing fingers..."Their part of the harlot!" and "Look! He's the antichrist!" Pointing fingers gets dangerous, and when we start destroying ourselves from within, no one's paying attention to what's happening outside. Be careful.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟272,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can someone show me where the 'one world church' is mentioned in the Scriptures? I can't find it.
The Gospel According to John Nelson Darby, 27:4-16.

(Frankly, I think you'd be better off reading the 1st and 2nd Books of Wolseley, but maybe that's just me.....) :p

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Wolseley

The Gospel According to John Nelson Darby, 27:4-16.

(Frankly, I think you'd be better off reading the 1st and 2nd Books of Wolseley, but maybe that's just me.....) :p

OK. But I want an autographed copy. ;)

Upvote 0
Pointing fingers...
Well, if SOMEONE had pointed a few fingers in BOSTON, where 80 CATHOLIC priests are being brought up on charges of CHILD MOLESTATION, MAYBE a few children would have been spared some LIFETIME OF PAIN. Shall we talk about the Spanish Inquisition? I seem to remember someone getting angry at the money changers in the temples and acting accordingly..hmmm..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I HAVE read the Two Babylons and I agree that the author has assumed MUCH. But that does NOT mean that I do not feel that the Catholic Church does not, in SOME way, play a part in the APOSTACY that is spoken of in the end times. The Bible CLEARLY says to stay clear of TRADITIONS, yet, the entire Catholic Church is based on SO MANY traditions and rules of MEN. I do NOT follow the traditions of ANY man. Only the WORD.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟272,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, if SOMEONE had pointed a few fingers in BOSTON, where 80 CATHOLIC priests are being brought up on charges of CHILD MOLESTATION, MAYBE a few children would have been spared some LIFETIME OF PAIN.
I think if YOU will go to THIS link, you MIGHT find that THIS is a MUCH MORE common problem among PROTESTANT clergy than it is among CATHOLICS.

http://thebruces.stormbirds.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=7108&highlight=sexual+abuse

(By the way, SHOUTING your way through a post by CAPITALIZING ENTIRE WORDS every line makes your post JERKY and HARD to READ. You might want to RE-EXAMINE this practice in the FUTURE, because after awhile it gets ANNOYING.)

Thanks again, ZooMom, for all your hard work. :wave:

Blessings,
---Wols.

Upvote 0
...not all protestant churches are under one rule. ANYONE (and, yes, I DO use caps to stress words...one cannot YELL in print) can be guilty of such a horrid act. But for an ENTIRE church organization to cover this up. You're part of this church as well and you are trying to divert attention to the REAL problem. You AGREE with the church who let these men CONTINUE doing this to innocent children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
The control of the people...what more can be said? The Catholic church controls the mind, the will, the way these people worship. They tell them when to stand, when to sit, what to eat, what NOT to eat, how many beads to count, pray to Mary and other saints...a type of GOVERNMENT that has FAILED time after time.

Watch the events that unfold before your eyes and decide then.

(edited on 3/3 by MizDoulos, Administrator)

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟272,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the new babylon is new york city
Actually, I think it's Tulsa. It's obvious; after all, Tulsa is "a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]" spelled backwards........
The control of the people...what more can be said? The Catholic church controls the mind, the will, the way these people worship. They tell them when to stand, when to sit, what to eat, what NOT to eat, how many beads to count, pray to Mary and other saints...a type of GOVERNMENT that has FAILED time after time. A FALSE religion that is based on nothing but the traditions of men and pagan influences. They themselves will not even question what they are TOLD to believe because they have been blinded. They dont CARE to know the truth because they let the "church" dictate that truth to them. THEIR truth, not the REAL truth. Sounds like BIG BROTHER or should I say, BIG FATHER.
Watch the events that unfold before your eyes and decide then.
(Wols finishes rolling on the floor after his laughing fit and wipes the tears out of his eyes)
All I can is, it's too bad Kirk got himself banned again.....I'd love to see what he'd do with this one! :D

It's painfully obvious you know absolutely nothing about Catholicism; but that's okay. Every statement like the one you made above virtually screams that fact to every discerning individual who reads them.

Where does one begin? :eek:

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, Wols.

Your light-hearted responses to the anti-Catholic drivel works better than all my medication to reduce the rise in blood pressure said drivel causes.

(What are these people going to SAY to St Peter when they meet him at the Pearly Gates???????)

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You think that there aren't leaders in Protestant churches who mollest children? Probably around the same ammount I'm estimating. Don't point out the splinter in your brother's eye before plucking out the log in your own. That is not just a Catholic problem, I bet if I searched the net right now I could find articles on Protestant pastors who did the same thing...wait, there was one in a Baptist church I used to go to about a year ago. As I've said, it's not just Catholic priests. Does that mean that ALL Christian churches are part of the harlot? Didn't think so.

P.S. You guys be careful...I don't want this to be the third thread the mods close down once the conversation gets good. I'm so sad...:cry: lol...I'll live. Just be careful...

Upvote 0

Blynn

Jan 15, 2002
✟22,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I don't want this thread to turn into fighting either. :cry:

I thought this was a pretty good question. I am very interested in prophecy. I am trying to learn. I do not understand why sometimes you run into so many different interpretations of the book of Revelations.

What I am most interested in is why some believe this could be America? I have heard this belief more and more recently. :scratch:

Thanks all for the input,
Roberta

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.