Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As per this post sir, and since you speak for all Atheists, and even have to answer for Clizby, I see no reason to ask ANY questions.

Additionally and more importantly, since an Atheist does not believe there even is a GOD, why would this thread have been started to begin with?
You have a misconception of what an atheist is. An atheist can believe there is no god or like myself, I simply do not believe one exists. So I am open to it. If your god exists he should be able to tell someone what to tell me to convince me.

Before you say I am an agnostic please look up the definition of atheist.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don’t understand why you have a problem with this. Have you never changed your mind about something? More Precisely I should say I went from believing they were supernatural to I don’t know. They could have been but there is no way to demonstrate that they were.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,273.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, you responded to another poster...I was simply reminding you of scripture which you must have overlooked

Please explain how you were judged...

Sorry, my bad, I thought you were the person to whom I was responding.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So you had a personal relationship with Jesus than one day decided he and the entire spiritual realm no longer existed? Because that is what saying you were a Christian and now an atheist would mean. It would be like saying I talked daily to my brother for 18 years, had experiences with him, but then decided he didn't exist so I stopped.
Not quite. It is not that I am saying the supernatural no longer exists, it is that I cannot demonstrate that it does to warrant a belief.

Also, I do have a sister and that relationship is different than that of a god. I can have a long conversation with my sister, I can demonstrate that she exists, I can hug her and I can tell you what she thinks and believes without interpretation etc. Can you demonstrate your relationship with Jesus is with a real person? You call it a relationship but it is nothing like a relationship any of us actually have.

I see God's hand in my life, again and again, so yes he does give 'evidence,' only atheists don't accept spiritual evidence or anyone personal experience. God's work is most times subtle not a theatre show.
Why? Why would god not give each person the level of evidence they need to believe? At least then they would have a choice to follow him or not. Paul got a theater show, why not anyone else? Does god play favorites?

He showed himself to the Israelites many times and still they didn't believe either.

Far from being immoral or cruel, God is the one who defined morality and love.
Revelation 21:4

4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

God also came down as a man and died for all our sins
Romans 5:8

8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
An immoral or cruel God would do neither of these things.
No, an immoral or cruel God would tell masters they can beat their slaves, tell a woman she must marry her rapist, admonish people for not killing every last child in a tribe, force abortions as punishment, commit genocide, kill homosexuals etc. etc. Just because God may do some good things does not make him good.

That God would have probably burnt up the world long ago in anger since humanity must be a continual thorn to him.
He is long-suffering and slow to anger.
Yet he did this once because he regretted making man.
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Sounds more like God sets the rules and you don't like them.
If God were an immoral and cruel God (which he isn't but he can't come into the presence of sin because he is Holy) then we would all be doomed without hope.
The god as described in the bible is an immoral and cruel God and I can demonstrate that. Have you read your bible?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok so the reason you believe he exists is that god revealed himself to you. Is this right?
Primarily, but since that time I feel there are so many areas of support for His existence that I think I would believe even if He hadn't.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I remember asking His permission to evaluate if He exists.

So you went into the whole thing with a personal bias, right?
I guess my bias was I wasn't sure and I should ask His permission . . . just in case. But I had no game plan for making sure. I had no standards that I had thought out before deciding to make sure. So, there were no standards to bias how I evaluated. And then I, like I said, I went with what I would say had nothing to do with it > what a lot of people believe.

Now, of course, I realize that a great number of people being called the same thing does not mean they all are that. And I went with my religion because adults I trusted told me things I trusted.

But I see, too, how others can be biased in what they choose to use to evaluate if God exists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.