OrdinaryClay

Berean
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,498.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Postulating a supernatural explanation for a physical phenomenon in the absence of scientific understanding is called the "God-of-the-Gaps" argument and is considered a fallacy in formal logic.
There is no fallacy in formal logic called "God-of-the-Gaps". You are making things up.

I'm annoyed because you claim the existence of proof and don't bother to cite any of it.
I never referred to anything as proof of anything. So I'm not sure what you think should be backed by citations. Please clarify.

And no, I am not an atheist. Why does everyone who thinks God works through purely physical mechanisms without directly interfering is an atheist?
I did not assume anything. I asked because I was referring to annoying atheists in my OP, and then you directly quoted that and said you would be annoyed. I was just asking.

Upvote 0

catzrfluffy

i come bearing .gifs
Sep 4, 2009
palisades park
✟22,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
what if a light is also oncoming from the opposite direction? To insist that this light, as well, is running at its usual speed (even relative to the moving observer), we'd have to say that time, for him, is slowing down.

Contradiction: Time is slowing down while speeding up.
Time in front of the observer (assuming he is travelling forwards at the speed of light) would appear to be speeding up, the time behind the observer would appear to stop. (Or if he is travelling slower than the speed of light, time behind him would appear to slow down.)
Time wouldn't actually stop, speed up or slow down, it would just appear to, to the eye of the observer.
Postulating a supernatural explanation for a physical phenomenon in the absence of scientific understanding is called the "God-of-the-Gaps" argument and is considered a fallacy in formal logic.
Why does everyone who thinks God works through purely physical mechanisms without directly interfering is an atheist?
But if God walked the earth in the time of Jesus, and appeared to Moses before then on Mount Sinai, why couldn't God also walk the earth at the beginning of Creation? Couldn't He also perform miracles on earth at that time too?

Upvote 0