• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

AS and worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know how it works for everyone else, but I have the ability to see where a situation is going and, without Jesus, it often creates worry.

[bible]
"A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge,
but the simple keep going and suffer for it." Proverbs 22:3

"The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble." Psalm 9:9
[/bible]

But this ability also can be a blessing. It allows me to see trouble spots up ahead and I can begin praying about them earlier than other people might. It doesn't always take ALL the worry away, but I find that I gain a peace alongside of it.

[bible]
Philippians 4:6, 7 says,

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
[/bible]

Also, oftentimes, I get so distracted by just the busyness of living that I will treat worry as a reminder to pray. If I don't know how to pray, I will just pray in tongues.

[bible]
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:26, 27
[/bible]

Remember, God is not an NT; He understands us completely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have this quirk myself. It's like my analytical brain measures, turns, reviews and determines situations. Unfortunetly it is usually the negative outcome that my brain decideds will occur. I have a different twist on this as I am able to read people's expressions and can usually get a feel for what is occuring. It makes for very stressful times for me.

I do sometimes wonder how much ground I give the devil by not keeping my mind well guarded. I should always be aware of prayer needs, but I don't need to be so focused on the negative, bcause the devil can use this against me and give me a bad outcome. So the devil has a chance to use his plan, bcause I am working out my problems through the flesh and not by letting God mold and shape the situation.

I'm glad you posted this as I have been unsuccessful at explaining this gift or sometimes quirk to even the most well intentioned people. I'm relieved to see I'm not alone;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gal4God

Support Team
Dec 29, 2005
Leicester, UK
Visit site
✟28,819.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
ty gracechick maybe i've postedthis in the wrong place oh welll, i'm glad i aint alone. i also kno wot i'm worring bout @ the mo i probs shouldn't but can't stop mayself and finding hard 2 pray but am able 2. i've placed it in2 God's hands.

Upvote 0

joris

Jan 11, 2008
✟8,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess kinda have this also... worried or keeping on thinking on the same lines, wondering about questions again and again and again, asking people again and again...
I frequently heard of surrendering, a topic that seems to come back again and again it seems; guess it's a thing God wants me to learn. It's still very hard to try and pray and surrender, and trust He's taking care of things.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I always ask Him to give me a peace or a plan, because sometimes, I believe, He brings things to my attention because He wants me to take some kind of action. But, when that is the case, He is preparing me to listen to His plan, instead of charging off in my own wisdom. During those times sitting on my hands isn't the appropriate action.

Last edited:
Reactions: gracechick
Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess kinda have this also... worried or keeping on thinking on the same lines, wondering about questions again and again and again, asking people again and again...
I frequently heard of surrendering, a topic that seems to come back again and again it seems; guess it's a thing God wants me to learn. It's still very hard to try and pray and surrender, and trust He's taking care of things.

I can do the same thing. I seem to get something stuck and can question it to death:doh:I suppose I let the anxiety run my thinking and actions instead of the Lord. Itsa good thing God is patient as He knows our problems and trials so well:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
wot bout wen u r worried bout something that gonna happen and may not be ok but may be.

God can

keep you OUT of the lion's den,
keep you safe IN the lion's den, or
give you peace, if that's how He chooses for your life to end on Earth.*

[bible]
"When calamity comes, the wicked are brought down,
but even in death the righteous have a refuge." Prov. 14:32
[/bible]

*There are many incidences in Foxe's Book of Martyrs where even while being burned alive, God's people were spared from pain. Thomas Hawkes comes to mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timuchin

May 4, 2007
Visit site
✟8,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We have a natural fear of the unknown because the society we are in goes by rule we don't understand. We can learn most of the rules. Here's some books to help.
"Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships" by Grandin & Barron, both ASD
"The Five Love Languages" by Chapman, a Christian counselor
"The Power of Body Language" by Tonya Reiman, an unbelieving normal

Godly fear is okay. If we are walking in divine guidance, He can direct us around hazards in life. I got Word of Knowledge by doing what the Bible says in James 1:5. Pray for the gift of the Holy Spirit and then take the leap of faith to walk in it. A good book on that would be "How to Listen to God" by Charles Stanley, famous pastor.

Reactions: gracechick
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.