✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
LAST WARNING!
Guys, pages back I asked that you remember the tragedy and you can discuss it, but please keep the flames out of it and no insults.
The thread will be closed if it happens again.
Lion.jpg

Upvote 0

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stupidity knows no bounds. We're not at war with young white boys, and young white boys make up a vast majority of Americans, and especially the military. Muslims are an extremely small minority, yet their attacks and attempted attacks may have a much higher ratio to population than young white boys. I'm not sure, I haven't looked at the numbers, wouldn't even know where to look.

You're also not at war with Muslim members of the US Military... As I understand it there is a very long history of members of the military killing other military members.

I'm finding it very hard to search for anything relevant at the moment (all Foot Hood results) but I believe I read that only one of quite a lot of incidents in the last 8 years were by Muslim soldiers. I also recall one incident in Iraq where an Iraqi contractor carried out an attack.

But lets not pretend all muslims are cute and cuddlely when there is a significant epidemic of violence among their population.

Islam is the religion of around a billion people - while there are certainly violent factions and movements it's stretching a bit to call it a 'significant epidemic'. Let's not pretend all muslims are ugly violent monsters. Or maybe let's, if that's easier.

This isn't the first time a muslim member of the military has killed fellow servicemen.

No, but it's also very far from the first time a member of the military has killed fellow servicemen.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Stupidity knows no bounds. We're not at war with young white boys, and young white boys make up a vast majority of Americans, and especially the military. Muslims are an extremely small minority, yet their attacks and attempted attacks may have a much higher ratio to population than young white boys. I'm not sure, I haven't looked at the numbers, wouldn't even know where to look.

But lets not pretend all muslims are cute and cuddlely when there is a significant epidemic of violence among their population.

So you're equating race with a religion correct? Wrong. Not all Arabs are Muslim, nor are all Muslims Arab or from the Middle East. There are twice as many Muslims in China than Saudi Arabia. Indonesia has the largest Muslim populaton in the world. Between China, Indonesia and Malaysia, the Asian continent has more Muslims than the rest of the world combined.

I'm a white male, who converted to Islam. I have served my country with honor for over 12 years now. So you're saying I should be kicked out of the military, because of my faith?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
So you're equating race with a religion correct? Wrong. Not all Arabs are Muslim, nor are all Muslims Arab or from the Middle East. There are twice as many Muslims in China than Saudi Arabia. Indonesia has the largest Muslim populaton in the world. Between China, Indonesia and Malaysia, the Asian continent has more Muslims than the rest of the world combined.

I'm a white male, who converted to Islam. I have served my country with honor for over 12 years now. So you're saying I should be kicked out of the military, because of my faith?

The fact remains, when the final choice comes, which side will you choose!

The enemy is within our mist, we're told by the powers to be to ignore it, even though history, current events and attutudes point to the goals.

now you'll have a go at me for saying such things, however, you lot ignore your "brothers" saying far worse.

Do you think they'd let some convert to Christianity in the Armies of most Islamic nations?

Theres an unavoidable things thats going to happen one day.

I myself wont take up the weapons to fight though, thats the mistake alot will make.

the way converts to Christianity are treated, i dont know why we give you hypocrites the time of day!

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the way converts to Christianity are treated, i dont know why we give you hypocrites the time of day!

ever heard of the crusades. You know those killing sprees sacntioned by christianity.
ever heard of the christian belief that all epileptics should be locked up because they are demon possessed?

As a christian myself let me say remember we don't have a good track record.
In any case the bible tells us not to judge unbelievers actions by our standards rather only judge christians by christian standards. So it doesn't matter what they do in other countries. If the US wants to call itself a christian country which it does and many here on CF like to say it is then we have every right to judge it according to christian standards.

Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

ever heard of the crusades. You know those killing sprees sacntioned by christianity.
ever heard of the christian belief that all epileptics should be locked up because they are demon possessed?

The Crusades were a just war at the time-we were trying to get the Holy Land back. Regardless, the bottom line is Christians have modernized and not engaged in barbaric practices a la Islam at this time. Most of the bloodshed in the world today is perpetrated by adherents of the religion of peace.
You don't see Christians killing innocent people in the name of Jesus.
Christians do not believe they will be rewarded by killing the infidels.

In any case the bible tells us not to judge unbelievers actions by our standards rather only judge christians by christian standards. So it doesn't matter what they do in other countries. If the US wants to call itself a christian country which it does and many here on CF like to say it is then we have every right to judge it according to christian standards.

There have been enough incidents in the military regarding violent acts from Muslims that they could really segregate Muslims into their own special units and not send them into areas where they would be fighting other Muslims.

Upvote 0
Aug 24, 2008
✟18,742.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
The Crusades were a just war at the time-we were trying to get the Holy Land back.

How did that make it just?

Regardless, the bottom line is Christians have modernized and not engaged in barbaric practices a la Islam at this time.

Apart from certain fringe groups that do still engage in those practices.

Most of the bloodshed in the world today is perpetrated by adherents of the religion of peace.

You have proof of that?

You don't see Christians killing innocent people in the name of Jesus.
Christians do not believe they will be rewarded by killing the infidels.

Christian terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You just can't make these kinds of generalisations.

There have been enough incidents in the military regarding violent acts from Muslims that they could really segregate Muslims into their own special units and not send them into areas where they would be fighting other Muslims.

How many incidents have there been? Out of how many incidents in total?

Upvote 0

Nooj

Senior Veteran
Jan 9, 2005
Sydney
✟19,215.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
AU-Greens
The Crusades were a just war at the time-we were trying to get the Holy Land back.
'We'? I wasn't aware that 'we' existed a thousand years ago.

And the Crusades weren't a just war, they were a holy war. A big difference, because spiritual benefits were attached to the act of killing the non-believers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
And the Crusades weren't a just war, they were a holy war. A big difference, because spiritual benefits were attached to the act of killing the non-believers.

The Christians during the Crusades killed indiscriminately. They killed Christian, Jew and Muslim alike. They raped and killed women and children as well.

Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

'We'? I wasn't aware that 'we' existed a thousand years ago.

Really can't change what happened in the past. What matters now is the current and the future. There have been numerous attacks on fellow soldiers by Muslim soldiers and all were killed in the name of their god.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The Christians during the Crusades killed indiscriminately. They killed Christian, Jew and Muslim alike. They raped and killed women and children as well.

The most violent "Christian wars", namely the Crusades and reconquestor, only materialised and became a backlash to your conquests!, also, they never tried to invade and take Mecca and medina, just "take back" Christian lands which were conquered.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Oh and Crusades and locking up demon possesed people is still happening today is it?

So we cant challange the way Christians are treated in other lands because of historical events.

you're justifying current, modern events, due to past evens usually over 300 years ago?

this is why muslims never have to change their nations or civil rights, because the rest of the world makes excuses for them and constantly brings up past history years old, trying to bring the blame around to us.

its attitudes like this that let muslims act like blatent hypocrites in the modern world

Upvote 0