Are your beliefs falsifiable?

Are your beliefs falsifiable?

• Yes! I search for the truth - no matter what that truth is!

• No! Now stay back you heretic!

• I have no opinion and am just a mindless drone.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike1reynolds

Knight Errant
Apr 29, 2006
Running Springs (2 hours from LA)
✟4,442.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No way, it is like mathematics, musical ability or any other talent, you can only go so far without training and if you never got the early training to start with you'll never get anywhere. How can you become a musician without an instrument? How can you become a mathematician if you don't even know how to write?

Upvote 0

david_x

I So Hate Consequences!!!!
Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ok, but you're assuming that faith is BLIND.... it isn't. I never said it was either - I said it's not about proof. There IS proof, but faith (even while based on proveable truths) is belief in what is UNSEEN (not fully known/seen/handled).

Why it is unnesisary, I have seen Gods love and i have felt his hands. I see his church and i talk with him. Proof is overwhelming, beliving somthing else would require faith in the unseen.

Upvote 0

music4two

Oct 28, 2004
Illinois
✟983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
the question becomes can you seek God or know him without the tools he has given us?
YES - The entire creation speaks of God. there are stories of tribes in Africa that when discovered had full Christian communities. This stemed from one head man who set out to find God. God honored that request and revealed Himself to him, including the entire plan of God.
God created us with a built in ability to know him and then gives us the choice to pursue that calling or believe illusions of our own making.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I didn't vote. There is not a selection that I can choose from. I have LEARNED that I have an inside world that is made up of the different parts of my inner being: the heart, soul, mind, spirit, will, intellect and emotions. It is the life that goes on inside of me: thoughts, feelings, attitudes, sentiments and opinions. I have learned that I should not be looking at my inadequacies because obviously, they will always be there. I need to be looking at my adequacy in the Holy Spirit, which will always be in me Who supplies me limitless GRACE.

Truth is, the Holy Spirit is able to grasp our inner being only when we submit completely which will allow Him to teach us, lead us mysterious and divine what we ought to know. God wants us to grow according to HIS WILL, to know the whole truth and tell it in love--like Christ in everything. We take our lead from Christ, who is the source of everything we do. Truth wounds through life's experiences as well as from the Word of God. The truth resolves some difficulties and creates more difficulties. When truth speaks, there is not burdens but rather "The truth shall make you free"; that is, free from the woes, the yokes, the burdens. Is the Bible in error, or do we just have a faulty understanding of faith? What is the true nature and source of faith? It is through the truth of Scripture that we become transformed people through the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2). This truth comes through practicing the discipline of careful reading of the Bible, seeking to find the author's intended meaning (Ephesians 3:4) and its implications for the issues we are facing today. The role of the Holy Spirit is not to add anything to the text but to make the readers' heart humble so that we will welcome and embrace the truth and act upon it (1 Corinthians 2:14). Jesus touches our lives (inward) and enables us to touch others (outward). And since the Gospel so transforms us with the power of the Word, we can demonstrate God's grace power with the reality of our lives.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.