Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The fact that you seem to think that moral relativism is the same thing as denying scientific facts (such as gravity and the boiling point of water) just goes to show how little you actually know about moral relativism. Read up on it and then talk to me:

Moral relativism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Your funny! I asked by who's authority do take absolute truth from.... ? When you haven't done them yourself......Contradiction's and self reflection can defeat a-lot of your defeater beliefs! Can you understand a book without knowing the introduction or the author? Where did morality come from? Can you explain morality without God? Whatever equals pluralism!

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Your funny! I asked by who's authority do take absolute truth from.... ? When you haven't done them yourself......Contradiction's and self reflection can defeat a-lot of your defeater beliefs! Can you understand a book without knowing the introduction or the author? Where did morality come from? Can you explain morality without God? Whatever equals pluralism!
Morality is a social construct, so yes, I can explain it without God.

And there is no absolute moral truth, in my opinion. This doesn't mean that I don't believe in scientific truths or mathematical truths. I absolutely do believe in those kinds of absolute truths. I just don't believe in an absolute moral truth.

And yes, you can understand a book without knowing the introduction or the author. I don't automatically research the author of every book I read before I start reading the book, and I hardly ever read the introductions of books, so I can tell you for a fact that it's completely possible to understand a book without knowing the introduction or the author.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Morality is a social construct, so yes, I can explain it without God.

And there is no absolute moral truth, in my opinion. This doesn't mean that I don't believe in scientific truths or mathematical truths. I absolutely do believe in those kinds of absolute truths. I just don't believe in an absolute moral truth.

And yes, you can understand a book without knowing the introduction or the author. I don't automatically research the author of every book I read before I start reading the book, and I hardly ever read the introductions of books, so I can tell you for a fact that it's completely possible to understand a book without knowing the introduction or the author.
What is even more funny is you pick and chose your truth! Do you believe your right? You tell me there's no truth then what am I to believe?

Intent is prior to content!
The real war is the means to the end!

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What is even more funny is you pick and chose your truth! Do you believe your right? You tell me there's no truth then what am I to believe?

Intent is prior to content!
The real war is the means to the end!
How exactly do I "pick and choose my truth"?

I'm pretty sure I'm right, though I do realize there's a chance that I could be wrong, either about moral relativism or about any of my other beliefs.

And you can believe whatever you want, in terms of morals.

And what do you mean by "Intent is prior to content! The real war is the means to the end!"?

Upvote 0

jrdbrbr

I'm not as smart as I will be tomorrow.
Nov 22, 2009
✟15,115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"In the infinite amount of time that the nothingness existed..."

This initial statement contradicts itself. If there was truly NOTHING, then there wouldn't be time. Also, time and space must alway go together. When God created the earth, there must be a WHERE did he create it and WHEN did he create it. The two are inseparable.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How exactly do I "pick and choose my truth"?

I'm pretty sure I'm right, though I do realize there's a chance that I could be wrong, either about moral relativism or about any of my other beliefs.

And you can believe whatever you want, in terms of morals.

And what do you mean by "Intent is prior to content! The real war is the means to the end!"?
Regarding to books, intent is prior to content and the real war in morality is the means to the ends! And you have to know origin, before meaning and morality to know your purpose!

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Regarding to books, intent is prior to content and the real war in morality is the means to the ends! And you have to know origin, before meaning and morality to know your purpose!
Intent isn't prior to content in my mind.

And I still don't understand what you mean about the war in morality, sorry. :o

Upvote 0
T

tanzanos

O.K. here is a complex image of God. Us trying to understand and explain God..... Ocean: If you would go to the ocean and 5 miles before you see it. you smell the the salt in the air and may even feel the mist upon your face that is, to resemble the Holy Spirit. Now, you walk up to the shore and you see the waves coming in and crashing down on the shore, this is to resemble Jesus Christ and stepping back looking at the whole thing is to emulate God!

Do see or understand my thoughts?
With proper instruments one can measure the air and ground, and deduct with certainty that an ocean is nearby. You cannot do that with mythical beings!:wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.