• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Autism Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually there were studies done that linked thimerosal to autism. David Kirby, Boyd Haley, Andrew Cutler, Dr. Butthar, etc. Plus, your can't refute the thousands of parents stating their child was fine until receiving multiple shots in one day.

First of all, I'm not here to fight about whether vaccines are causing this or not--- I know that some studies have tried to link vaccines to autism while others have shown that there is no connection. I'm simply reminding parents that they should make a wise and educated choice about providing vaccines for their child--- the health benefits and the risks of them.

Another logical thing to do would be to study the Amish, since they do not vaccinate AS much as the regular population. Oh wait, that has been done. Findings were only 3 austistic children, 2 of which were adopted and had all ready received vaccines. Isn't it a coincidence that autism rates went up in the early 90's when more vaccines were introduced?
But there is one issue with studying a population like the Amish/Mennonites. They're a closed off population, usually, and are very small in numbers, while we have autistic rates from very large population, and therefore, a better chance of having children that are on the autism spectrum.

Another factor, I would like to point out, is that there is a higher rate of children that have been diagnosed with autism because we have been given the chance to better study it, understand it, and define it---- with research we can now that a child has autism and not just define it as mental retardation or something else.

One other point: I read that since some believe there has been a link between vaccines and autism, some of the vaccine companies have taken out the mercury or other questionable chemicals. Even with these new vaccines without the chemicals, the rate of diagnosing children with autism has not dropped.

I don't want us scaring parents into not giving their children vaccines--- that is, of course, not for us to do here at the site. Parents must research the subject themselves (and I would hope parents would use more professional and educational tools rather than CF ;)) and discuss the factors with their child's doctor.

All I know is that I know alot of people who have gotten their vaccines as children and are perfectly fine--- there has to be more to this autism issue than just vaccines.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/fishman/2005/mmr.html

Upvote 0

2scoops

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear
May 19, 2004
Dayton, OH
✟11,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you, parents need to make better choices. The problem is thimerosal is STILL in at least 11 of the vaccines, and not totally out of the ones they say they are out of. I think it's weird that man has been living for thousand's of years and all of a sudden, he needs vaccines to sustain life?

There have been studies done that show people who have high testosterome levels are usually the ones who do NOT excrete mercury.

I also find it interesting that McCain came forth and publicly stated that there is a DIRECT correlation between thierosal and autism, a DIRECT correlation. We don't always get the truth from pharmacy companies, the FDA and the CDC. I guess that's why they NEED lobbyists.

Regarding the amish, here's a pretty interesting piece.

http://www.ageofautism.com/2008/04/olmsted-on-au-3.html

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
... I think it's weird that man has been living for thousand's of years and all of a sudden, he needs vaccines to sustain life...?

Vaccines aren't meant to sustain life, but as a prevention, a prophylactic. If someone is not vaccinated AND never exposed to those kind of diseases, they are just as healthy as anyone else. Vaccinated people, in theory, are just more resistant to such infections. It is generally a good idea, if there are no dire side effects, or ethical concerns. Unfortunately, not all vaccines pass these two tests.

Upvote 0

Timuchin

May 4, 2007
Visit site
✟8,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
While I believe that thimerosal can be contributing factor, there are places where it has been greatly reduced or removed altogether and they still have high rates of autism. This would mean that thimerosal is not the sole contributor to this condition. It may just be the "straw that broke the camel's back."
I agree. In Japan, they have industrial dumping of mercury in the bays. Those people, young & old come down with autism, but by a different name. The Red Chinese don't use stack scrubbers to pull mercury vapor out of their stack gases. There is a large amount of autism downwind of those coal-fire power plants. In America we have no problem with that; we must use stack scrubbers. Some American troops in Iraq come down with an uncurable ailment called "gulf war syndrome". The Allies' troops don't. The big difference is our troops get a raft of vaccinations before going over. The allies' troops don't.
If my theory holds true, lower functioning autism is a brain-damaged form of Asperger's, which has always been in the gene pool. Since the configuration of the NT brain is apparently different than ours, they could be equally brain-damaged in the same areas and never notice because they don't rely on those portions like we do.
The evidence doesn't bear out your theory. Quite often, the lower functioning Autists were normal in every way until a few days after going to see the doctor. Suddenly, they lost language, toilet training and social connectedness. They would scream if touched. No one in their family line had been like this.
Aspergers just didn't talk because they were interested in other things. If they had to talk, they were eloquent. They had ancestors who were strange" in the same way.
It is most likely that the Amish have their share of Aspies, but, if they are not brain-damaged, there are more differences in their society besides the lack of thimerosal & immunizations. And since none of these reversions occur later in childhood, adolescence or adulthood, there only seems to be a small window of vulnerability to study.
There are cases of adults coming down with autistic-like symptoms from mercury or aluminum poisoning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timuchin

May 4, 2007
Visit site
✟8,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh yes, I forgot to mention our metal, dental fillings. They are 50% mercury! The mercury in a 98-degree environment (like your mouth) is fuming or vaporizing constantly. Your lungs provide no defense against poisons. Whatever you breathe in goes into circulation in your body until it is captured by your cells. Or into mother's milk.
If you have dissimilar metals in contact with these fillings (crowns), you have electrolysis that gives you lots of mercury ions going into your gut. Your gut can handle all sorts of poisons, but mercury is one of the worst neurotoxins known to man. (or Woman). It can overwhelm those defenses and get in anyway. Or if a person is sick, the disease may lower the defenses to the mercury.
Mercury is a hazardous material that has a lower threshold of tolerance than what we are normally getting from our fillings.
http://msds.chem.ox.ac.uk/ME/mercury.html

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The evidence doesn't bear out your theory [about brain-damaged Aspies]. Quite often, the lower functioning Autists were normal in every way until a few days after going to see the doctor...

Aspies appear normal at an early age. I wasn't diagnosed until last year (age 45). It wasn't even widely acknowledged until around 1981. As to its heritability, such a trait might skip generations in the same way that left-handedness often does.

Suddenly, they lost language, toilet training and social connectedness. They would scream if touched. No one in their family line had been like this...

If this condition is due to additional brain damage caused by our modern environment, there would be no such family history.

In regards to other countries not having our requirement for smokestack scrubbers, it might be interesting to note that in America, before the creation of the EPA in 1970, we still had no such epidemic of autism as we are seeing today. Existing Aspies would have been written off as geeks and screwballs, but Kanner's would have been uncontestable. It has been medically recognized since the late 1960s. The occurrence of Kannerian autism would have been noted.

We need to look at what types of changes were almost global, and novel, at the beginning of this epidemic of K-autism.

The depletion of the ozone layer...?
Microwave ovens...?
Cellular phone service...?
Prenatal ultrasonography...?
Increased manufacturing of electronics [a source of lead pollution] or plastics...?

That would be the $1M question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timuchin

May 4, 2007
Visit site
✟8,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Aspies appear normal at an early age. I wasn't diagnosed until last year (age 45). It wasn't even widely acknowledged until around 1981. As to its heritability, such a trait might skip generations in the same way that left-handedness often does.

If this condition is due to additional brain damage caused by our modern environment, there would be no such family history.

In regards to other countries not having our requirement for smokestack scrubbers, it might be interesting to note that in America, before the creation of the EPA in 1970, we still had no such epidemic of autism as we are seeing today. Existing Aspies would have been written off as geeks and screwballs, but Kanner's would have been uncontestable. It has been medically recognized since the late 1960s. The occurrence of Kannerian autism would have been noted.

We need to look at what types of changes were almost global, and novel, at the beginning of this epidemic of K-autism.
Have you ever heard the term "mad as a hatter?" That came from hatters in the 1800's who rubbed mercury into the felt hats. The dose of mercury they got gave them "insanity." You say that autism wasn't widely recognized until 1981. Until that time autistic people would have been pigeon-holed as crazy and been committed. Once a person is labelled, it is tough to get them re-labelled. The recent statistics reflect the fact that more people are aware of the syndrome, not that it suddenly showed up.

Young Aspergers appear mostly normal until about 5 years old because all kids are rather concrete thinkers until that time. Suddenly the "normals" change their way of thinking. We don't. That's why we can remember earlier than the "normal" 5 year-old amnesia barrier.

I have ancestors whom on reflectioni didn't do too well because they behaved like me. There are many geniuses who exhibited similar characteristics to myself.

Autists appear completely normal until they day they act drastically abnormal. This can be 2 weeks old to 50 years old.

I'm 60 years old and was diagnosed Aspergers two years ago. I'm glad to find out what was wrong with me all those years. But I had to grieve the lost hope of ever being "normal."

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Young Aspergers appear mostly normal until about 5 years old because all kids are rather concrete thinkers until that time. Suddenly the "normals" change their way of thinking. We don't. That's why we can remember earlier than the "normal" 5 year-old amnesia barrier...

I have, maybe, one memory before five.

On a positive note,

"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matt. 18:3, 4

Also, Asperger's wasn't acknowledged before 1981 and probably took longer to reach more rural areas, but Kanner's was recognized in the late '60s. This leaves a window of observation until 1970's EPA changes started to have an impact.

"Absent-minded [Aspie-minded?] professors" and similar scientists & engineers weren't typically institutionalized.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scientists have found that there are some genes that seem to be effected/different in Autistic children than "normal" children: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,380444,00.html

As for the comment on McCain, while I'll more than likely be voting for him in the next election, I don't ever listen to politicians when it comes to health. More than likely they're just told to say a certain thing and that's it--- I'll look at the research and right now research is saying there are various factors causing this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timuchin

May 4, 2007
Visit site
✟8,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
For Asperger's people, there is definitely a genetic cause to our "differences." Unfortunately we are lumped into the "autism spectrum." That always confuses the issue. Are we talking about "autism spectrum" or people simply with autism and not Asperger's?

Here's the difference:
Asperger's:
* later onset
* higher range of I.Q.
* no language deficit
* non-verbal communication problems less severe
* clumsiness in basic motor skills
* smart enough to know something's different or wrong"
Mercury Autism:
* early onset
* I.Q. tends to be lower
* often fail to develop spoken language
* problems with non-verbal communication
* tend to be adept at basic motor skills

So Asperger's usually aren't institutionalized. Bullied and rejected, yes. But not institutionalized. It is a genetic difference, perhaps due to Neanderthal genes.

Mercury Autists were probably institutionalized as "crazy" when all they needed was chelation to get the mercury out. But the drug companies are liable for billions in lawsuits if this is publicly known. So they spend millions in a propaganda program to confuse the issue and 'throw' potential future jurors.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mercury Autism:
* early onset
* I.Q. tends to be lower
* often fail to develop spoken language
* problems with non-verbal communication
* tend to be adept at basic motor skills

So Asperger's usually aren't institutionalized. Bullied and rejected, yes. But not institutionalized. It is a genetic difference,...

Mercury, alone, doesn't account for why 149 out of 150 DON'T get autism. Our shared lack of social skills, among other shared symptoms, suggests that the "lucky" winner was one of US prior to being brain-damaged, not a brain-damaged NT. The occurrence of Kanner's in a family that only has a family history of AS, is another good indicator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We can say autism, asperger's, MS, Alzheimer's, diabetes, etc. I just like to say mercury poisoned, and those are just the symptoms from it.

I know someone gave me the name of a therapist that advocated removing old fillings. I never contacted her, but thought about it at the time when my pa's were continuing to worsen.

Has anyone here had chelation done?

I know that is a treatment listed in the excellent book about Sensory Integration called Too Fast, Too Light, Too Loud And Too Tight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2scoops

May 19, 2004
Dayton, OH
✟11,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I know someone gave me the name of a therapist that advocated removing old fillings. I never contacted her, but thought about it at the time when my pa's were continuing to worsen.

Has anyone here had chelation done?

I know that is a treatment listed in the excellent book about Sensory Integration called Too Fast, Too Light, Too Loud And Too Tight.

I am doing chelation as we speak. I am actually taking an anti oxidant developed by Boyd Haley that is supposed to remove mercury from the body up to 1000 x better than anything else out there. The last chelators were developed in the 30's and 60'ss like DMSA, EDTA, DMPS. Chelation is a tricky things, becaue you ridding the body of metals and you do ont want to reditribute the metals, especially into the brain. If you are considering chelation, make sure you get with a trained physician.

I'm taking OSR (oxidative stress relief) and it has not been out long, actually I was taking samples and it is ony out now for families of austistic children. I will keep you updated on my progress, but I'm taking for skin issues, digestive issues and candida. I was having headaches from redistribution and they are almost non existent. I will post more info on OSR as it becomes available. There is only trial info from overseas, and will be more info from the states as it becomes available. Here's a good book on chelation.

www.noamalgam.com

How many fillings do you have? If you do consider taking them out, make sure you have a dentsit that does the proer protocol, the IAOMT, using a rubber dam, an asst. with a suction, eye protection and nasal passages. You would also want to start taking some antioxidants before doing so, vitamin a, c, and e. You just don't want any dentisit drilling the fillings out. Remeber ther eis mercury in them, and if a reg. dentsit does it, than you will end of swallowing the mercury, or get it in your eyes or nasal passages.

Upvote 0

2scoops

May 19, 2004
Dayton, OH
✟11,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for letting us follow along with the treatment. Do any insurance companies pay even part of the cost?

Not that I am aware of. It is being sold as a supplement. If it wasn't being sold as a supplement, it would have to go through the whole FDA process and probably wouldn' be available to the public in 10 years. Right now, the info is very scarce, but should have more info in the next couple of months. I do know of a website to buy it off of, but it's $350 for a 6 month supply. I just contacted Boyd Haley and he is supposed to call my ND tomorrow, so I'll know how much it will be. Right now, I still have some of my sample left. I want to try this stuff on myself, and then pass it along to family. I have 2 aunts with MS, who I hope this stuff will help them out!

Upvote 0

2scoops

May 19, 2004
Dayton, OH
✟11,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
To All Parents: We make no claims that OSR can treat any disease or cure any illness. OSR stands for Oxidative Stress Relief which is based on our initial observations that taking OSR increases plasma glutathione levels significantly. OSR has been extensively tested by 3rd party FDA certified toxicology laboratories and no toxic effects have been observed in rats at OSR levels 100 to thousands of times greater than we recommend be used in humans. Also, 3rd party labs have reported that OSR is non-mutagenic, has a good ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) score and had no effect on pregnancy outcomes when given to pregnant rats in massive doses. We have no indications of any toxicity that can be caused by OSR even at very high doses—which are not recommended. We have fulfilled the FDA new dietary ingredient requirements regarding support of its safety, however, the FDA has not evaluated our position that OSR is an effective antioxidant and a useful dietary ingredient.

OSR is an antioxidant that has the ability to partition into the lipophilic (fatty) tissues of the body and to scavenge damaging free radicals. OSR seems to be of value for a safe process to help in a dietary way those who are suffering from inflammation and oxidative stress. Just being able to scavenge the free radicals (which are the damaging chemicals produced in inflammation) seems to allow the body to salvage much of its reduced glutathione (GSH) most likely causing the increase in body GSH levels. GSH is used for detoxing the body of many toxicants and to protect enzymes from oxidation. I personally have been taking the compound for about 1.5 years and my latest physical showed no abnormal blood chemistry and I have zero physical problems. My personal plasma glutathione levels (LabCorp) was 1,225 with the average index being 669.

CTI Science is a beginning company and cannot make enough OSR at this time to supply everyone that wants it. Therefore, we are only supplying OSR to MDs or ODs who are treating autistic children. This is also being done to make sure that nothing out of the ordinary happens with a minority that may be sensitive to any sulfur based antioxidant including OSR. It is important to have a physician monitor these children as a precautionary principle. Also, I don’t want OSR to be another “pig-in-a-poke” for parents that does not work. Therefore, we are asking all initial users to agree to allow their physician to get before and after (two months later) testing for 3 items: 1. Plasma glutathione level, 2. Urinary prophyrin profile, 3. CRP levels. This testing will tell a parent if their child needs attention to oxidative stress or specific toxicities or if they are under inflammatory stress. It will also tell them if the OSR did any good with regards to helping alleviate the oxidative stress. Please contact your physician to see if they are aware of OSR if you are interested in trying it. Please understand, I just don’t have the time or the amounts of OSR to send out individual bottles to parents at this time, but I will accomplish this in the near future.

Boyd Haley

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.