enroute
✟1,395,850.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think I have to disagree with you here. He is not obligated to tell us the exact day of anything.
I understand what you are saying brother, but if He did it before, he will do it again.That is what we should look at, His behavior in times past. That is just my opinion. He is not obligated to do anything, but He watches over His word to perform it. He told Noah the exact day the flood would come. Was He obligated to tell Noah the exact day? No! But, Father told him.

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand what you are saying brother, but if He did it before, he will do it again.That is what we should look at, His behavior in times past. That is just my opinion. He is not obligated to do anything, but He watches over His word to perform it. He told Noah the exact day the flood would come. Was He obligated to tell Noah the exact day? No! But, Father told him.
Where in Scripture did God tell Noah the exact day that the flood would come?

Also, we can't take one piece of narrative and apply it as doctrine for the whole Bible. For example, God also told Abraham when (within a year) he'd have a son. But He hasn't told all Christian men over all of time when they'd become fathers. Be careful not to take one case and build doctrine from it.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,850.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Where in Scripture did God tell Noah the exact day that the flood would come?

Also, we can't take one piece of narrative and apply it as doctrine for the whole Bible. For example, God also told Abraham when (within a year) he'd have a son. But He hasn't told all Christian men over all of time when they'd become fathers. Be careful not to take one case and build doctrine from it.
I am NOT building a doctrine brother. I am just showing a pattern of our Father's behavior. He told Abraham he would have a child in nine months. He also told other men and women that they would have children. So our Father has done it more than once. That is a pattern.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,850.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, Sis. But my previous reply still applies. Just because He gave Noah a 7-day notice doesn't mean that's a rule we can count on for all His judgments. (For example, He didn't give Sodom a 7-day notice.)

No, but He did tell Abraham, His friend, right? He did give Abraham a chance to interceed.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Cool !
When a good shepherd is taking care of his sheep,
does he go away and leave them alone ,
or does he guide them and protect them all the time ? Every day ?
Do they hear his voice once a lifetime? once a year? once a week? :)

Of course, Like Noah heard from God,
and the world refused to;
so also Jesus' sheep hear from Jesus,
and the world refuses to.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,850.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So where's my Methuselah, dang-it?! :)
Maybe our Methuselah will be the death of our super senior citizens. I live in an area where there are a lot of folks over 100 years old. They are our treasures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"Our Father has already said He will give warning."

What scripture do you refer to? ..... tell me and I will help you understand

Not on this matter .... He has not revealed the dating of His next intervention to bring judgment to an unsuspecting world [Matthew 24:36-39] .... He will intervene as a thief does who gives no warning before the break in

All of the signs and warnings will be revealed during His judgment of the tribulation and not before

These things are revealed as Revelation unfolds and will lead up to His presence upon the earth at the end of the period

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God told lot when to leave the city also

Even during the tribulation he will send angels warning his people to flee Babylon before its destroyed...saying "Come Out my people "

And angels will warn men not to take the image of the beast and warn of its consequences

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,850.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What scripture do you refer to? ..... tell me and I will help you understand

I understand the scripture very well, thank you very much.
Not on this matter .... He has not revealed the dating of His next intervention to bring judgment to an unsuspecting world [Matthew 24:36-39] .... He will intervene as a thief does who gives no warning before the break in

He will come as a thief on an unbelieving dark world. But we , His children, are not in darkness that He should come as a thief. There is scripture for that also.

Upvote 0

Nym

Apr 28, 2016
Virginia Beach
✟8,340.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. - Matthew 24:37

Who will be our Methuselah? "After him it shall come."

Noah & company is a type of the church which escapes. But before then, a Godly man, or many people perhaps should die (fall asleep) of old age... and have a prophetically symbolic name/title for this purpose.

Seems like we should have one... just a thought I had.

Maybe this person will be a really amazing evangelist.

I don't believe how Noah and his times have been interpreted is correct. They cherry pick the times of Noah to suite their perception so it will line up with what they believe, rather than looking at every instance of like scenarios in scripture to let the book interpret itself in a more definitive manner, and which directly speaks to something happening in us.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,850.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe how Noah and his times have been interpreted is correct. They cherry pick the times of Noah to suite their perception so it will line up with what they believe, rather than looking at every instance of like scenarios in scripture to let the book interpret itself in a more definitive manner, and which directly speaks to something happening in us.

What?:scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"He will come as a thief on an unbelieving dark world. But we , His children, are not in darkness that He should come as a thief. There is scripture for that also."

The Lord's true ecclesia living at the time will not be caught off guard as the rest of humanity because they are saved and will be kept from His judgment of the tribulation .... but no one can know the time [dating] .... and so there will be no signs given

The believer does not need a sign in the first place because he knows all of what is going to take place in advance [Revelation 3:10] .... the scriptures are evident and have already been revealed to the believer

.... the rest of the lost world [including those who profess to be "Christian" and are] not does not know this and will be caught off guard [Matthew 24:36-39; 25:1-13; Revelation 3:9-15]

Only the believer can be assured of protection and this will include a transformation to immortality just before the Lord beings His unprecedented judgment upon a world ripe for His vengeance [1 Thessalonians 5:1-9; Jude 1]

All of the signs given are still pending will not be revealed until the tribulation begins and during the same .... but before, no related signs will be given

The Lord will break in as a thief with no warning to make His own immortal, and then to mitigate His judgment upon those who refuse to believe the truth about Him

All of this could begin before this day is over

Are conditions on the earth today like they were in the days of Noah? .... no doubt, and this condition is advancing

.... but no one can know the time .... and any particular sign will not be given before

Many have attempted to identify certain events as signs and even dating .... and their predictions have ended in failure

There is a reason

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,850.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We fill words with what we believe them to be, so we have things like, a name written that no one knows but you, or Jesus' no man knows the son, it's a revealed truth.
LOL!^_^ I guess you are right because whatever truth you are speaking has not been revealed to me. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Nym

Apr 28, 2016
Virginia Beach
✟8,340.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"He will come as a thief on an unbelieving dark world. But we , His children, are not in darkness that He should come as a thief. There is scripture for that also."

The Lord's true ecclesia living at the time will not be caught off guard as the rest of humanity because they are saved and will be kept from His judgment of the tribulation .... but no one can know the time [dating] .... and so there will be no signs given

The believer does not need a sign in the first place because he knows all of what is going to take place in advance [Revelation 3:10] .... the scriptures are evident and have already been revealed to the believer

.... the rest of the lost world [including those who profess to be "Christian" and are] not does not know this and will be caught off guard [Matthew 24:36-39; 25:1-13; Revelation 3:9-15]

Only the believer can be assured of protection and this will include a transformation to immortality just before the Lord beings His unprecedented judgment upon a world ripe for His vengeance [1 Thessalonians 5:1-9; Jude 1]

All of the signs given are still pending will not be revealed until the tribulation begins and during the same .... but before, no related signs will be given

The Lord will break in as a thief with no warning to make His own immortal, and then to mitigate His judgment upon those who refuse to believe the truth about Him

All of this could begin before this day is over

Are conditions on the earth today like they were in the days of Noah? .... no doubt, and this condition is advancing

.... but no one can know the time .... and any particular sign will not be given before

Many have attempted to identify certain events as signs and even dating .... and their predictions have ended in failure

There is a reason

This is one aspect of a larger picture.

Upvote 0