Atheist Professor in Speech at Georgetown says it's okay to attack Christians verbally not Muslims.

ecco

Poster
Sep 4, 2015
Florida
✟5,011.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
...These types of statements cause more harm than good because they can easily be misinterpreted. Unless you are clear on what you mean then they can be easily taken the wrong way and not clarifying them is in some ways provoking things.

I posed a question to the OP:

If this had been the story...
A Protestant Minister said Tuesday that it’s acceptable to criticize Catholics but not Muslims, because he does not “fear” retaliation from Catholics.
...would you have even posted it? Would you have questioned the Protestant Minister's morals?​

He hasn't responded. In fact, it seems he has abandoned the thread.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, this is moral.

Contrary to what you might think this article nor this professor said that it is ok to give Islam a free pass for the points where they could validly be critizised by atheists (or anyone else). It just states that atheists don't do that (and that needs to be relevated... atheists do critizise Islam, and many pay the ultimate price for it) in the same number or way they do with Christianity.

Is it immoral to value the safety of your family and yourself?

I suppose the recourse for Christians is to be much more violent in response to criticism .Then those not criticizing Christians because of fear would be very moral indeed and there would now be a surplus of fear driven morality and Christians would be the cause of an increase in morality. Now we also have an answer for why God sends people to hell . He is causing them to be moral as fear seems to be called here a reasonable weapon in making others react morally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
I posed a question to the OP:

If this had been the story...
A Protestant Minister said Tuesday that it’s acceptable to criticize Catholics but not Muslims, because he does not “fear” retaliation from Catholics.
...would you have even posted it? Would you have questioned the Protestant Minister's morals?​

He hasn't responded. In fact, it seems he has abandoned the thread.

If the Minister criticizes catholics, and does not do the same to Muslims, then yes.

Merely pointing out that it is okay to criticizes catholics, and not Muslim, is different than actually doing that.
The atheist in question actually criticizes Christians, and not Muslim due to the fear of violence.

If this Minister, criticizes for Christians for somethings but does not do the same for Muslims, then that is a immoral act.

FYI, even if you managed to show hypocrisy on my part, it is irrelevant to the topic.

Upvote 0

ecco

Poster
Sep 4, 2015
Florida
✟5,011.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If the Minister criticizes catholics, and does not do the same to Muslims, then yes.

Merely pointing out that it is okay to criticizes catholics, and not Muslim, is different than actually doing that.
The atheist in question actually criticizes Christians, and not Muslim due to the fear of violence.

If this Minister, criticizes for Christians for somethings but does not do the same for Muslims, then that is a immoral act.

FYI, even if you managed to show hypocrisy on my part, it is irrelevant to the topic.

The topic is morals, so yes it is relevant.
You say his cowardice is immoral but your hypocrisy is not. Hypocrisy and using double standards are immoral. That makes you immoral. Whatever happened to your "objective" moral standards? Do they apply only when it is convenient?

Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
The same applies to the OP, btw.
Even if you managed to show hypocrisy - it wouldn´t invalidate or relativate the criticism of Christianity.

My argument is that there exists hypocrisy, it isn't that the criticisms of Christianity needs to be invalidate.

Hypocrisy is relevant, if my argument is that there exists hypocrisy.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
My argument is that there exists hypocrisy, it isn't that the criticisms of Christianity needs to be invalidate.

Hypocrisy is relevant, if my argument is that there exists hypocrisy.
So if he managed to show hypocrisy on your part, it was relevant to the question whether there´s hypocrisy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
So if he managed to show hypocrisy on your part, it was relevant to the question whether there´s hypocrisy.

My hypocrisy is irrelevant to the question of whether John is a hypocrite. This question addressed at the hypocrisy of a particular man.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
My hypocrisy is irrelevant to the question of whether John is a hypocrite. This question addressed at the hypocrisy of a particular man.
He criticized a particular religion. So the question whether he is a hypocriete is irrelevant to his criticism.

Upvote 0