Scotland
✟245,136.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am so glad to be a part of Assemblies of God Great Britain.
Sadly the AOG church I used to attend 1999-2007 closed down during Covid. Some happy memories though. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Possibly, those familiar with AOG councils outside the US could confirm if the below statement applies to them also,

"Autonomous and Independent, the Assemblies of God is considered a cooperative fellowship instead of a denomination.
Within the fellowship of the Assemblies of God are two classifications of churches—General Council–affiliated churches and district-affiliated churches.
General Council–affiliated churches enjoy full autonomy, having “developed to the point where they are self-governing and self-supporting.”
District-affiliated churches are those that have not yet developed to the point of qualifying for full autonomy. These churches are subject to the ecclesial supervision and authority of a parent church. All assemblies are required to adhere to the Statement of Fundamental Truths and a biblical pattern of conduct."
By Joe Carter, AUG 14, 2021

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Autonomous and Independent, the Assemblies of God is considered a cooperative fellowship instead of a denomination.
Within the fellowship of the Assemblies of God are two classifications of churches, , ,
General Council–affiliated churches enjoy full autonomy, having “developed to the point where they are self-governing and self-supporting.”
District-affiliated churches are those that have not yet developed to the point of qualifying for full autonomy. These churches are subject to the ecclesial supervision and authority of a parent church. All assemblies are required to adhere to the Statement of Fundamental Truths and a biblical pattern of conduct."
By Joe Carter, AUG 14, 2021
Allow me to save you the trouble of informing yourself, seeing the information provided by Pastor Carter, an unaffiliated AOG (unity-minded) preacher did not care to divulge the source of his findings. One thing I can say is, the above development of "classifications" started back in the very early 80s with considerable resistance from the most astute of AOG cleric of that time.

My source? I was eyewitness. Those familiar with this forum knows the trends that have taken place yet stopped short of them being formalised. Quite certain, such as we see here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0