May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
In the end, this position has been taken to task as being self-deflating since it has to somewhat upend various analytic usages of language (like those from a 'Prescriptive' moral assertion) in order to make its own assertions about the meaning of moral statements and their associated actions.
Sort of like the argument I'm having right now in the other thread that us moral subjectivists shouldn't use "right and wrong" but rather should use "like and dislike"?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When was the last time you had someone else decide YOUR morality?

Oh, I don't know. Just the day before yesterday, maybe? My wife told me, "You won't talk to me like that!"

And I said, "oh.....ok, Honey!" :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sort of like the argument I'm having right now in the other thread that us moral subjectivists shouldn't use "right and wrong" but rather should use "like and dislike"?

Kind of like that, with "should" being the key word, of course. ;)

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,273.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I don't know. Just the day before yesterday, maybe? My wife told me, "You won't talk to me like that!"

And I said, "oh.....ok, Honey!" :rolleyes:

And form that moment on, you were utterly convinced that it was morally wrong to talk to your wife like that, and you never even had the slightest urge to do it again, right?

Upvote 0