Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Stranger36147

Mar 17, 2015
✟25,403.00
Faith
Other Religion
Maybe... or maybe most died in the flood and those that survived and came off the ark found the conditions different, they couldn't adapt, and they died.
Seems pretty pointless to bring them onto the ark if they were just going to die when it was all over....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,877.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe... or maybe most died in the flood and those that survived and came off the ark found the conditions different, they couldn't adapt, and they died.
Which makes their saving in the ark to make no sense, right..?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sad, a Lutheran, a few who list as Christian, and a seeker all either laugh or mock because I tried to fit God and Scripture into an equation dominated by secular science. I guess secular science rules and God can have a seat?

• Winner
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Stranger36147

Mar 17, 2015
✟25,403.00
Faith
Other Religion
I just shared an alternative POSSIBILITY and I get laughed at and mocked, questioned like I'm an idiot? What's wrong with you people?
If I hurt your feelings, then I am sincerely sorry. I could say more, but I'll leave it at that.

Sorry if I offended you and I hope the rest of your day goes well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There wasn't enough room for all kinds of regular animals on the Ark let alone any of the dinosaurs. The flood was regional not global. I know the English translation makes it sound global but the Hebrew words used aren't as confusing.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
dinosaurs-noahs-ark.jpg

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I agree, they died in the flood waters. The ones that survived the ark were probably the dragons of past history. It's interesting that the Chinese zodiac has animals on it. All currently extant except for one. The dragon.
It's also interesting that dinosaur fossils are found that contain biomaterial that should've fossilized or decayed in 65+ MY's.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There wasn't enough room for all kinds of regular animals on the Ark let alone any of the dinosaurs. The flood was regional not global. I know the English translation makes it sound global but the Hebrew words used aren't as confusing.
There was plenty of room for the different kinds of animals on the ark. Why do you say there wasn't?

How and where did the experienced translators mess up?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice article. Much interesting detail. "Measurements of the layer of ash and soot that eventually coated the Earth indicate that fires consumed about seventy per cent of the world’s forests. " ... "When the asteroid struck, it vaporized layers of limestone, releasing into the atmosphere a trillion tons of carbon dioxide, ten billion tons of methane, and a billion tons of carbon monoxide; all three are powerful greenhouse gases. The impact also vaporized anhydrite rock, which blasted ten trillion tons of sulfur compounds aloft. The sulfur combined with water to form sulfuric acid, which then fell as an acid rain that may have been potent enough to strip the leaves from any surviving plants and to leach the nutrients from the soil." dude!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There was plenty of room for the different kinds of animals on the ark. Why do you say there wasn't?

People have taken the dimensions of the Ark and did the math...not enough room for all animals and food etc. It only had enough room for limited regional animals and enough food for them.

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are more questions unanswered than our public schools give indication of. There ARE human fossilized prints near dino prints. We are told that oil is basically decayed dino remains and yet oil is found 1000', 2000' 3000' even more below the surface and rarely has a dino fossil been found beyond 20' below the surface.

And... if we count Adam's years and go through biblical genealogy, we get roughly 6000 years since Adam. And, since God created with the appearance of age (Adam was a man not a baby, trees were already bearing fruit, etc.) then perhaps... JUST PERHAPS... the Earth is a few billion years old. And if not... then asking how the dinosaurs died is a valid question. It allows one to escape the scientific "theory" (the asteroid theory is a theory, not a fact) and try to fit God and Scripture into the equation.

So... the Ark had less animals than most realize. In Hebrew there isn't the sub-species breakdown that we find in modern science. There wouldn't have been 2 of ever kind of cat... there would have been 2 cats. The dinosaurs could have been juveniles for those larger and perhaps..... just perhaps.... they lived for 1000 years or so before they went extinct due to hunting or environmental conditions. I don't know... I am just sharing an idea, a thought... that is honestly, just as valid as the asteroid theory.

I have not said the asteroid theory couldn't have happened. And I have not closed the door to the idea that the Earth could be older than I currently believe. So, I am staying open minded and considering many positions while sharing my own. That is what this forum is for. But when somebody like @lasthero laughs at the thought, you have two thoughts come to your head. One, a guy like that is just a child and incapable of intelligent discussion. Or, he isn't, and this is just another example why Christianity is so divided and why it remains one of the main causes for atheism. If we can't get along, share thoughts, and work together to the glory of God despite certain differences in conclusions that really don't matter... then the world has no hope because those who claim to represent the hope... don't understand it.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People have taken the dimensions of the Ark and did the math...not enough room for all animals and food etc. It only had enough room for limited regional animals and enough food for them.
Or... as I just said in my post right after yours... Noach didn't put all the sub-species of animals in the Ark like we would list off in English and within modern science. Hebrew doesn't make those specific divisions. Instead... there would have been 2 cats... of whatever variety was living in that area. There didn't have to be 2 Cougars, and two Bengals, and 2 Cheetah's, and so forth. Just 2....

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You make it seem like they stepped off the ark, took a whiff of air and died.
Exactly... my comment was a suggestion and one that could have taken 1000 years to happen. Animals go extinct all the time, we know this... why did God save them @Stranger36147 ?

Upvote 0