Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Fascinating photo, supposedly of Jesus, created by AI. Story below.

bas-uterwijk-jesus-1.jpg

Link : Jesus according to AI

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fascinating photo, supposedly of Jesus

Entirely fictional artwork.

The "AI" is supposed to make it sound "scientific," but it's just a tool to merge photographs and pictures together.

The final picture is determined by the choice of input images, which I strongly suspect is wildly incorrect.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The links in the article, here Artist Recreates How Iconic Figures From History Would Really Look in Real Life and here Here’s How 20 Famous Historical And Fictional Figures ‘Really’ Looked Like , give some other examples of the artist's work. In a number of cases, he starts with a well-known image -- Michelangelo's David, van Gogh's self-portrait, etc. -- and turns it into an image that's more like a photograph of a human face. But the articles don't say what image(s) of Jesus the artist started with. I'm guessing one or more Orthodox icons. That's a pretty good starting point, but of course the iconographers didn't actually see Jesus' face.

I was amused, by the way, that I could recognize "Doomguy" even before I read his caption. :)

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
The Shroud of Turin has the real face of Jesus on it...

Actually,.. I think this is more accurate to what Jesus looks like since two children had the exact vision of Him. One had visions of Heaven and one actually went to Heaven. At least that's how the story goes.

Prince-of-Peace-hi-res.jpg

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married