At what age did you first get married?

At what age did you first get married?

• I got married as a teenager.

• I got married between 20-25 years old.

• Between 26-30 years old.

• Between 31-35 years old.

• Between 36-40 years old.

• Between 41-45 years old.

• Between 46-50 years old.

• Between 51-55 years old.

• Between 56-60.

• At age 61 or above.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Macx

Aug 7, 2007
Twin Cities, Whittier-hood
✟7,657.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just 24, she was about to turn 25, it was during that part of the year that we were the same age. We were married 7 years. She cheated with a man in his late 40's.

Second marriage is much better to a woman never married in her mid 30's.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 22, 2010
✟7,691.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I was 21 just a few weeks shy of 22. I am about one month from being 23 now but I usually give people the date of how long we've been dating for how long we have been married because at that point when he kissed me for the first time after we had been head over heels for each other for a year, I considered him my husband in heart and soul and knew only death would part us and I stayed true to that vow and will remain so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This poll skews surprisingly young. The general public seems to be getting married later these days. I got married at 23, and most of my friends married much later (or not yet). I'm also surprised at how few of them are still waiting on kids, while I'm less than a year away from having a teenager. :eek:

Upvote 0

pentecostalgirl0414

Soon to be mommy of 2!!
Jan 28, 2005
Wahiawa, HI
✟21,780.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I got married when I was 19 my husband was 18. We where best friends for about 6 years and dated for 4 years. We met at church and have been together ever since. The Lord has blessed us in so many ways. We are expecting our first child now!! God is so good!

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Ok so right now 35 seems to be the cut off point for first marriages.... hmm.
My husband was a few months shy of 38 when he married me.

In real life I hardly know any people who got married under 25, and only one person born after 1945 who was not yet 25 (24 to be precise) when she got married. Most people over here get married (for the first or only time) in their late twenties (28+) to mid thirties.

It's not even so much a "these days" thing - in my region the most common age to get married has been in the 25-30 range for a couple of centuries, especially in agricultural circles.

Upvote 0