Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I too am a supralapsarian though I do not believe it was needful for God to predestine folks to everlasting destruction for that is their default position. He just passed them by in His electing love.
When God passed over them, was He not choosing them to be vessels of wrath? Did God not determine beforehand who would be saved and who would not? How can God predestine the saved but not the unsaved?

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Get googling son.
Okay, I will.

"Supralapsarianism (also antelapsarianism) is the view that God's decrees of election and reprobation logically preceded the decree of the fall while infralapsarianism (also called postlapsarianism and sublapsarianism) asserts that God's decrees of election and reprobation logically succeeded the decree of the fall."

I believe that.

"John Calvin held a view on predestination sometimes referred to as "double predestination." This is the view that God has actively chosen some people for damnation as well as for salvation."

I believe that.

Am I still pretending?

Upvote 0

Patmos

Mar 11, 2016
New York
✟893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay, I will.

"Supralapsarianism (also antelapsarianism) is the view that God's decrees of election and reprobation logically preceded the decree of the fall while infralapsarianism (also called postlapsarianism and sublapsarianism) asserts that God's decrees of election and reprobation logically succeeded the decree of the fall."

I believe that.

"John Calvin held a view on predestination sometimes referred to as "double predestination." This is the view that God has actively chosen some people for damnation as well as for salvation."

I believe that.

Am I still pretending?
Yep. Read the Institutes. Slowly. Like I have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

Patmos

Mar 11, 2016
New York
✟893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Flip. messed up again.
No way are YOU my servant. Boy, I hate typing.
If I can serve you in any way to help you know and understand the Scriptures I am your servant. I have been preaching the Gospel for many years and the one thing that I know is that any preacher who is truly called of God is nothing but a lowly servant of His people. I am proud to be your servant. I aspire to nothing more than servitude to the people of the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Why must I read the Institutes to find the definitions? The internet is much easier.
Actually I own copies and have read both the Institutes and the commentaries of John Calvin. In all honesty I find that he tends to ride his hobbyhorse of anti Romanism and I find much that I have to disagree with. He is very logical and thorough in his thinking to be sure but I read him in the culture of his time and know that our understanding of things has changed. We are looking back at how the culture of his time shaped theology and we can see how it was incorrect to a certain extent.

Of course the truth of God never changes but our understanding of it grows with time.

I honestly wouldn't recommend that anyone read the institutes unless they were seeking intellectual acumen. They are fine for scholarship but hard to deal with for the general population. I would much more recommend that you sit in a pew listening to a truly God called man preach Christ in all His wonder and glory. You will learn more truth sitting in that pew than you can with years of bible schooling.

Upvote 0

Patmos

Mar 11, 2016
New York
✟893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I can serve you in any way to help you know and understand the Scriptures I am your servant. I have been preaching the Gospel for many years and the one thing that I know is that any preacher who is truly called of God is nothing but a lowly servant of His people. I am proud to be your servant. I aspire to nothing more than servitude to the people of the Lord.
Cheers

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

onnoudidnt.jpg

WOW. I am so disappointed in some of the posts here that have now been removed. They were insulting and crude, and borderline vulgar ( or in response to them). Those type of posts DO NOT reflect Christian values and are not acceptable on this site!

This thread is closed permanently. It is sad that a discussion on a Christians site generates so many complaints.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.