Dec 29, 2004
✟173,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This story makes me physically sick. Lord, have mercy!

Pet peeve alert: Gender is for words and sex is for people and animals. To say they wanted to choose the gender of their child is wrong- they wanted to choose the sex of their child.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Sex selection happened a lot in India - girls require a dowry - so they outlawed it. As a consequence ultrasound technicians are now regularly bribed into telling prospective parents the sex of their child. :doh:

Your viewing as a "popshot" but it is not a potshot. All I meant was that she was a bit harder to deal with and a heck of a lot more confused than anybody else on the forum that I've run into so far.

Don't go around calling other people confused, makker. It's not nice.

Upvote 0

SemperFidelis

Mean, angry Traditionalist
Jul 30, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
✟9,082.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
The law that allowed this to happen is a new one and isolated to one state. I hope that the result of this story is that people have a rethink and our abortion laws become a bit more conservative.

Sadly, with the Greens gaining more and more political influence, I can see it getting much worse before it gets better.

Blessings,
:crossrc:
Steve

Upvote 0

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, with the Greens gaining more and more political influence, I can see it getting much worse before it gets better.

Blessings,
:crossrc:
Steve

Maybe. I know there are people who believe in 'an abortion for any reason at any time' who welcomed Victoria's new laws. It's these people who I am hoping are reading this article. Perhaps the legal situation will get worse (I hope not!) but hopefully the hearts of many people will begin to be changed.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

2WhomShallWeGo

May 13, 2010
been in the USA and Canada
✟1,635.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sex selection happened a lot in India - girls require a dowry - so they outlawed it. As a consequence ultrasound technicians are now regularly bribed into telling prospective parents the sex of their child. :doh:

Don't go around calling other people confused, makker. It's not nice.
nope stating that someone is confused is not an insult it's an observation.

Therefore regardless of whether the woman is here or not, it is not a pop shot or any other kind of shot. A thing needs to be a shot before it can be a POP shot.

Upvote 0

2WhomShallWeGo

May 13, 2010
✟1,635.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Maybe. I know there are people who believe in 'an abortion for any reason at any time' who welcomed Victoria's new laws. It's these people who I am hoping are reading this article. Perhaps the legal situation will get worse (I hope not!) but hopefully the hearts of many people will begin to be changed.:crossrc:

At least it might illuminate the issue for some of the more reasonable unreasonable people :D

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Therefore regardless of whether the woman is here or not, it is not a pop shot or any other kind of shot. A thing needs to be a shot before it can be a POP shot.

It's low, trollish behaviour to do so. At least have the guts to say it to her face and if she's not here, just drop the matter, K?

Upvote 0

2WhomShallWeGo

May 13, 2010
✟1,635.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Actually it is an insult because you're statement that their confused means, they are deficient in their understanding of an issue. It's a statement of superiority on your part.

Jim

Upvote 0