Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Professor James Tour is an enormously successful and brilliant Professor of Chemistry at Rice University. James M Tour Group

He is also an evangelist who regularly leads people to saving faith in Jesus. His approach is direct, some may think too direct. This is a quote from a recent email update I think worth sharing.

"A friend of mine who was visiting said that he wanted to watch how this was done. So, he sat alongside me on the Zoom call while I shared. After the Zoom call, he said to me, “You never asked her if she wanted to accept Jesus.” That is correct, I never asked her. I have never been instructed in the Word of God to ask people about whether they wanted to be saved. It is not that it's wrong to ask, and it has example, but it is just that it is not required. Nikki, like everyone else, is commanded to believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is a commandment, an imperative, not merely an indicative. I John 3:23 “This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ.” Moreover, if I were to ask, people are programmed to say, “No.” So why even ask? I just say, “Now I am going to pray a prayer around this text, Romans 10:9. And I want you to repeat after me in prayer.” And they almost always do. I watch them and listen as they testify of Jesus and his lordship and of their belief in the resurrection of Jesus Christ."

There are very few weeks go by that Jim Tour does not lead someone to Christ. He has the mind of a genius and the heart of a true evangelist. I've learned from him and perhaps you can too.

Reactions: royal priest

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Very, very interesting I must say. You've given me something to think about in the way I share the gospel.

I think it'd be good to add on just why it's been made a Commandment. It's not that God is trying to oppress people but out of love to them to underscore how important it is to embrace the Lordship of Christ. There should still I think be a thing where one is led by the Spirit but you've made a good point.

• Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0