"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It has always been very likely that the yes vote would win. The campaign however has highlighted the issue of constraints on religious freedom as institutions, businesses, & churches will come under pressure to conform with the Left agenda.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have no problem with people liking and choosing alternate things to myself. But institutionalising acceptance of gay union in law is effectively the state directly sanctioning and affirming sin. Also it is a change in the legal definition of marriage to one that does not work and opens up the possibility of all sorts of union which are deeply immoral. Why cannot you marry your cat for instance if that is what you want and you really love your cat. Why cannot you have two wives if you love both of them or two husbands for that matter. By liberalising the definition of marriage we are opening up a can of maggots.
Secular states don't deal with sin. The inappropriate behavior with animals issue has been done to death, and frankly, I see no reason why polygamous marriages shouldn't be available to those that want 'em, though I doubt there would be much uptake.

• Agree
Reactions: Shemjaza
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It has always been very likely that the yes vote would win. The campaign however has highlighted the issue of constraints on religious freedom as institutions, businesses, & churches will come under pressure to conform with the Left agenda.
I.e. "none" Further, it's not matter of "left agenda".

Upvote 0