At some point, all of us must repent of this...

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟40,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agreed with most Christians agree that we should repent from our sins and shortcoming but I never included repenting of my own righteousness. When I "bought" the eyesalve from Christ I soon saw that my own righteousness, unless repented of, would hinder my entrance into the Kingdom of God because I could not enter the Kingdom of God on the merits of my own righteousness. Furthermore, I could not enter The Kingdom of God trying to mix Christ's righteousness and my own at any ratio.

My righteousness is like filthy menstrual rags. Throw something like that in a basket of fresh laundry and you will redo the entire load. Likewise, my righteousness is so offensive to God He likened it to that filthy icon. I will only get into the Kingdom on Christ's righteousness alone. Behold it and it will transform me.

If you spend any time with people concerned with their own righteousness, you will not find pleasant people. Our righteousness hardens us and turns us into the soil of the hardened path. No weeds, but also no plants; no fruit. Yet, even God can reach those if they have something in them that responds to God.

We often love to argue doctrines like old Pharisees sitting at the gates of the city, each of us imagining we have the best doctrine and the most correct moral compass. But the best doctrine and moral compass is the indwelling of Christ alone as commander and Lord of our hearts and souls. Can our hearts be cleaned by observing moral precepts? Or are moral precepts kept by cleansed hearts?

May God Bless All Who Seek Him.

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agreed with most Christians agree that we should repent from our sins and shortcoming but I never included repenting of my own righteousness. When I "bought" the eyesalve from Christ I soon saw that my own righteousness, unless repented of, would hinder my entrance into the Kingdom of God because I could not enter the Kingdom of God on the merits of my own righteousness. Furthermore, I could not enter The Kingdom of God trying to mix Christ's righteousness and my own at any ratio.

My righteousness is like filthy menstrual rags. Throw something like that in a basket of fresh laundry and you will redo the entire load. Likewise, my righteousness is so offensive to God He likened it to that filthy icon. I will only get into the Kingdom on Christ's righteousness alone. Behold it and it will transform me.

If you spend any time with people concerned with their own righteousness, you will not find pleasant people. Our righteousness hardens us and turns us into the soil of the hardened path. No weeds, but also no plants; no fruit. Yet, even God can reach those if they have something in them that responds to God.

We often love to argue doctrines like old Pharisees sitting at the gates of the city, each of us imagining we have the best doctrine and the most correct moral compass. But the best doctrine and moral compass is the indwelling of Christ alone as commander and Lord of our hearts and souls. Can our hearts be cleaned by observing moral precepts? Or are moral precepts kept by cleansed hearts?

Its not your righteousness that prevents you entering heaven, its your sin that does that.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

For clarity, are you speaking of " self" righteousness? This is a sin however we should strive for righteousness so that we can express it through righteous behavior.
Blessings

• Righteousness is a state of being in right standing with God. It is a quality of God, and it is something that humans should strive to emulate.
  • Righteous behavior is the outward expression of righteousness. It is the way we live our lives in a way that is pleasing to God and that reflects his character.

Reactions: CoreyD
Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟40,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For clarity, are you speaking of " self" righteousness? This is a sin however we should strive for righteousness so that we can express it through righteous behavior.
Blessings

• Righteousness is a state of being in right standing with God. It is a quality of God, and it is something that humans should strive to emulate.
  • Righteous behavior is the outward expression of righteousness. It is the way we live our lives in a way that is pleasing to God and that reflects his character.
Not mine but Christ’s.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,233.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Example of righteousness,
Ezekiel 18:5-9

When all else fails follow the insructions.

Thought, speech and deeds are the garments of the soul,

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟40,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Example of righteousness,
Ezekiel 18:5-9

When all else fails follow the insructions.

Thought, speech and deeds are the garments of the soul,
For me, Christ’s righteousness is the garment of my soul and the only garment that will keep me stain free.

Upvote 0