Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That would have been clever if it had been deployed in favor of interracial marriage back in the day.

Advocates in favor of homosexual perversion generally treat black people and homosexuals as interchangeable. Certainly nearly every single discussion with them about the nature of marriage always ends in the claim "if you don't think that the government should say that two men can get married, then you must also oppose marriages between blacks and whites, you racist."

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The company took a stand and decided that marriage equality is more important to them than selling ice cream to bigots. That's pretty awesome. I'll make sure to buy a pint of New York Super Fudge Chunk this weekend.
big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

I'm not intolerant of those holding different opinions but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with those opinions or support those opinions.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
There's already blowback over the German branch's decision to support an internet censorship group that's being headed up by a former Stasi member (look up "for a sweeter world"), so it shouldn't be that surprising they're taking heat for other nonsense as well.

Honestly, they're not getting my money at this point.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Ben and Jerry's should stop discriminating against straight people.

sure soon as straight people stop trying to dictate how others can live their lives.
oh and btw that's not discrimination.
you're free to take your aussie dollars (what are those btw i'm imagining it's just the corks they have in their hats) to another icecream parlor.
non-straight people aren't allowed to go to another county and get married.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You went with Google's definition. That's rarely a good choice. Try Merriam-Webster:

Definition of bigot
  1. : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
The key words are 'hatred and intolerance'. One can not agree with the other person's opinion without acting in 'hatred and intolerance.'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

least

To God be the Glory!
Dec 20, 2011
✟13,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I support Ben and Jerry's right to run their business however they want. It's their business. I also support an individuals right to not buy their product. It's how a free market should work.

Who's up for some Blue Bell?

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

least

To God be the Glory!
Dec 20, 2011
✟13,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
ben and jerry's has always been a politically active company.
they've taken stands against or for different things in the past and will most likely continue to do so in the future.
the only thing of any interest in this entire incident is that australia is run by a bunch of backwards misanthropes.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2a :: unwilling to grant or share social, political, or professional rights : bigoted
unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression especially in religious matters

Where is the tolerance with gays to grant equal freedom in religious matters?
That makes them bigots as well, does it not?

When gays deliberately target a Christian photographer and sue them, is that tolerance?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not going to play the "poor, oppressed Christians" game. Christian adults are free to marry other consenting Christian adults. That is their right. Gay adults want the same right to marry other consenting gay adults. Gays don't, by the way, enjoy any religious rights that are exclusive to them. And Christians are certainly free to express all the bigotry that they feel comfortable with. They shouldn't, however, be free to limit the rights of others because "muh holy book".
And gay bigots shouldn't have the right to force conscientious objectors to do their bidding.

Upvote 0