Article about my Latin Mass brethren in Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Tridentine Mass I attend is considered to be a Mission, and will be a parish once we find/build our own church.

By the way, is the picture in your profile of the Tridentine Mass that you attend. If so, it is beautiful!

Upvote 0

Metanoia02

Owner of the invisible &a mp;
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟20,203.00
Faith
Catholic
Servus Iesu said:
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060114/1062695.asp

I'm fairly new to this community and I didn't even know some of this. I had no idea Una Voce was active in Buffalo. St. Anthony Padua is my parish while I am at school.

I will pray for the success of Una Voce in Buffalo. Your Bishop , who was my Bishop in Nashville was not open to Una Voce. He would not allow the Latin Mass in Nashville. He felt it would "upset" the priests in the Diocese. One thing to remember about Bishop Kmiec, he does respond well to public pressure. He is a better politician then he is a shepherd.

Upvote 0

Servus Iesu

Jun 15, 2005
✟20,312.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Metanoia02 said:
I will pray for the success of Una Voce in Buffalo. Your Bishop , who was my Bishop in Nashville was not open to Una Voce. He would not allow the Latin Mass in Nashville. He felt it would "upset" the priests in the Diocese. One thing to remember about Bishop Kmiec, he does respond well to public pressure. He is a better politician then he is a shepherd.

This is what I've been told.

Perhaps he'll respond to the purely practical aspects of this issue. Right now the diocese is working on "Journey in Faith and Grace" which is the codeword for shutting down and consolidating parishes. If he gives us a church we can fill it without problem.

There is also an SSPX Church in South Buffalo. If the Bishop shuts Una Voce down I wouldn't be surprised if the Society sees a spike in attendance.

Upvote 0

Metanoia02

Owner of the invisible &a mp;
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟20,203.00
Faith
Catholic
Servus Iesu said:
This is what I've been told.

Perhaps he'll respond to the purely practical aspects of this issue. Right now the diocese is working on "Journey in Faith and Grace" which is the codeword for shutting down and consolidating parishes. If he gives us a church we can fill it without problem.

There is also an SSPX Church in South Buffalo. If the Bishop shuts Una Voce down I wouldn't be surprised if the Society sees a spike in attendance.

Don't worry, he would never do something like shutting them down. He will just tolerate thier existence and basically do nothing.

I am interested in seeing how he handles the shutting down of parishes. He never had to do that here. He will somehow find a way as to look like he had no choice.

Upvote 0

Servus Iesu

Jun 15, 2005
✟20,312.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Metanoia02 said:
Don't worry, he would never do something like shutting them down. He will just tolerate thier existence and basically do nothing.

I am interested in seeing how he handles the shutting down of parishes. He never had to do that here. He will somehow find a way as to look like he had no choice.

Bingo. We have begun "Journey in Faith and Grace" because of the "necessities" of "adapting to the evolving situation". We are actually being sold that this will bring growth to the Buffalo diocese. Right.

I just don't understand. Buffalo is traditionally a pretty conservative diocese. We have been almost untouched by the priestly sex scandals and I don't think the diocese has faced any lawsuits. If we really need money the Bishop should shut down some of the diocesan bureaucracies.

I try to pray for the Bishop every night. It is the only way I can keep from getting angry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.