I So Hate Consequences!!!!
Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Excellent! I'm loving all these Ask threads. It's awesome.

Did you ever experience physical intimacy before becoming celibate?

And if you ever see yourself ending it, is there a certain criteria involved for when this celibacy might be ended or is it just when/if it ever feels right?

I have never been physically intimate with anyone, sexually.

I don't know the criteria that would be involved in ending it, just that it is a possibility.

Upvote 0

david_x

Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
David, I was wondering if you ever wished that you weren't a beleiver in a religion which forces you to repress your natural sexual attraction to members of your own sex?

I've never heard of such a thing. I follow the Lord, not the religion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mystman

Atheist with a Reason
Jun 24, 2005
✟22,286.00
Faith
Atheist
It has not been very hard to remain so yet, when you don't go looking for trouble you don't find it. If you know what I mean.

Have there been any situations where you being celibate actually made a difference?

For example, I could call myself celibate, but that wouldn't exactly be an honest description of the reason for my lack of sexual activity...

Or in other words, have you actively turned down sexual advances? Or refrained from doing things/going to places for the specific reason of "avoiding trouble"?

Upvote 0

david_x

Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Have there been any situations where you being celibate actually made a difference?

For example, I could call myself celibate, but that wouldn't exactly be an honest description of the reason for my lack of sexual activity...

Or in other words, have you actively turned down sexual advances? Or refrained from doing things/going to places for the specific reason of "avoiding trouble"?

I'm not actively seeking out relationships with the fairer sex, nor have I accepted the advances that have been made.

Upvote 0

Mystman

Atheist with a Reason
Jun 24, 2005
✟22,286.00
Faith
Atheist
Do you have, or have you had, any negative feelings whatsoever about the fact that God gave you sexual feelings for men and the message that you can't act upon them, while God gave most other men sexual feelings for women and the message that they can (should, according to parts of the Bible) act upon them?

Any (mild) feelings of jealousy, unfairness, "why me?", etc?

Upvote 0

david_x

Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Do you have, or have you had, any negative feelings whatsoever about the fact that God gave you sexual feelings for men and the message that you can't act upon them, while God gave most other men sexual feelings for women and the message that they can (should, according to parts of the Bible) act upon them?

Any (mild) feelings of jealousy, unfairness, "why me?", etc?

Sometimes daily, it is the main idea of a discipline.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

david_x

Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
*edit - Are you physically unattractive or have you considered making yourself physically less attractive to avoid temptation?

Haha, good question. No i'm not hideous, I've had some interest. As far as making myself less attractive, no. I only better myself on purpose.

Upvote 0