• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Awareness

Discussion in 'Word of Faith' started by SavedByGrace3, Dec 2, 2021.

1. SavedByGrace3

SavedByGrace3 Whoever calls on the name of Jesus will be saved Supporter

+1,542
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    How much beyond simple "awareness" is faith?
    For instance, the scripture indicates that faith comes by hearing. All one needs to have faith is to have their eyes open and light. Seems neither of these requires any mental exercise beyond being made aware.
    I know true belief is accompanied by corresponding actions. If you believe the bridge is out, you are not going to go racing down the road toward it.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. now faith

now faith Veteran Supporter

+1,513
    Word of Faith
    Married
    Faith cometh by hearing, hearing by the word of God.

The Bible is Speaking in a Spiritual context.
    The example would be a question, How did you know the bridge was out?
    In a soulish context you would have read the sign.
    What if the bridge collapsed a few minutes before you arrived toward it.?
    The Bible tells us, we have ministering Angels watching over us.
    A deeper study of Gods Word, tells us about our relationship with God.
    We have the indwelling of the Holy Spirt, who is God.
    So many Groups are taught that we do not get anything but salvation from God, and the Gifts of the Spirit have ceased.
    Well thank God for the ministering Angels!
    When we press into Gods Word we learn about all the attributes of Christ, God's Will, and the meaning of the indwelling of the Holy Spirt.
    We are quickened in our Spirit,We put our trust in Him because we know Him.
    It could be just a desire to take a road less traveled to avoid disaster.
    Our Faith should have no condition on it, or require a great miracle.
    We know Him, our Faith is in Him as we trust Him by Faith.
    Faith does not question Gods method for the great love He has toward us.
    There are clear messages in our heart, such as do not go this way.
    I have had things happen by the Grace of God that only He could have done.
    If you ever find yourself on a road, and absolutely do not know how you got there, this is the love of God.
    Angels can and will for a better word transport you instantly from danger.
    My Wife and I were suddenly miles away from our turn in very heavy interstate traffic on a off ramp to downtown.
    We were approaching the interchange from one interstate road to another.
    Instantly we were miles away on a downtown exit.
    Have Faith in God, as our lord said in Mark Chapter 11.
    Translational meaning Have the God kind of Faith.
    This type of knowledge only comes by the Word of God.
    We must Hear with our Spirit, and know with all our heart.

3. now faith

+1,513
    Word of Faith
    Married
    I mentioned praising God in the mornings in another thread.
    We must seek God's will every day in Prayer.
    our prayers must be in Faith knowing He will guide us.
    Our hope is to glorify Him in the smallest things or the things that can mean life or Death.
    my heart breaks for the people that are bound by Satan with drugs
    I have called the EMTs too many times.
    people just driving by a person on their face under a bus bench,
    or sprawled against a wall no responding to your voice.
    It is wonderful to pray with someone for their Salvation, all Heaven celebrated the moment they are in Christ.
    But we cannot look away before they have a chance.
    I used to think that great callings were to a pulpit, now I know there are many callings in the Kingdom of Heaven.

4. hhodgson

hhodgson Semper-fi Supporter

+370
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hey Dids... Glad to have you back. I may be all wet with what I'm thinking about this but simple awareness is indeed having the knowledge that the bridge is out whether you approach it and (then notice it), or there was a closing sign in front of it. With this you have the realization knowledge that informed you the bridge is out. Human faith can only believe what it can see, taste, hear, smell, or feel; it's limited to our five senses.

When it comes to God, we have to believe things that we cannot see. (Romans 4:17) “God … calleth those things which be not as though they were.” God’s faith goes beyond sight. God’s faith operates supernaturally, beyond the limitations of our (natural faith). Human faith comes from man thru his soul, which is mind, will, and emotions... where divine faith is certain of what is... expected. There is no doubt, it is (already) done although we do not see it yet (physically).

We know that God’s faith goes beyond sight. God’s faith operates supernaturally, beyond the limitations of our natural faith. Biblical “faith” is very different. Biblical faith goes beyond mental acceptance of the facts.

Many Christians today have a condition referred to as 'mental assent' when one tries to act as if they are in faith when they are really still in hope. We know that hope comes first. I have wrestled with that myself (in my early days) believing I was in faith... but later learned that faith is (present tense) the substance of things hoped for. The (past tense) is believing the substance of things (already) hoped for (with) the evidence of things not seen. Hope knows that it may receive something, but faith knows that we have already received it when we prayed (Mark 11:24). Hope is in the mind while faith is in the heart (your spirit).

I hope this makes some sense in the way I presented it. Many Christians are aware of what we (should) believe about faith and end up missing it.

Remain Blessed

Harry
    Word of Faith Icon.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. now faith

+1,513
    Word of Faith
    Married
    Boy my ears are ringing, I have been hearing this message from many people.

6. Sunshinee777

Sunshinee777 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,962
    Finland
    Pentecostal
    Single
    I believe we first need trust, not faith. We need to trust that God is real and bible is real. After that everything else will fall into place. Like a child, we take in the bible and we experience supernatural connection with God.