Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Here is specifically says "stars", in book of Revelation and Daniel it says "Horns" thus it isn't the same.
I thought you were not getting my Scriptural reference right. The Woman I am speaking of is in Rev. 12, she is ISRAEL.

12 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: This is Israel, this was what I was referring to brother.

There is a "harlot of Babylon" which is described as being the Roman Church more specifically the Vatican.
This is just not true. That is, imho, Satanic teaching, of Satan. I know and understand, it all sounded like it fit, but Satan is brilliant, he knows how to spin a yarn or tell a BIG LIE.

The Harlot is False Religion, and any Christian church MIGHT be a part of it, but can not be the Harlot. I do think the hierarchy of the RCC has problems, but the regular church members are just as Christian as we are, or just as bad as some of our church members.....All Churches have fakers amongst them.

Upvote 0

Yahu_

Nov 16, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
✟18,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You will have to read the OP to get a full grasp of my understanding. We know what the BEASTS are, the are Empires that Conquered Israel.

We are told in Rev. 17 what the Harlot and the Seven Headed Beast is.
I did read the OP and I stand by my disagreement. The beasts are spiritual principalities. The lion is one of the symbols of Molech, ie Satan. The bear is a symbol of Ashtoreth and the leopard is a symbol of Baal. Yes, they also pertain to the empires those principalities controlled that conquered Israel for a time but each of those empires had a different ruling principality.

Those 3 principalities are descent of the four angels bound at the Euphrates, the source of the post-flood Nephilim and the post flood paganism that spread from Babel. That corruption is why they were bound at the Euphrates at the events of the Tower of Babel and not in Tartarus with the pre-flood angels that sinned. Baal worship was Nimrod worship after his death. Nimrod was 1/4 nephilim via his mother's bloodline. He was a 'mighty man'. His spirit is the original anti-christ spirit. Nimrod means 'hunts with leopards' thus his leopard animal symbol of the Greek empire under Alexander. Then the Greek empire was split among the 'four winds/spirits' and he took over the Syrian branch of the split empire.

Molech, Ashtoreth and Baal were the top 3 principalities with Asherah (mother earth) being a lesser fourth. They are the 'four winds/spirits' that rule the demonic realms. Each controls a different realm and is also associated with a cardinal direction and an element of witchcraft, fire, water, air and earth. For example, the prince of the powers of the air is the anti-christ spirit, not Satan. Air, the 2nd heavens is his realm of control. He is called the 'prince of Tyrus' in Eze 28 while Molech is the 'king of Tyrus', ie Melqart, 'king of the city' of Tire. Ashtoreth is a moon goddess with control over the sea, ie the moon influences the tides. The harlot rides the beast 'out of the sea' and is over many waters. The third prophecy in Eze 28 is about 'she of Sidon' where Ashtoreth, Queen of heaven/sky' is the primary deity while Tire/Tyrus followed Molech and Baal.

These same individuals are referenced in Revelation by many of their symbols. Do you understand the reference in Daniel of the 'winged lion' and why he lost his wings and why he has the heart of a man? I do. Do you understand the difference between the 'serpent's root', the cockatrice and his fruit/child/offspring, the 'fiery flying serpent' and how they correlate to the dragon? Do you even know who Apollyon is and which pagan titles he holds by different cultures in the ancient paganism? Do you even understand the significance of the four angels that get let loose at the Euphrates and what that does to the demonic realms? Do you know who those four angels are?

Without an understanding of the demonic realms, and the ruling principalities, you can't understand the references in Revelation. The players in Revelation are NOT concepts but individuals over realms of spiritual authority. The great harlot is NOT false religion but she is over certain false doctrines and some goddess worship witchcraft. Each of the four winds have areas of false religion and false doctrines within Christianity.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I did read the OP and I stand by my disagreement. The beasts are spiritual principalities. The lion is one of the symbols of Molech, ie Satan. The bear is a symbol of Ashtoreth and the leopard is a symbol of Baal. Yes, they also pertain to the empires those principalities controlled that conquered Israel for a time but each of those empires had a different ruling principality.

Those 3 principalities are descent of the four angels bound at the Euphrates, the source of the post-flood Nephilim and the post flood paganism that spread from Babel. That corruption is why they were bound at the Euphrates at the events of the Tower of Babel and not in Tartarus with the pre-flood angels that sinned. Baal worship was Nimrod worship after his death. Nimrod was 1/4 nephilim via his mother's bloodline. He was a 'mighty man'. His spirit is the original anti-christ spirit. Nimrod means 'hunts with leopards' thus his leopard animal symbol of the Greek empire under Alexander. Then the Greek empire was split among the 'four winds/spirits' and he took over the Syrian branch of the split empire.

Molech, Ashtoreth and Baal were the top 3 principalities with Asherah (mother earth) being a lesser fourth. They are the 'four winds/spirits' that rule the demonic realms. Each controls a different realm and is also associated with a cardinal direction and an element of witchcraft, fire, water, air and earth. For example, the prince of the powers of the air is the anti-christ spirit, not Satan. Air, the 2nd heavens is his realm of control. He is called the 'prince of Tyrus' in Eze 28 while Molech is the 'king of Tyrus', ie Melqart, 'king of the city' of Tire. Ashtoreth is a moon goddess with control over the sea, ie the moon influences the tides. The harlot rides the beast 'out of the sea' and is over many waters. The third prophecy in Eze 28 is about 'she of Sidon' where Ashtoreth, Queen of heaven/sky' is the primary deity while Tire/Tyrus followed Molech and Baal.

These same individuals are referenced in Revelation by many of their symbols. Do you understand the reference in Daniel of the 'winged lion' and why he lost his wings and why he has the heart of a man? I do. Do you understand the difference between the 'serpent's root', the cockatrice and his fruit/child/offspring, the 'fiery flying serpent' and how they correlate to the dragon? Do you even know who Apollyon is and which pagan titles he holds by different cultures in the ancient paganism? Do you even understand the significance of the four angels that get let loose at the Euphrates and what that does to the demonic realms? Do you know who those four angels are?

Without an understanding of the demonic realms, and the ruling principalities, you can't understand the references in Revelation. The players in Revelation are NOT concepts but individuals over realms of spiritual authority. The great harlot is NOT false religion but she is over certain false doctrines and some goddess worship witchcraft. Each of the four winds have areas of false religion and false doctrines within Christianity.

I back my understanding up with Scriptures. You need to place everything in a scriptural context, or it means nothing in reality.

You are way out there man.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Oooh you are the type of person that thinks an "honest" person always tells truths, and a liar always must lie ..oh yes, very impressive!
I am saying that SDA eschatology is flawed.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

1kings11:
5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.

7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.

I was trying to see if Solomon could be tied to four false gods - but I am not finding it. Although I just might be missing it. I'm looking at Solomon because of the 666 talents of gold... and the economic requirement in Revelation 13, requires the 666 number of his (the beast's) name.

Ezekiel 28, the prince of tyre, the king of tyre, and Zidon would be the revealed man of sin, Satan, Islam..

In Ezekiel 28 textual connection:
1. the revealed man of sin - because the prince of tyre "sits" in the middle of the seas, claiming to be God.
2. Satan - because he was in the garden of eden
3. Islam -because it is a prickling briar to the house of Israel

Upvote 0

ver 2-10

Dec 13, 2016
Denmark
✟23,003.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I am saying that SDA eschatology is flawed.
That still doesn't make sense, you haven't even made a serious analysis of the video, you just flat out disbelief the video before even have seen it, that's not a serious discussion!
Please stop wasting my time in this manner!

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That still doesn't make sense, you haven't even made a serious analysis of the video, you just flat out disbelief the video before even have seen it, that's not a serious discussion!
Please stop wasting my time in this manner!
The video claims the woman in Revelation is the church. Which is not the case.

In addition, by misinterpreting Revelation 12 as the woman, the SDA changes the days in Revelation 12:6 into years, otherwise, their other interpretations won't fit the timeframes in the units as actually stated in the text. 1260 days as years? No. Because if that standard were applied the 3 1/2 days the two witnesses bodies will lie dead in the streets as the world celebrates would be 3 1/2 years.... really ?

What SDA doesn't get is the crowns are on the heads in Chapter 12. But not in Revelation 17, when the sixth king was ruling during John' time.

The Vatican is the harlot in Revelation 17, in pragmatic terms, that will be destroyed by the ten kings - yes. But the woman in Revelation 12 is not the church. But SDA must make the woman in Revelation 12 the woman because it maintains the Pope/Papacy the Antichrist - an erroneous conclusion. Which the SDA is wrong, because to become the Antichrist a person must be anointed the King of Israel, and his religion Judaism, initially.

Separately, the Vatican should dissolve itself. Not going to happen, so God is going to destroy the Vatican.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ver 2-10

Dec 13, 2016
Denmark
✟23,003.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
The video claims the woman in Revelation is the church. Which is not the case.

In addition, by misinterpreting Revelation 12 as the woman, the SDA changes the days in Revelation 12:6 into years, otherwise, their other interpretations won't fit the timeframes in the units as actually stated in the text. 1260 days as years? No. Because if that standard were applied the 3 1/2 days the two witnesses bodies will lie dead in the streets as the world celebrates would be 3 1/2 years.... really ?

What SDA doesn't get is the crowns are on the heads in Chapter 12. But not in Revelation 17, when the sixth king was ruling during John' time.

The Vatican is the harlot in Revelation 17, in pragmatic terms, that will be destroyed by the ten kings - yes. But the woman in Revelation 12 is not the church. But SDA must make the woman in Revelation 12 the woman because it maintains the Pope/Papacy the Antichrist - an erroneous conclusion. Which the SDA is wrong, because to become the Antichrist a person must be anointed the King of Israel, and his religion Judaism, initially.

Separately, the Vatican should dissolve itself. Not going to happen, so God is going to destroy the Vatican.
Imo the Church IS the harlot, and it well reasoned.

Don't think it's misinterpretation, and I have to disagree with you on these matters.

Do you even know what the 2 witnesses are?

The kings on John's time doesn't really fit the bill in Book of Revelation, but it does with the Prophecy of the Popes, by St Malachy
Prophecy of the Popes - Wikipedia

Please provide evidence of your claim about this "Antichrist is Israel" thing, I've NEVER heard that one before!
The church change the 10 commandments, 1 of the verses said "thou shalt not make graven images and bow down to them", which was changed to "thou shalt not have other gods before me", so they could sell lots of idols of saints and early loads on that.

Besides protestants, muslims and jews believe that ONLY God can give absolution, contrary the Catholic church.

By your own words you say that: "God is going to destroy the Vatican" why would he do that if the Vatican wasn't the harlot of Babylon?!

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Please provide evidence of your claim about this "Antichrist is Israel" thing, I've NEVER heard that one before!
The church change the 10 commandments, 1 of the verses said "thou shalt not make graven images and bow down to them", which was changed to "thou shalt not have other gods before me", so they could sell lots of idols of saints and early loads on that.
You did not read my post very well. I did not say the Antichrist is Israel. I wrote to become the Antichrist, the person has to become the King of Israel. The papacy and pope don't qualify.

An excerpt from Arthru Pink's book "the Antichrist" around 1950.

" Undoubtedly there are many points of analogy between Antichrist and the popes, and without doubt the Papal system has foreshadowed to a remarkable degree the character and career of the coming Man of Sin. Some of the parallelisms between them were pointed out by us in the previous chapter, and to these many more might be added. Not only is it evident that Roman Catholicism is a most striking type and harbinger of that one yet to come, but the cause of truth requires us to affirm that the Papacy is an antichrist, doubtless, the most devilish of them all. Yet, we say again, that Romanism is not the Antichrist. As it is likely that many of our readers have been educated in the belief that the pope and the Antichrist are identical, we shall proceed to produce some of the numerous proofs which go to show that such is not the case. That the Papacy cannot possibly be the Antichrist appears from the following considerations: =
1. The term "Antichrist" whether employed in the singular or the plural, denotes a person or persons, and never a system. We may speak correctly of an anti-Christ-ian system, just as we may refer to a Christian organization; but it is just as inadmissible and erroneous to refer to any system or organization as "the Antichrist" or "an antichrist", as it would be to denominate any Christian system or organization "the Christ", or "a Christ". Just as truly as the Christ is the title of a single person the Son of God, so the Antichrist will be a single person, the son of Satan.
2. The Antichrist will be a lineal descendant of Abraham, a Jew. We shall not stop to submit the proof for this, as that will be given in our next chapter; suffice it now to say that none but a full-blooded Jew could ever expect to palm himself off on the Jewish people as their long-expected Messiah. Here is an argument that has never been met by those who believe that the pope is the Man of Sin. So far as we are aware no Israelite has ever occupied the Papal See - certainly none has done so since the seventh century."

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
By your own words you say that: "God is going to destroy the Vatican" why would he do that if the Vatican wasn't the harlot of Babylon?!
The harlot of Babylon is not a biblical term. The harlot riding the beast is in Revelation 17. What I wrote was that SDA misinterprets the woman in Revelation 12 as being the true church. They are wrong. The woman in Revelation 12 is Israel..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ver 2-10

Dec 13, 2016
Denmark
✟23,003.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
You did not read my post very well. I did not say the Antichrist is Israel. I wrote to become the Antichrist, the person has to become the King of Israel. The papacy and pope don't qualify.

An excerpt from Arthru Pink's book "the Antichrist" around 1950.

" Undoubtedly there are many points of analogy between Antichrist and the popes, and without doubt the Papal system has foreshadowed to a remarkable degree the character and career of the coming Man of Sin. Some of the parallelisms between them were pointed out by us in the previous chapter, and to these many more might be added. Not only is it evident that Roman Catholicism is a most striking type and harbinger of that one yet to come, but the cause of truth requires us to affirm that the Papacy is an antichrist, doubtless, the most devilish of them all. Yet, we say again, that Romanism is not the Antichrist. As it is likely that many of our readers have been educated in the belief that the pope and the Antichrist are identical, we shall proceed to produce some of the numerous proofs which go to show that such is not the case. That the Papacy cannot possibly be the Antichrist appears from the following considerations: =
1. The term "Antichrist" whether employed in the singular or the plural, denotes a person or persons, and never a system. We may speak correctly of an anti-Christ-ian system, just as we may refer to a Christian organization; but it is just as inadmissible and erroneous to refer to any system or organization as "the Antichrist" or "an antichrist", as it would be to denominate any Christian system or organization "the Christ", or "a Christ". Just as truly as the Christ is the title of a single person the Son of God, so the Antichrist will be a single person, the son of Satan.
2. The Antichrist will be a lineal descendant of Abraham, a Jew. We shall not stop to submit the proof for this, as that will be given in our next chapter; suffice it now to say that none but a full-blooded Jew could ever expect to palm himself off on the Jewish people as their long-expected Messiah. Here is an argument that has never been met by those who believe that the pope is the Man of Sin. So far as we are aware no Israelite has ever occupied the Papal See - certainly none has done so since the seventh century."
He graps his conclusions out of thin air and disregards all the sings in the Book of Revelations, the harlot sitteth on many waters, which Israel/Jerusalem doesn't, which translates many kingdoms, wear purple and scarlet, which is no where to be found in Jerusalem, besides he speak of system, the Vatican has a boss called Pope which is a man, thus it can fit perfectly on the Vatican

She drinketh the blood of the saints, as far as I know Israel only killed Jesus and maybe a few others, but the church has killed far far more!

Upvote 0

ver 2-10

Dec 13, 2016
Denmark
✟23,003.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
The harlot of Babylon is not a biblical term. The harlot riding the beast is in Revelation 17. What I wrote was that SDA misinterprets the woman in Revelation 12 as being the true church. They are wrong. The woman in Revelation 12 is Israel..
Harlot is the same as harlot.
How is the harlot Israel?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Harlot is the same as harlot.
How is the harlot Israel?
I am not saying the harot in Revelation 17 is Israel.

The woman in Revelation 12 is Israel. SDA says the woman is the church. SDA (and Doug Batcher, the speaker in the video) are wrong about the woman in Revelation 12 as being the church.

Revelation 12:
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman [Israel] clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman [Israel] which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He graps his conclusions out of thin air and disregards all the sings in the Book of Revelations, the harlot sitteth on many waters, which Israel/Jerusalem doesn't, which translates many kingdoms, wear purple and scarlet, which is no where to be found in Jerusalem, besides he speak of system, the Vatican has a boss called Pope which is a man, thus it can fit perfectly on the Vatican

She drinketh the blood of the saints, as far as I know Israel only killed Jesus and maybe a few others, but the church has killed far far more!
Pink is not talking about the harlot in Revelation 17 not being the Vatican.

He is talking about the notion that the papacy/pope being the Antichrist - is wrong. The person has to be a Jew and become the messiah to the Jews. The messiah to the Jews is someone who will become the King of Israel to lead them and the world into the messianic age of peace, harmony, safety.

Upvote 0

ver 2-10

Dec 13, 2016
Denmark
✟23,003.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I am not saying the harot in Revelation 17 is Israel.

The woman in Revelation 12 is Israel. SDA says the woman is the church. SDA (and Doug Batcher, the speaker in the video) are wrong about the woman in Revelation 12 as being the church.

Revelation 12:
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman [Israel] clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman [Israel] which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
If the stars indeed are isreal, then how does this quote make sense?!?
4 His tail swept a third of the stars from the sky, tossing them to the earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If the stars indeed are isreal, then how does this quote make sense?!?
The stars in verse 4 are the angels. Has nothing to do with the 12 stars making up a crown upon her head.

The vision of the woman is the complete descripton in verse 1. There are only twelve stars in the desciption of the woman as those are the twelve tribes of Israel.

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Reactions: ver 2-10
Upvote 0

victorinus

catholic
May 15, 2016
usa
✟42,422.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The stars in verse 4 are the angels. Has nothing to do with the 12 stars making up a crown upon her head.

The vision of the woman is the complete descripton in verse 1. There are only twelve stars in the desciption of the woman as those are the twelve tribes of Israel.

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
Virgen_de_guadalupe1.jpg

Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

ver 2-10

Dec 13, 2016
Denmark
✟23,003.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private

Ok if it's indeed Jesus of Nazareth described as being birthed and eaten by the red dragon, then it seems unwritten for his 2nd coming, from which origin he will be, why I assume the reason why it's written that he will appear from thy sky on a white horse.
if he was already in Israel then he would not need to travel on an airplane (the white horse), but could instead take a bus/train or whatever land based vehicle.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, it's not Mary. Victorinus, the 1260days the woman is in the wilderness in Revelation 12:6 - those correspond to the 1260 days of the two witnesses. Does the church need to have two witnesses testify to them about Jesus - or Israel ? The two witnesses are to testify to Israel.

Upvote 0

Hallstone

Jul 20, 2016
Pacific Northwest
✟14,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok if it's indeed Jesus of Nazareth described as being birthed and eaten by the red dragon, then it seems unwritten for his 2nd coming, from which origin he will be, why I assume the reason why it's written that he will appear from thy sky on a white horse.
if he was already in Israel then he would not need to travel on an airplane (the white horse), but could instead take a bus/train or whatever land based vehicle.
I think the woman that's mentioned with the red dragon is probably the true Israel (Christ's True Jewish Church that transcends history) because she participates in His birth and the first escape from Jerusalem by the true believers 2.5 years before the destruction of Jerusalem because of Christ's warning to the apostles. the flood is the Roman Armies, and she escapes. Remember the OT prophecy where 'the people of the Ruler who is to come (Romans) will destroy the city and the sanctuary and its end will come like/with a flood.

Upvote 0