• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Autism Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

2scoops

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear
May 19, 2004
Dayton, OH
✟11,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have a friend who's son is autistic. My heart goes out to anyone with autism, and also those who provide care. I truly believe the TRUTH with pop out about this nasty disorder. My friend sent me this info and I want to pass it along. God bless and I pray that healing will be attainable.

Dear friends
This month is autism awareness month.
My wife sent this video to send to all friends and family to view .It may have been aired on NBC, if not you can forward to your home PC or to others who may be interested learning or understanding more. It’s about 11 minutes long, but if you have the time it may touch you as well.

Click on the video clip of Autism Every Day
http://www.autismspeaks.org/sponsoredevents/autism_every_day.php

Did you know that autism effects 1 in every 166 children today?
It is at an epidemic level, Higher than any other childhood disease in history.
Did you know that 1 out every 6 children today are diagnosed with either a learning disability or have some sort of medical conditions.
These statistics are astounding and are backed by published medical research as well as our special educational tracking systems. Don’t just believe me do your research the information is out there if you look for it.
If you are not aware of this nor care to believe, perhaps a love one or someone you know may benefit to have heard. If there is someone you know that has been diagnosed with add, ADD, ADHD, PDD NOS Autism, Aspergers, Rhett syndrome, OCD’s as well as Bipolar and any other learning disabilities, they may want to further research the subject. They are all under the same umbrella and there is effective intervention as well as cures.

However, I wish the video had portrayed more than the everyday trials and tribulations.....Personally I would have liked to see them mention more about causes, treatments, the HOPE that is out there for these families. People need to know that this is not a hopeless situation for them. The mainstream medical community, most scientific research, as well as the media is controlled and supported by big Pharma .The majority of the information available is not easily publicized .although its it published medical research.
There are many resources, clips videos, links that contain biomedical interventions that are effective with treatment options. They also need to know that autism as well as many other conditions are treatable and recovery is obtainable.
I have many resources that show and document recovery is possible. I am willing to put together resources to anyone who wants further information.

There is Always Hope for Recovery.
Here are just a few Recovery stories (reads) 40 parent testimonies
http://www.generationrescue.org/testimonials.php

Here are just a few success stories/ video clips that were on national TV

http://www.shoemaker.us/media.html

Ehan’s video recovery with anti viral Valtrex

[FONT=Courier New, Courier] [/FONT] [FONT=Courier New, Courier]http://www.childrenscornerschool.com/video/aap_loop_small.wmv

[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, Courier](FOR PC)
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, Courier]http://www.childrenscornerschool.com/video/ethancar.wmv

[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, Courier](FOR MAC)

[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, Courier]http://www.childrenscornerschool.com/video/ethancar.mov

[/FONT]NBC clip JB Hanley[FONT=Courier New, Courier]
[/FONT]http://homepage.mac.com/rogereng/Autism/iMovieTheater24.html

ApocryphaNow

Nov 9, 2005
State College, PA
✟978.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but there is actually kind of a war going on right now between "recovered" autistics (those who can actually speak for themselves) and "normal" people. It is an interesting cultural phenomenon. A lot of us are rather unhappy with the prospect of a "cure." I think we would be much more content with understanding instead.

I realize that autism can be a terrible strain on the family structure, but a "cure" really seems like a pipe-dream at this point... especially if we are talking about a constellation of personality traits and environmental factors. As for a virus... that may lead to a few cases, but I doubt it has much to do with the majority. Honestly, I think autism is here to stay. We had best learn to deal with it rather than hope it goes away.

My condolences to your friend's family. I hope all turns out well for them in the long-run. I especially hope they turn to Love over Anguish in the case of their son.

FYI, I couldn't get your links to work properly.

Upvote 0

createcoms

Mar 13, 2006
Hamilton, New Zealand
✟15,174.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If you can avoid the problems that *cause* Autistic spectrum "conditions" then that is a legitimate venture.

Itt was suggested that my AS was caused by a genetic weakness that meant as a baby my body could not remove a heavy metal preservative used in child vaccines thus causing a toxic buildup of the substance altering my brain. This had only been stopped since early 2000 (here in NZ, dunno about ROW)so its a wait and see whether it affects the wider AS rate.

But of course I agree with Apocryha on this one, any talk of "curing" those with autistic conditions is ridiculous. AS is part of who I am today, and no amount of treatment can change that in a hurry......

Upvote 0

Snoofles

red toed doe
Feb 7, 2005
✟10,970.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
ApocryphaNow said:
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but there is actually kind of a war going on right now between "recovered" autistics (those who can actually speak for themselves) and "normal" people. It is an interesting cultural phenomenon. A lot of us are rather unhappy with the prospect of a "cure." I think we would be much more content with understanding instead.

I realize that autism can be a terrible strain on the family structure, but a "cure" really seems like a pipe-dream at this point... especially if we are talking about a constellation of personality traits and environmental factors. As for a virus... that may lead to a few cases, but I doubt it has much to do with the majority. Honestly, I think autism is here to stay. We had best learn to deal with it rather than hope it goes away.

My condolences to your friend's family. I hope all turns out well for them in the long-run. I especially hope they turn to Love over Anguish in the case of their son.

FYI, I couldn't get your links to work properly.

i agree with what you said about we need to understand it more than find a cure. the people who have autism need understanding and help to learn how to live and adapt in this world, rather than hoping to find a "cure."

Upvote 0

2scoops

May 19, 2004
Dayton, OH
✟11,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Not to make light of anyone's affliction. I have had chronic pain for three years and I'm gettingbetter because I don't listen to doctors, etc. Most of the time they don't know the cause of disease, they just treat symptoms. If people are getting rid of autism through ridding their bodies of heavey metal poisioning through chelating than it cannot be ignored. Mercury was put into vaccinations and tooth amalgams and that is fact, and we all know Mercury is bad for the body. I jst anted to post this info, because I believe there is Hope, even when we get downand we feel like we have none. Here is more info, if you want to read fine, if you don't than that is okay. But God never wanted man to put poision into our bodies and that is exactly what happens.

http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/

Upvote 0

ApocryphaNow

Nov 9, 2005
State College, PA
✟978.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
2scoops said:
Not to make light of anyone's affliction. I have had chronic pain for three years and I'm gettingbetter because I don't listen to doctors, etc. Most of the time they don't know the cause of disease, they just treat symptoms. If people are getting rid of autism through ridding their bodies of heavey metal poisioning through chelating than it cannot be ignored. Mercury was put into vaccinations and tooth amalgams and that is fact, and we all know Mercury is bad for the body. I jst anted to post this info, because I believe there is Hope, even when we get downand we feel like we have none. Here is more info, if you want to read fine, if you don't than that is okay. But God never wanted man to put poision into our bodies and that is exactly what happens.

http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/

Around the time when I first discovered that I was AS, I heard about chelation therapy as a means to "treat" autism. Indeed, probably the first time I heard of chelation therapy was when my mother was diasgnosed with MS about 7 years ago. I find it rather suspicious that this same modality of treatment could be seen as a "cure" for both MS and autism. I remember looking into it then and not being particularly impressed. I will have to look into it again to explain why I am not a fan. Brain damage due to mercury poisoning, however, is not reversible.

Upvote 0

createcoms

Mar 13, 2006
Hamilton, New Zealand
✟15,174.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
ApocryphaNow wrote,
"Brain Damage due to mercury poisoning, however is not reversible".

Exactly the reason why I think the idea of curing persons with AS is laughable. Add to what you have said, by following it logically and you can see that not only is there the mercury damage - but the growth of the person and brain onwards from there. As an Aspie your whole being develops on a different tanget and that cannot be manipulated to any great extent.

Upvote 0

ApocryphaNow

Nov 9, 2005
State College, PA
✟978.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
createcoms said:
ApocryphaNow wrote,
"Brain Damage due to mercury poisoning, however is not reversible".

Exactly the reason why I think the idea of curing persons with AS is laughable. Add to what you have said, by following it logically and you can see that not only is there the mercury damage - but the growth of the person and brain onwards from there. As an Aspie your whole being develops on a different tanget and that cannot be manipulated to any great extent.

pffft... fortunately. Honestly, if I thought there were a god, I would praise him for that. For me at least, autism is a gift worth more than anything I can imagine, and much more than the minor annoyances it causes me.

Upvote 0

createcoms

Mar 13, 2006
Hamilton, New Zealand
✟15,174.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And just on that, have you read the Book by Lee Strobel "The Case For Christ". Such material I find to be very satisfying to my rather logical and reasoned (well attempted anyhow) approach to all things in life including God. If you struggle with the idea of God because your intellect is getting in the way, Lee's books really change things....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

we5frogs

Child of God held in Jesus' hand
Apr 26, 2005
Allentown. PA
✟1,363.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rather than a 'cure', my experience with my son has been that he learns, one thing at a time, to be able to compensate for some of the challenges that his AS brings on a day to day basis. Folks who meet him today do often say they are not even aware until he tells them that he has any impairment at all, but just think he is unique and a little 'quirky'.

Saying that he is 'cured', however, would deny the fact that he must constantly use these coping skills he has come up with, and negates how hard he works to do what comes naturally for those around him.

A cure, by definition, is a healing, a release from any continued effects of a disease or disorder with which one has been afflicted. It is a restoration to health, with no continuation of the symtoms which brought about the diagnosis.

Since he does not think of himself as either diseased or unhealthy, my son says he does not consider himself 'cured', any more than a person born with a limb missing would be 'cured' by learning to live life successfully without it.

He does want me to be sure to tell you, however, that saying he has not been healed is not the same as saying that he has not been touched by the Lord. He will be the first to tell anyone who will listen that it is the Lord's power that has given him the ability he has to overcome the challenges that AS placed before him. He prayed for it, and Jesus answered.

Reactions: drifter5
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As someone who has AS, I am insulted by the notion that it can be cured. While I believe AS is lifelong, I do not believe it is cureable. Its not like Cancer where there is a cure for it. Rather, it's a chemical imbalance in your brain that makes you have AS....

Upvote 0

TheMissus

It's as easy as you make it.
Jul 27, 2006
Ohio
✟17,439.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As someone who has AS, I am insulted by the notion that it can be cured. While I believe AS is lifelong, I do not believe it is cureable. Its not like Cancer where there is a cure for it. Rather, it's a chemical imbalance in your brain that makes you have AS....

I agree. Besides, a "fix" implies that the person is "broken." It's extremely insulting.

Upvote 0

2scoops

May 19, 2004
Dayton, OH
✟11,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that, and I have never sais anyone was broken. I am posting information about parents who are getting their children back from autism. I even posted a link to a video where a parent got their child back. There was a reason the child had a chemical imbalance in his brain, it was because of his vaccination shot had MERCURY in it. The mercury attached itself to the child's brain, they removed the mercury and now they got their child back. WE live in a toxic environment, and some people suffer as a result of receiving vaccinations, flu shots and any other shot containing mercury. I just wanted to pass on the info bro, not meaning to offend. God bless

Upvote 0

Accepted

Nov 5, 2006
Lewes, Sussex
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a lot of diverse groups that claim this... one treatment or another... yet there is no solid basis for any of these claims. I believe that we may start to be able to help people when the true causes of autism are properly understood. That is not the case at present, though there is a range of interesting and hopeful research in progress. Far to early to claim anything on the basis of that research.

As someone with a scientific background, I'm seen people climb on the bandwagon of all sorts of reseach, only to have their hopes dashed because the research was in its infancy. That is certainly true with autism.

True hope comes from true understanding, which comes (in a scientific sense) when the scientific community has done its work and come to definite conclusions. Currently, there is no consensus view on the causes of autism; the condition remains pervasive.

If the causes cannot be firmly established, it is nonsense to talk of treatment let alone cure.

Of course, I'm very happy for people who have found things that have helped them, and I would not deny their stories, but unless those stories can be fully understood medically, they are not directly helpful to others.

My personal experience is that there is no help for adult High-functioning Autism sufferers (of which I'm one). Without being negative, I have to be realistic and say that the medical community is currently washing its hand of us because it has no effective answers. But then the only thing science can do is serious research which may help future generations.

Upvote 0

TheMissus

It's as easy as you make it.
Jul 27, 2006
Ohio
✟17,439.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that, and I have never sais anyone was broken. I am posting information about parents who are getting their children back from autism. I even posted a link to a video where a parent got their child back. There was a reason the child had a chemical imbalance in his brain, it was because of his vaccination shot had MERCURY in it. The mercury attached itself to the child's brain, they removed the mercury and now they got their child back. WE live in a toxic environment, and some people suffer as a result of receiving vaccinations, flu shots and any other shot containing mercury. I just wanted to pass on the info bro, not meaning to offend. God bless

"Getting children back from autism" also implies that autistics are somehow lost. It's insulting once again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.