The Wild West
✟476,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Traditional Christians will be dismayed to note that Azeri troops, thanks to inaction by Russian and Armenian forces, routed the remaining forces of Ngorno-Karabakh and the population is fleeing for the border. Thousands are missing.

This genocide could be worse than that of ISIS against the Yazidis. Please pray for all Armenians.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lord have mercy! From what little I've seen, it seems like this is permanent, insofar as the people who have been interviewed often repeat something about the security situation having deteriorated past the point of feeling like they would be safe to return even when/if open hostilities are over. And that's the point, right? Azerbaijan certainly doesn't want this 'rebellious' people and their little enclave to continue existing; to them, and sadly it seems to the international community as well, it's Azerbaijani territory, and so it is often painted as Azerbaijan "taking back control" over a traitorous ethnic enclave of untrustworthy people (see, e.g., how the AP choose to frame it) rather than what it is: the Turks finishing what they started centuries ago, and thought they'd be done with in 1915-1917.

Well I don't care how they choose to think of it. They'll always be murderous ghouls, little better than animals (and really, putting it that way is an insult to animals). How can such people sleep at night? Artsakh had a functioning government to the point of issuing passports and currency and such, and now? Well, now we see what the Azeris are making of it. It's a graveyard for the history of a people that the God-damned (not swearing; just saying that they'll get theirs in the end, as our God does not allow His people to suffer forever) Turks will roll over simply because they can, because they know nobody on the outside cares enough to stop them. Hitler was on to something when he asked "Who now speaks of the Armenians?", in response to questions about whether or not the world would lift a finger to stop his 'final solution'. I guess he learned how wrong he was in making that bet, but it also showed that unless something is directly affecting Europe or other rich, western places, nobody cares enough to do anything. Too bad, so sad for the Armenians. That's what they get for not assimilating and becoming Turkic-speaking Muslims, I guess? The Hemshin are not enough?

It is so hard to love the world sometimes. Again, Lord have mercy.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0