Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Can you explain how the water cycle "violates" the 2nd law? The 2nd law states that all of the water should "lose all of its potential" and yet water keeps getting to the tops of those mountains. How does that happen? Why doesn't the water stay at the lowest elevations like the 2nd law says it should?
Superman drinks water and can fly because of the power of the sun so Super-water-creature doesn't violate the second law. Also Scotty beam aboard on the Enterprise whales and a butch of water to take back to the future. The sun can also send the Enterprise back in time.

Upvote 0

And-U-Say

Veteran
Oct 11, 2004
California
✟19,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Hey, I'm going to bed. I don't have time for this, and I won't argue with lots of antichrist's.

Enjoy believing whatever you want.

Goodbye, I won't go back to this subforum.

Just lol.

Goodbye everyone!!!

Gee, I thought the bible said there would only be one anti-christ. But you say there will be many. And right here on this forum, too. Amazing! If I am the anti-christ, do I get to have all the stuff that goes along with it? Money, power, fame, babes? It's the total package or nothing, Chuckles.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
To others, I just tried to defend God , armed with some poor facts against Evolution, but I know it isn't true.
You know the facts aren't true, or evolution isn't true?

Maybe I am not intelligent as you are well educated here.
Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. People here are happy to discuss ideas in a civilised manner, but no one, Creationist or evolutionist, Christian or atheist, appreciates a hostile tone.

But GOD IS MOST CLEVER BEING.And if He says that He created the World, I will trust Him!!!!! :)
He may well have done. But, there's no guarantee he did it according to a literal interpretation of a modern English rendition of ancient Hebrew mythology. Maybe he did, in fact, use evolution as the mechanism for creating humans.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Claiming evolution theory violates the second law of thermodynamics is like trying to claim Scotty beaming people up on the Enterprise violates the second law. Evolution is just like Superman, it gets it's power from the sun.
In an oblique way, but yes, ultimately it does.

Superman drinks water and can fly because of the power of the sun so Super-water-creature doesn't violate the second law. Also Scotty beam aboard on the Enterprise whales and a butch of water to take back to the future. The sun can also send the Enterprise back in time.
Ah, but their main source of energy was matter-antimatter reactions in a mediated by dilithium (being porous to antimatter under high thermal and EM pressure). The Sun was just a conveniently large mass to help warp spacetime and make the jump to 1986.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Gee, I thought the bible said there would only be one anti-christ. But you say there will be many. And right here on this forum, too. Amazing! If I am the anti-christ, do I get to have all the stuff that goes along with it? Money, power, fame, babes? It's the total package or nothing, Chuckles.

I got a total babe, so maybe it's working slowly ^_^

Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm still trying to figure out the intent of the OP:
"Astronomy: Evolution is false!"

I hardly know where to begin with this odd juxtaposition of words. Would the original poster like to explain it for us? Some sort of nihilist protest? Performance art perhaps? A statement about the special nature of creation-evolution forums in that no matter how absurd the initial OP, the debate continues regardless of whether or not the OP makes any kind of sense?

(I'm considering a thread of my own: "Ceramics: Calculus is false!" )

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm still trying to figure out the intent of the OP:
"Astronomy: Evolution is false!"

I hardly know where to begin with this odd juxtaposition of words. Would the original poster like to explain it for us? Some sort of nihilist protest? Performance art perhaps? A statement about the special nature of creation-evolution forums in that no matter how absurd the initial OP, the debate continues regardless of whether or not the OP makes any kind of sense?

(I'm considering a thread of my own: "Ceramics: Calculus is false!" )

I'm considering starting a discourse on the "Whichness of What"!:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beccs

Jan 11, 2007
✟15,401.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why Christianity is real:

-Evolution is logically impossible because nothing good can be caused by explosions.If I would put a dynamite in a car, would there be many small car-toys? No, it will blow into pieces.

-And if the Big Bang, the planet or star, whatever, exploded, all planets would have a similar look and materials as it. If it exploded, then how water came? It spawned? Or something? The Sun, has more then 90% hydrogen and helium, while the Earth has less then 1%. If it all comes from the same thing, then it would be similar, but it isn't.

-The evolution is just a theory, but in the Bible we read that Christianity is real.It's just a thinking of a single man.

-The evolution theory violates the second law of Thermodynamics, which states "Things are getting older, loosing their potential over time". But in evolution, species mutate to better species, which VIOLATES, IT, while in the Bible we read that Earth will be destroyed, which confirms it.

-From where Big Bang came? What created it? Something must create something, but in evolution, it is beyond belief...

So, basically, your main arguments against evolutionary theory and the Big Bang theory is complete ignorance of both of these intriguing scientific disciplines and repeating discredited and disproved statements from creationists?

Right!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Beccs

Jan 11, 2007
✟15,401.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God is real.

Please stop with your empty words and .....okay okay anyway God is real :)

What could you loose from being a Christian? Nothing. What can you loose from being an atheist? Everything.

I'm off. See ya [maybe].

And then Pascal's Failure arrives. What next, the watchmaker fallacy?

Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
-The evolution theory violates the second law of Thermodynamics, which states "Things are getting older, loosing their potential over time".

Even by creationist standards, this is probably the WORST explanation of the 2nd LOT of I've ever seen.

And as I look at the entire OP, I'm not entirely sure that it is anything but a parody of the very worst of the science-free rants of some Young Earth Creationist leaders. So are you going to comment further on your OP?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even by creationist standards, this is probably the WORST explanation of the 2nd LOT of I've ever seen.

And as I look at the entire OP, I'm not entirely sure that it is anything but a parody of the very worst of the science-free rants of some Young Earth Creationist leaders. So are you going to comment further on your OP?

I was thinking the same thing..While I was reading the OP,all I could do was:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:,and think,"THIS is one of the major reasons why so many people laugh at others who believe in God".
I fear we are the victims of a drive-by.;)

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why Christianity is real:
Good luck with that.

-Evolution is logically impossible because nothing good can be caused by explosions.
Really? I'm sure miners would disagree with you. They use explosions in quite a good way. Do you have a car? Your internal combustion engine runs on controlled explosions. Everytime the sparkplug sparks guess what happens? An explosion in the chamber drives the piston and that causes your car to move. Or, if you really want to get picky you wouldn't be here if it weren't for some pretty traumatic explosions. The very first suns went through their lives and in doing so created the heavier elements. Now we have Iron and all the rest. They were scattered around the universe because of supernovas. More "good" explosions.

Oh, and evolution is simply the explanation for how we got all these different species here on earth. It has NOTHING to do with stars or anything else.

If I would put a dynamite in a car, would there be many small car-toys? No, it will blow into pieces.
Sigh...

-And if the Big Bang, the planet or star, whatever, exploded, all planets would have a similar look and materials as it. If it exploded, then how water came? It spawned? Or something? The Sun, has more then 90% hydrogen and helium, while the Earth has less then 1%. If it all comes from the same thing, then it would be similar, but it isn't.
That's simply not accurate. It's not even remotely close to accurate. There are so many factors that come into play. Planets close to a star can't be gas giants.

-The evolution is just a theory, but in the Bible we read that Christianity is real.It's just a thinking of a single man.
I'm sure you've read the definition of a theory before. In no way is it "just". The Bible you read is a bunch of stories that were written over time by a bunch of people to explain how their god was bigger and badder than the other tribe's god. Then the New Testament was a compilation of stories ABOUT one man. But even they don't agree. You can't compare a scientific theory that can be tested, observed and repeated with a story that can't be verified, can't be ... well, anything but read.

-The evolution theory violates the second law of Thermodynamics,
No, it doesn't. There's this giant round energy producing thing hanging there in space blasting the planet with lots and lots of energy. You see, the earth is NOT a closed system. So stop with this stupidity.

which states "Things are getting older, loosing their potential over time". But in evolution, species mutate to better species, which VIOLATES, IT,
No. The 2LoT states that a closed system will entropy. The earth is not a closed system. The solar system is roughly a closed system. But it's going to take an exceptionally long time for the sun to stop blasting heat and light out into space. Now, nowhere does the Theory of Evolution state that species mutate into "better" species. What it says is that species will mutate to survive better. Whatever that means. We have fish without eyes. Is that "better"? Well, not in a normal river but inside a cave with no light it's fine. There is no "better" there is just appropriate.

while in the Bible we read that Earth will be destroyed, which confirms it.
Except in the Bible it says that the earth will be destroyed in a way that isn't accurate. The earth will either be pulled apart by the gravitational distress of having such a large moon or the sun will go red giant and fry us in an instant. Where does it say, "red giant" in the Bible?

-From where Big Bang came? What created it? Something must create something, but in evolution, it is beyond belief...
What's beyond belief is that there's something even more complicated, more unlikely and more highly structured that exists and has always existed and somehow this thing magically creates the entire universe but leaves no trace. It knows your thoughts and my thoughts and everyone's thoughts. That makes it the largest, most complicated thing in the universe. But there's no trace of it. And you say that the Theory of Evolution (which you don't understand) is beyond belief? My god... at least just admit you have no idea what you're talking about and stop trying to look intelligent about this. Stick to the Bible and forget about the science. I understand you want the Bible to be true. I even understand why. I don't care until you start lying about everything you THINK contradicts you.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I've never seen a more justified sigh.

rabbit_pancake.jpg

and that's all I have to say about that.

Upvote 0