SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How much beyond simple "awareness" is faith?
For instance, the scripture indicates that faith comes by hearing. All one needs to have faith is to have their eyes open and light. Seems neither of these requires any mental exercise beyond being made aware.
I know true belief is accompanied by corresponding actions. If you believe the bridge is out, you are not going to go racing down the road toward it.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
For instance, the scripture indicates that faith comes by hearing. All one needs to have faith is to have their eyes open and light. Seems neither of these requires any mental exercise beyond being made aware.
I know true belief is accompanied by corresponding actions. If you believe the bridge is out, you are not going to go racing down the road toward it.

Faith cometh by hearing, hearing by the word of God.

The Bible is Speaking in a Spiritual context.
The example would be a question, How did you know the bridge was out?
In a soulish context you would have read the sign.
What if the bridge collapsed a few minutes before you arrived toward it.?
The Bible tells us, we have ministering Angels watching over us.
A deeper study of Gods Word, tells us about our relationship with God.
We have the indwelling of the Holy Spirt, who is God.
So many Groups are taught that we do not get anything but salvation from God, and the Gifts of the Spirit have ceased.
Well thank God for the ministering Angels!
When we press into Gods Word we learn about all the attributes of Christ, God's Will, and the meaning of the indwelling of the Holy Spirt.
We are quickened in our Spirit,We put our trust in Him because we know Him.
It could be just a desire to take a road less traveled to avoid disaster.
Our Faith should have no condition on it, or require a great miracle.
We know Him, our Faith is in Him as we trust Him by Faith.
Faith does not question Gods method for the great love He has toward us.
There are clear messages in our heart, such as do not go this way.
I have had things happen by the Grace of God that only He could have done.
If you ever find yourself on a road, and absolutely do not know how you got there, this is the love of God.
Angels can and will for a better word transport you instantly from danger.
My Wife and I were suddenly miles away from our turn in very heavy interstate traffic on a off ramp to downtown.
We were approaching the interchange from one interstate road to another.
Instantly we were miles away on a downtown exit.
Have Faith in God, as our lord said in Mark Chapter 11.
Translational meaning Have the God kind of Faith.
This type of knowledge only comes by the Word of God.
We must Hear with our Spirit, and know with all our heart.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I mentioned praising God in the mornings in another thread.
We must seek God's will every day in Prayer.
our prayers must be in Faith knowing He will guide us.
Our hope is to glorify Him in the smallest things or the things that can mean life or Death.
my heart breaks for the people that are bound by Satan with drugs
I have called the EMTs too many times.
people just driving by a person on their face under a bus bench,
or sprawled against a wall no responding to your voice.
It is wonderful to pray with someone for their Salvation, all Heaven celebrated the moment they are in Christ.
But we cannot look away before they have a chance.
I used to think that great callings were to a pulpit, now I know there are many callings in the Kingdom of Heaven.

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Hey Dids... Glad to have you back. I may be all wet with what I'm thinking about this but simple awareness is indeed having the knowledge that the bridge is out whether you approach it and (then notice it), or there was a closing sign in front of it. With this you have the realization knowledge that informed you the bridge is out. Human faith can only believe what it can see, taste, hear, smell, or feel; it's limited to our five senses.

When it comes to God, we have to believe things that we cannot see. (Romans 4:17) “God … calleth those things which be not as though they were.” God’s faith goes beyond sight. God’s faith operates supernaturally, beyond the limitations of our (natural faith). Human faith comes from man thru his soul, which is mind, will, and emotions... where divine faith is certain of what is... expected. There is no doubt, it is (already) done although we do not see it yet (physically).

We know that God’s faith goes beyond sight. God’s faith operates supernaturally, beyond the limitations of our natural faith. Biblical “faith” is very different. Biblical faith goes beyond mental acceptance of the facts.

Many Christians today have a condition referred to as 'mental assent' when one tries to act as if they are in faith when they are really still in hope. We know that hope comes first. I have wrestled with that myself (in my early days) believing I was in faith... but later learned that faith is (present tense) the substance of things hoped for. The (past tense) is believing the substance of things (already) hoped for (with) the evidence of things not seen. Hope knows that it may receive something, but faith knows that we have already received it when we prayed (Mark 11:24). Hope is in the mind while faith is in the heart (your spirit).

I hope this makes some sense in the way I presented it. Many Christians are aware of what we (should) believe about faith and end up missing it.

Remain Blessed

Harry
Word of Faith Icon.gif

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hey Dids... Glad to have you back. I may be all wet with what I'm thinking about this but simple awareness is indeed having the knowledge that the bridge is out whether you approach it and (then notice it), or there was a closing sign in front of it. With this you have the realization knowledge that informed you the bridge is out. Human faith can only believe what it can see, taste, hear, smell, or feel; it's limited to our five senses.

When it comes to God, we have to believe things that we cannot see. (Romans 4:17) “God … calleth those things which be not as though they were.” God’s faith goes beyond sight. God’s faith operates supernaturally, beyond the limitations of our (natural faith). Human faith comes from man thru his soul, which is mind, will, and emotions... where divine faith is certain of what is... expected. There is no doubt, it is (already) done although we do not see it yet (physically).

We know that God’s faith goes beyond sight. God’s faith operates supernaturally, beyond the limitations of our natural faith. Biblical “faith” is very different. Biblical faith goes beyond mental acceptance of the facts.

Many Christians today have a condition referred to as 'mental assent' when one tries to act as if they are in faith when they are really still in hope. We know that hope comes first. I have wrestled with that myself (in my early days) believing I was in faith... but later learned that faith is (present tense) the substance of things hoped for. The (past tense) is believing the substance of things (already) hoped for (with) the evidence of things not seen. Hope knows that it may receive something, but faith knows that we have already received it when we prayed (Mark 11:24). Hope is in the mind while faith is in the heart (your spirit).

I hope this makes some sense in the way I presented it. Many Christians are aware of what we (should) believe about faith and end up missing it.

Remain Blessed

Harry

Boy my ears are ringing, I have been hearing this message from many people.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe we first need trust, not faith. We need to trust that God is real and bible is real. After that everything else will fall into place. Like a child, we take in the bible and we experience supernatural connection with God.

Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think faith comes, not by the strengths or efforts of the hearer, rather is comes and is automatic when you know who the Speaker is, and you are aware of His integrity.
I think we confuse people when we say things like "if you really believe" or "if you have enough faith."
It is really not a matter of quantity, you either do or you do not.
What do you think?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I think faith comes, not by the strengths or efforts of the hearer, rather is comes and is automatic when you know who the Speaker is, and you are aware of His integrity.
I think we confuse people when we say things like "if you really believe" or "if you have enough faith."
What do you think?

It is our promise from God:

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

God's Word is all we ever need.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think?
"

Hi bless you. We know we were given the measure of faith " but to think soberly according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.". We know what Christ said to the Solider "he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel." Love that.. to make GOD marvel. We know Christ said "“Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you."

The 12 asked him “Why could we not cast it out?” Christ said "because of your unbelief". I said on some other forum how we just don't read enough threads about FIATH the only way to please our Father. So when Christ aka GOD really said it, if you have faith as a mustard seed. Hmm were we not given the measure of faith? Seems that faith can be different in sizes. The solider Christ said had great faith :) So don't read the word for a while and try to have faith in believing in anything. Then read HEAR that word over and over day in day out...NOW you will have faith. We need to work our faith. Just like we work out (some of us) ever day...if we can :)

Faith I see no end to how much faith one can have. Meaning there is no end to my Father so there is no end to who much this faith can grow. It all comes down to faith. We are not just a picture copy of Him. Let this mind be in you that was also in Christ Jesus who thought it not robbery to be called equal with God. HAHA the song ...words just said "I will walk by faith not by sight" amen. For some said to Christ I believe but help my unbelief. Belief faith.. yes I know. Or the one that said I know you can but do you want to? Why when I pray for people I ask what do you want what can you believe? Peter and John at the gate beautiful said why do you look at us as if we did this by our own power. Its FIATH in that name. We tend to just believe we have that kind of faith yet.. if we had faith just the size of a mustered seed..oh that mtn that tree would have to move if we told it to. NO it is not written that means a mtn in your life. YET it can also do that :)

Not good with words forgive me.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What do you think?
Certainly! Just because we don't see 'these signs shall follow them that believe', doesn't indicate our non-belief, but the need of patience to trust the One whom we 'must' believe will reward accodingly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
What do you think?

Hey, Brother once again its been to long since I came into the forum.
A long time ago I was at our Church fellowship meeting.
My Wife and I had been attending for maybe a month, that was eleven years ago.
In speaking with the Co Pastor I mentioned Kenneth E Hagin, and Word of Faith.
His response was very irritated as if I mentioned a non Jesus centered belief.
We found our Church home there because they are full Gospel.
As soon as we walked in the first time we knew this was our Church.
In a prior service the Co Pastor called for anyone who wanted the laying on of hands to recieve the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

Well it took me a day or two before I was in the presence of the Lord, had to pull off the road, and began praying in Tongues to the point of not caring about time or where I was at, all I could do was speak in the Spirit knowing i was with the lord.
In our Church through the laying on of hands, and anointing with oil people recieved healing from cancer, a donor for a kidney that seemed impossible as time was running out along with people being Born again.

I say this because they teach Faith as well for their doctrine.
The Pastor the following Sunday made mention of the hyper Faith movement , because the Co Pastor asked me during the fellowship if I thought Mrs somebody did not have Faith.
Apparently She was a elder in the Church who was dieing, and it was a topic of grief.
Today My Co Pastorand I are close as Brothers, and we are two manly guys that can say I love you in Church.
He has Parkinsons, and it is starting to show.
Before my Wife and I were there our Pastor had the roof of his mouth removed from cancer, and before that heart trouble.
It is a hard thing to know that through The Faith of God that healing is part of Our lords atonement, when people are hurting and you know its Gods will to heal them.
There comes a unbelief that happens among groups that have known each other for so long.
My Pastors Wife was diagnosed with Parkinsons as well.
They all grew up on farms where chemicals were used, from Sod farms to Tomato fields.
Evil simply pounds the Body of Christ sometimes with Television speaking death and law in the same sentence.
As well we know Jesus could do no good works in His own Home other than Heal a few sick folks.
Dad Hagin somehow figured out it was about eight or nine people.
I have to pick between the promises of God, and someone's Faith and I pick the promises of God cannot fail.
The Book of James tells us :
James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

We know some of the people Jesus healed were not believers in John's Baptism nor did they know that Christ was who healed them.
On some occasions Jesus would ask canst though believe?
One man replied help me with my unbelief.

Mark 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

It is a rough topic of discussion, yet the person cannot have unbelief in their heart, or believe in their heart God is taking them for His reasons,
that are proprietary to them.
God is no respecter of persons.

Duane Sheriff once said I don't know why the sweetest woman in Church died.
He was referring to virtually the same circumstances, and I have to say neither do I, and I agree with you on confusing people if we pressure them by trying to guilt them into believing, one circumstance may be fear.
Personally I have been dealing with a pain that completely goes then comes back, I know the reason and its something within my own thoughts.
Keep up your writing, and stay Blessed you have Blessed all of us these past years.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
What do you think?

As soon as I had written this response ,I turned in and put on the 2022 S.W.
Believers Conference.
In the first half of this message Jessie reviews what he had taught in the other meetings.
His assessment of our doubt is worth a listen.

Upvote 0