Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This can be a beautiful time of year. Blue sky and that Autumn crispness in the morning air. :)
Many artist/photographers choose one or the other for times to capture an optimal mood, morning or evening. I think it depends, for instance, a shady noontime spot of a watery edge is wonderful.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Here in the UK, the railway companies will soon be publishing what they call their "Leaf Fall" train timetables. When leaves fall down from trees and land on the rails, they decompose and the chemicals create a sticky residue which causes the wheels to slip, requiring the trains to take additional time to accelerate and decelerate.
The train companies usually explain this very well over their public address systems: to bored commuters who have fallen asleep on benches waiting for their train to arrive (usually covered in leaves).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm not Pentecostal but I think that I'm still allowed to post here. I like autumn and all the pretty colors,.. but I don't like when the acorns fall from the trees and hit your noggin. Ouch! (That's why I wear a hat for the bigger ones.)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm not Pentecostal but I think that I'm still allowed to post here. I like autumn and all the pretty colors,.. but I don't like when the acorns fall from the trees and hit your noggin. Ouch! (That's why I wear a hat for the bigger ones.)
Welcome,"April Rose'

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
As Christians, the seasons remind us how in an uncertain and changing world, God always has a plan and purpose for our lives.
In a matter of week's, the leaves and branches that grew on our trees during the Spring and Summer months will finally wither and give way to emptiness. Our landscapes will seem more barren as the weather gets cooler. In our minds we will have fond memories of the summer months, and in our hearts the warmth of the conviviality and friendship we enjoyed.
Leaving the summer behind gives us a sense of bereavement, yet the happy memories we have still live on.
It reminds me of the friends and family members I once knew who have passed on. I still think of them a lot and talk about them with great gratitude and fondness.
Autumn reminds us that transformation can be a beautiful thing: the vibrant colours, the picture postcard scenes. If there was no autumn, then there would be no spring. The water in the cells of the leaves would cause them to rupture and the trees would not be able to grow new ones. So there is a bigger purpose in it all. Autumn and winter pave the way to spring with its beauty, abundance and prosperity.
In our own lives, God wants us to flourish and grow, but sometimes we have to go through a season of pruning. It can be uncomfortable and it can be bewildering, but it will always lead us to completeness and joy.
When the Lord closes a door, He always opens a window.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.