Attorney Who Was at Storming of Capitol Building Is ‘No Longer Employed’ by Insurance Company

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I applaud this action and suggest that it become the norm for all protesters that are involved in events where violence ensues. Perhaps if protesters know that they will be fired, or even opposed in any way by the authorities, they will not, in future, allow anyone within their ranks to be violent or vandalize property. You know like when MLK was conducting non violent protests in the 60s and totally unlike what we have seen in the last decade or so.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
This is nothing short of outrageous. The guy hasn't been charged with any crime, was at an event on his own time. This is the Twitterization of every single event in our lives, where if someone decides they don't like something they publicize it and get them fired because the employer fears the twitter mob.

For those who will scream about the seditious riot on Wednesday I encourage you to think deeper and more broadly about this issue. It's not about this particular situation, it's about the broad application of cancel culture.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This is nothing short of outrageous. The guy hasn't been charged with any crime, was at an event on his own time. This is the Twitterization of every single event in our lives, where if someone decides they don't like something they publicize it and get them fired because the employer fears the twitter mob.

For those who will scream about the seditious riot on Wednesday I encourage you to think deeper and more broadly about this issue. It's not about this particular situation, it's about the broad application of cancel culture.

I agree entirely. Christian churches need to respond to this by excommunicating the leadership of companies which do this sort of thing, in support of the fraudulent election of pro-choice evildoers. The leadership of any company which gives money or support to a politician or political party that supports abortion, or that gives money or support directly to infanticide providers like Planned Parenthood, needs must be excommunicated.

There was a courageous Roman Catholic bishop who did announce such a policy a while back. I haven’t heard anything more about him lately, but I hope he is holding fast to that policy. Bishops and pastors need to be as ferocious as lions both in defending their flock and defending the lives of the unborn.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is nothing short of outrageous. The guy hasn't been charged with any crime, was at an event on his own time...

Employees, especially the more prominent ones, can become the face of a company. What they do publicly can create ill will for the company. As a former not-for-profit CEO more than once I had to deal with public outrage over what an employee posted on social media. If you adversely affect my business, you don't have a job. Bye.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Employees, especially the more prominent ones, can become the face of a company. What they do publicly can create ill will for the company. As a former not-for-profit CEO more than once I had to deal with public outrage over what an employee posted on social media. If you adversely affect my business, you don't have a job. Bye.
That's the problem though, allowing the Twitter mob to affect companh policy.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That's the problem though, allowing the Twitter mob to affect companh policy.

The same would apply to people laying siege to the capitol. If it was my employee and I started to get "How dare you employ..." phone calls, the employee would be looking for another job. I couldn't afford the loss of public image of my company.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The same would apply to people laying siege to the capitol. If it was my employee and I started to get "How dare you employ..." phone calls, the employee would be looking for another job. I couldn't afford the loss of public image of my company.
The problem though is you're giving out moded power to Twitter and its mob. 95% of Americans either aren't on Twitter or check it less than once a month. It's a fake space that no one should be taking seriously and yet people get fired because the mob on there demands it. It's completely gutless.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The problem though is you're giving out moded power to Twitter and its mob. 95% of Americans either aren't on Twitter or check it less than once a month..

If your business profitability is affected by someone acting a fool whether on Twitter, Facebook, in the Rotunda, or on the Capitol Terrace, you have a choice. You can say it shouldn't matter because they are on their own time or you can try to save your business. Easy choice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
https://lawandcrime.com/2020-electi...ding-no-longer-employed-by-insurance-company/

Thoughts are on the possible ramifications for Trump supporters involved in storming the Capitol Building on Wednesday have been expressed at length. Now an insurance company has announced that they no longer employ an attorney who was at the scene.

tulc(thought this was interesting)

Oh, I'm so relieved!

Why, if we didn't have people out there stamping out our rights to freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and freedom of association, where would we be then??? :eek:

H and S.jpg

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I agree entirely. Christian churches need to respond to this by excommunicating the leadership of companies which do this sort of thing, in support of the fraudulent election of pro-choice evildoers. The leadership of any company which gives money or support to a politician or political party that supports abortion, or that gives money or support directly to infanticide providers like Planned Parenthood, needs must be excommunicated.

There was a courageous Roman Catholic bishop who did announce such a policy a while back. I haven’t heard anything more about him lately, but I hope he is holding fast to that policy. Bishops and pastors need to be as ferocious as lions both in defending their flock and defending the lives of the unborn.

Oh now we want Churches get involve sheltering terrorist. Great , Islamic terrorist get shelter in Mosque , why not Christian terrorist get shelter in Church.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,147.00
Faith
Christian
This is nothing short of outrageous. The guy hasn't been charged with any crime, was at an event on his own time.

There's a difference between someone simply being at a protest and someone posting that they just got teargassed by police after trying to storm the parliament.

I have a big problem with someone being fired for the former (and in many countries it would be illegal), but zero problem with the latter.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm hoping this is an example Poe's Law.

First, Texas is not a "right to work" state. In Texas, an employee can be fired immediately for anything at the employer's whim of the moment except the specific classifications identified in the Civil Rights Act...which does not protect political activities, btw.

Second, employers have always fired employees who acted outside the best public interest of the company. Fifty years ago, an employee that embarrassed the public image of his employer got fired, just like today.

And have you ever seen the rules laid down for a schoolteacher a hundred years ago?

Rules for Teachers – 1915

1. You will not marry during the term of your contract.
2. You are not to keep company with men.
3. You must be home between the hours of 8 PM and 6 AM unless attending a school function.
4. You may not loiter downtown in ice cream stores.
5. You may not travel beyond the city limits unless you have the permission of the chairman of the board.
6. You may not ride in a carriage or automobile with any man except your father or brother.
7. You may not smoke cigarettes.
8. You may not dress in bright colors.
9. You may under no circumstances dye your hair.
10. You must wear at least two petticoats.
11. Your dresses may not be any shorter than two inches above the ankles.
12. To keep the classroom neat and clean you must sweep the floor at least once a day, scrub the floor at least once a week with hot, soapy water, clean the blackboards at least once a day, and start the fire at 7 AM to have the school warm by 8 AM.

Rules for Teachers in 1872 & 1915: No Drinking, Smoking, or Trips to Barber Shops and Ice Cream Parlors | Open Culture

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It just goes to show how much better the left is at this. All of their rioters and insurrectionists wear masks so they can't be identified. Those morons at the capital should have learned from them. Wear black and wear masks and you are good to go!

Many of them did wear masks. Like this commando-dressed guy, who is also carrying a handful of heavy-duty zip ties...commonly used to restrain hostages. Thankfully, he didn't locate any.

92713972fd98441eaa41aaeaca92d12c_md.jpg

Capitol Rioters with Zip Ties Suggest Plan to Take Hostages

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I'm hoping this is an example Poe's Law.

First, Texas is not a "right to work" state. In Texas, an employee can be fired immediately for anything at the employer's whim of the moment except the specific classifications identified in the Civil Rights Act...which does not protect political activities, btw.

Second, employers have always fired employees who acted outside the best public interest of the company. Fifty years ago, an employee that embarrassed the public image of his employer got fired, just like today.

And have you ever seen the rules laid down for a schoolteacher a hundred years ago?

Rules for Teachers – 1915

1. You will not marry during the term of your contract.
2. You are not to keep company with men.
3. You must be home between the hours of 8 PM and 6 AM unless attending a school function.
4. You may not loiter downtown in ice cream stores.
5. You may not travel beyond the city limits unless you have the permission of the chairman of the board.
6. You may not ride in a carriage or automobile with any man except your father or brother.
7. You may not smoke cigarettes.
8. You may not dress in bright colors.
9. You may under no circumstances dye your hair.
10. You must wear at least two petticoats.
11. Your dresses may not be any shorter than two inches above the ankles.
12. To keep the classroom neat and clean you must sweep the floor at least once a day, scrub the floor at least once a week with hot, soapy water, clean the blackboards at least once a day, and start the fire at 7 AM to have the school warm by 8 AM.

Rules for Teachers in 1872 & 1915: No Drinking, Smoking, or Trips to Barber Shops and Ice Cream Parlors | Open Culture
Actually Texas is a "right to work" state as that phrase references the right to work without joining a union. Otherwise, I agree an employer can fire for basically any reason. That's not the point here though. It's not a matter of whether they can it’s a matter of whether they should. I'm arguing business should have the guts to ignore Twitter mobs.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually Texas is a "right to work" state as that phrase references the right to work without joining a union. Otherwise, I agree an employer can fire for basically any reason. That's not the point here though. It's not a matter of whether they can it’s a matter of whether they should. I'm arguing business should have the guts to ignore Twitter mobs.

That wasn't a "Twitter mob" that invaded the Capitol building. We're talking about a company taking umbrage at an employee's specific action in public.

Let me show you the difference: Actress Gina Cararo has been coming under fire on Twitter for several months because she refuses to kneel to the LGBT community and identify her "preferred pronouns" in her posts. They have been demanding Disney (which generally champions the LGBT community) fire her from her current role on Disney's The Mandelorian.

Now, Cararo has not actually done anything in particular against the LGBT community, and she certainly hasn't broken any laws (and, yes, being beyond the barricade line at the Capitol, being in a location where the police have told you to vacate is breaking the law).

Firing her for essentially doing nothing is far different from firing a lawyer for being unlawfully on Capitol grounds.

• Informative
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If your business profitability is affected by someone acting a fool whether on Twitter, Facebook, in the Rotunda, or on the Capitol Terrace, you have a choice. You can say it shouldn't matter because they are on their own time or you can try to save your business. Easy choice.
You must not have union employees.

Upvote 0