Nov 23, 2013
✟302,273.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think this will be my last post to you, Kylie. Remember the topic when we first started conversing? It was about God not responding to your demand that he make himself known to you, and if he wasn't gonna jump through the hoops then you'd simply refuse to believe in him.

And you said I was doing it wrong, and not once did you give me a clear alternative to follow. It was mostly you painting me as just another foolish atheist who doesn't really understand God.

I countered by suggesting that perhaps God already knows that even if he did make himself known to you, you'd not appreciate it. You'd find some excuse to continue disregarding his will for your life, thus making his efforts to prove himself to you useless.

And I very clearly told you on multiple occasions that I would not do that. And yet you decided you wouldn't believe me and repeatedly made the same claims. Thus deciding that your opinion of me was more accurate than what I was telling you repeatedly about myself.

I think that very same principle has been demonstrated in our back-and-forth. For example you said:

But, I did already give you some examples; when I asked you to either go back through the posts to find them or to try to remember, you said you were too busy with other things for either of those options.

Well, gee, I'm really gosh darn sorry I have a life outside of this website and that I'm not jumping at the chance to search through 750+ posts because a guy who has repeatedly treated me like a liar asked me to.

I further explained that I felt you were not properly listening or appreciating the contributions I made, and your response was to get angry that I was judging you.

No, I just asked you to either tell me where you gave me the information or to provide it again. You refused both.

When I suggested that you were judging me for judging you, thus doing the very same thing (i.e. judging) that you accused me of, you didn't seem capable of comprehending such a simple issue. You asked, "When did I do that" and then proceeded to do more judging of me in that very same post.

Yeah, how dare I call you out for being judgemental of me? What kind of horrible person is it who doesn't just allow people to sit in judgement of them?

There was a previous incident with the "ask Jesus into your heart" thing. You accused me of bringing that up suddenly as though it was some new argument I was dumping on you, so I went back through the correspondence and found 5 instances where I had commented on that issue extensively. In response you just ignored that factual detail.

You mean the bit where you just barged in on a discussion I was having with Iconoclast about him giving me what he claimed was instructions on finding God, me following those instructions, and then finding nothing?

As I've repeatedly told you, my beef with him was that he gave me instructions that didn't work, and when I told him they didn't work, he told me that I was doing something wrong and saying I should do it again. You came in, completely misreading that actual topic we were discussing (which was "Hey, Iconoclast, your instructions don't work") and instead made it about what you thought the right instructions should be.

Over and over again you simply are not listening to or thinking carefully about what I say to you. You move from one issue to the next without any resolution to my counter argument or even a recognition that I've made a counter argument.

What you say to me seems to be primarily you lauding it up about how you think I've got it wrong, you think you've got it right, and you refusing to tell me how you think I should do it right.

All of this is to say that you are not in the right frame of mind to hear from God. Even if he did deign to reach out to you, you'd simply not hear it. You would argue and fight and shift just as you've done with me here. You earlier suggested that what God really should do is to so completely overwhelm you with his power that you'd have no choice but that's not what he's looking for and it's a sad commentary on your own psychological/spiritual state that you'd think such an option is better than freely choosing to follow God based on the goodness of his character and other spiritual qualities.

Oh look! Once again you think you've got me all figured out! Here's the expert on Kylie, everyone!

And you wonder why I had a go at you for being judgemental.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see how that address my post telling you that the Bible tells you not to judge me. Was that whole post of yours your response to that, telling me that you're going to judge me anyway? Or did you get to the actual point I asked you to give me a basic version of Jesus' instructions, as per my post 757?
Actually, you responded to another poster...I was simply reminding you of scripture which you must have overlooked

Please explain how you were judged...

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It has nothing to do with evidence, it is a spiritual awakening and drawing to God, a knowing in your spirit. Then a realization that you are a sinner who needs to repent. God is a spirit, it is only our spirit that connects us to him.
Then many people will never know if God exists if he refuses to provide evidence for himself. It is a immoral god that won't give evidence he exists then tortures them for not believing.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I find it humorous that you immediately assume I need to study Evolution. It really isn't that hard you know to present evidence for a certain aspect of Evolution. Let me assure you I don't need a lesson on what evolution is, does or how it does it. I want the evidence you were citing for information in DNA confirmed by evolutionary processes.
Not believing evolution is true is the same as not believing the earth is a spherical like shape. The theory of evolution is the most supported theory in the history of science. You say you studied evolution, then why do you not believe it is happening?

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I had some experiences that I believed were from God, so I believed that God existed. It wasn't until He revealed Himself that I knew He existed.
So you believed God existed by experiences that was not god revealing himself to you. What were they?

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I believe that we are in the same position....
I disagree. I was a Christian for 18 years, studied the bible and apologists arguments, learned to read Greek etc. I lived as a christian for most of that time. Prayed and had experiences that I considered supernatural. How long have you studied evolution?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree. I was a Christian for 18 years, studied the bible and apologists arguments, learned to read Greek etc. I lived as a christian for most of that time. Prayed and had experiences that I considered supernatural. How long have you studied evolution?
Wait. You just contradicted yourself...You prayed and had experiences that you considered supernatural?

We had a long discussion from page 34 onward regarding supernatural events which had happened to you, and you could not (during our discussion) admit these experiences were supernatural...

And now you do admit that you do consider some of your experiences to have been supernatural.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So you had a personal relationship with Jesus than one day decided he and the entire spiritual realm no longer existed? Because that is what saying you were a Christian and now an atheist would mean. It would be like saying I talked daily to my brother for 18 years, had experiences with him, but then decided he didn't exist so I stopped.

Then many people will never know if God exists if he refuses to provide evidence for himself. It is a immoral god that won't give evidence he exists then tortures them for not believing.

I see God's hand in my life, again and again, so yes he does give 'evidence,' only atheists don't accept spiritual evidence or anyone personal experience. God's work is most times subtle not a theatre show. He showed himself to the Israelites many times and still they didn't believe either.

Far from being immoral or cruel, God is the one who defined morality and love.
Revelation 21:4

4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

God also came down as a man and died for all our sins
Romans 5:8

8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
An immoral or cruel God would do neither of these things. That God would have probably burnt up the world long ago in anger since humanity must be a continual thorn to him.
He is long-suffering and slow to anger.
2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Sounds more like God sets the rules and you don't like them.
If God were an immoral and cruel God (which he isn't but he can't come into the presence of sin because he is Holy) then we would all be doomed without hope.

• Winner
Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not believing evolution is true is the same as not believing the earth is a spherical like shape. The theory of evolution is the most supported theory in the history of science. You say you studied evolution, then why do you not believe it is happening?
What makes you think that I don't believe it is happening?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of this supports a worldwide flood. Like I already posted there is direct geological evidence that the flood could not have happened.

What do you find convincing here?

Then what convinced you?
He revealed Himself to me.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Wait. You just contradicted yourself...You prayed and had experiences that you considered supernatural?

We had a long discussion from page 34 onward regarding supernatural events which had happened to you, and you could not (during our discussion) admit these experiences were supernatural...

And now you do admit that you do consider some of your experiences to have been supernatural.
No, at the time I considered them supernatural. I don't anymore.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not about me. It makes no sense to ask someone who is an atheist if God is who God says he is. It literally nonsense. The atheist does not believe in gods. The question cannot be answered because the question presumes that God exists.

As debaters sometimes say, we reject the premise.

I'm not trying to restrict you and trying to help you have a reasonable conversation.
As per this post sir, and since you speak for all Atheists, and even have to answer for Clizby, I see no reason to ask ANY questions.

Additionally and more importantly, since an Atheist does not believe there even is a GOD, why would this thread have been started to begin with?

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,641.00
Faith
Atheist
As per this post sir, and since you speak for all Atheists, and even have to answer for Clizby, I see no reason to ask ANY questions.

Additionally and more importantly, since an Atheist does not believe there even is a GOD, why would this thread have been started to begin with?
You responded to this post 3 days ago. Are you having trouble following?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.