Arkansas school district arming teachers

ReardenSteel

Jul 24, 2013
✟7,949.00
Faith
I'd be interested to know how often violent crimes are the result of heat of the moment passion and how often they are preplanned. My experience as a criminal defense attorney suggests to me that the former is much more common. If that's true, then keeping schools gun free should ultimately save more lives than it costs.
This is not a mathematical equation. People have a right to protect themselves.

Upvote 0

Swim411

Jun 7, 2013
✟1,962.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you have any evidence for this other than your own opinion?

I have as much evidence that you have that people would have been saved if only some teachers at Sandy Hook were armed.

You do realize that it is pure speculation by your team, right?

Upvote 0
D

dies-l

This is not a mathematical equation. People have a right to protect themselves.

But, aren't people better able able to protect themselves when they are subjected to a much lower risk of violent crime?

If instead you are arguing that people have a right to bear arms (without the rhetorical "protect themselves" language), then I suppose I would agree that that is a constitutionally guaranteed liberty (as opposed to a right, but that is just splitting hairs) within a certain context.

However, that was not what my comment was about. Mt comment is about the wisdom of arming teachers (or any other population) within a school zone and whether that would have the effect of preventing violent crime or mitigating damages. My guess is that it would ultimately have the opposite effect, if any .

Upvote 0
Z

ZephyrWiccan

Would have been saved … at Sandy Hook. But a lot more would be lost, over time, in the tens of thousands of schools where no such event ever took place.
Sorry, but that's absurd. But then you believe that you have the right to kill someone if they deny you the use of their bathroom facilities, so I guess it would make sense that you would believe that, if everyone believed like you.

Upvote 0

Swim411

Jun 7, 2013
✟1,962.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry, but that's absurd. But then you believe that you have the right to kill someone if they deny you the use of their bathroom facilities, so I guess it would make sense that you would believe that, if everyone believed like you.
If you want to know what I believe, then ask. Until then don't make up fabrications, are quote mine what I said.

Quote mining is a form of lying.

Upvote 0

Swim411

Jun 7, 2013
✟1,962.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't make anything up or quotemine. I read you saying it in your own words.

No, you did not. You are quote mining. And if you want to know what I think, then you have NO EXCUSES for not asking.

And insisting you know my thoughts better than I know my own thoughts is rather pathetic.

Upvote 0
Z

ZephyrWiccan

No, you did not. You are quote mining. And if you want to know what I think, then you have NO EXCUSES for not asking.

And insisting you know my thoughts better than I know my own thoughts is rather pathetic.
Except you expressed your thoughts in written form. I am repeating what you expressed of your thoughts in written form. No quote mining at all. Why are you so hostile to me repeating what you said? Did you make a mistake when you said it?

Upvote 0

Swim411

Jun 7, 2013
✟1,962.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Except you expressed your thoughts in written form. I am repeating what you expressed of your thoughts in written form. No quote mining at all. Why are you so hostile to me repeating what you said? Did you make a mistake when you said it?

Except quote mining and grossly misrepresenting my words is dishonest.

It is absurd for you to insist you know my thoughts better than I know them.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
See that is why I am sending my children to a top ranked private school. The people that are running the country in general from the mayors to the presidents are idiots in general. Well they aren't dumb they just do things that are self serving. The fact is the public school system in general sucks compared to other industrialized countries. There are other questions and things we need to look at when dealing with the problem with mass shootings.

How many teachers in the last 10 years have been fired for having sex or fighting a student? Giving some of the most underpaid professionals, that deal with children that can be frustrating, firearms is just the top 10 dumbest things I've seen from both republicans and democrats do this year.

The thing most underpaid americans or middle class americans(that can afford to send their children to private schools but don't because it will make their money tight) don't understand is that these politicians do not send their children to the same schools. The people that came up with this legislation are not sending their children to schools where teachers carry firearms because they have the money not to.

Wake up America!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums