Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Gibberish...

The Truth: These three are one.

JLB

No, actually; I have defined what modalism, or Sabellianism, entails, according to the most broadly accepted theological and heresiological scholarship. See the Panarion of St. Epiphanius of Salamis as a starting point.

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, actually; I have defined what modalism, or Sabellianism, entails, according to the most broadly accepted theological and heresiological scholarship. See the Panarion of St. Epiphanius of Salamis as a starting point.

Man's opinion.

The Truth: These three are one. 1 John 5:7

Man's opinion: This one is three.

JLB

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;...

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Genesis 1:26-27

One member of the "Us" must be female if Eve was created in the image and likeness of God.

JLB

Hi,

Me-reminder: day 15, finish Proverbs 15.

Now,

Yes, us., there., if, it Refers to, just, God, then God The Father., Who is internally Trinitarian also, God The Son., Who is internally Trintarianly also, and God The Holy Spirit., Who is internally Trinitarian also, would be the content of that word us.

It is incredibly wonderful to me, that alone-ness, was an issue. 'It is not good for the man to be alone' was said, and we get to hear about that from God.

Only, when God made that, not a not-good., for Adam, He did not take more earth to do that.

He in fact, removed a part of Adam, not that all males are missing that part today, and made a person out of Adam.

Was that person, made lesser, in the image of God, than Adam? Yes to me. Yes she is lesser than Adam is to me in the likeness of God.

Wait. Wait.

He even called that person by a different name. Woman. Okay, that's lesser to me, in the likeness of God.

To me, I and all females, are lesser in the likeness of God, than males are.

To me.

I would think that way.

I do.

Wait.

God though in my life sets me straight, (gives me a correction to previously held wrong ideas) every once in awhile.

The Bible is great for correcting my errors, and infrequent trips to Proverbs A chapter a day in any form, but started here by @Tishri1 , under permission or leadership by the owners of this whole CF thing, infrequent trips to reading a proverb a day, soon results in my knowledge and abilities changing to error and strife.

Biblically, on females, God sets my thinking there straight also, after I am up to speed, (6 months or more), from Proverbs, one a day, in Genesis, on females.

He also says, male and female I made them. Great, so I too, a female, am not lesser in the likeness of God, than males.

That is not negotiable anymore.

God said.

All of my thoughts now have to switch over to What God said.

And, I have no preference over being in the image and likeness of God, one way or another. Why?

Why?, for me. It is because, no matter how detestable and lowly and disgusting the creature may be to me, The Earth-Worm, one day I realized it may not be disgusting for., the earth worm, to be an earthworm.

Maybe, the various layers of dirt taste good to an earthworm. Maybe the soil layers feel wonderful on their skin.

Maybe it is wonderful for an earthworm, to be an earthworm.

I say. I say, God made it wonderful for an earthworm to be an earthworm., and as such no matter what I am to and with and for God, that too would be wonderful.

That, is why, I am not partial to what I actually am, in God's world.

That is why, I really do not care what I am in God's World, but merely accept what I am.

However, I am somehow equal to males, on my image and likeness of God.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Man's opinion.

What Sabellianism is is a well established fact. We know what the heretics Sabellius, Noetus, and Praxeas taught, and it has a name: Sabellianism, also known as Modalistic Monarchianism or just "Modalism" for short. This is a matter of the historic record.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Man's opinion.

The Truth: These three are one. 1 John 5:7

Man's opinion: This one is three.

JLB

Trinitarianism: The Three are one, the One is three. God is the Three and One. That's the doctrine of the Trinity.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Trinitarianism: The Three are one, the One is three. God is the Three and One. That's the doctrine of the Trinity.

-CryptoLutheran

Hi dear,

The Three are One, the One is three. God is the Three And One. The Three are Persons. That's the doctrine of the Trinity.

(That hopefully is the Trinity.)

LOVE,

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your belief does not align with what the scriptures teach.

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
1 John 5:7

These three are one.

Your belief is "this One" is three.

That is the "Oneness" doctrine.

JLB
I believe the Athanasian Creed. I wasn't detailed in how I expressed it, that's all.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Who was Adam's Father?

I will give you a hint: 38 the son of Enosh,the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God. Luke 3:38

JLB

Adam had no Father or Mother as we do. We are all son/daughters of God in a non-begotten way.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your belief does not align with what the scriptures teach.

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
1 John 5:7

These three are one.

Your belief is "this One" is three.

That is the "Oneness" doctrine.

No, because "one" there is HEN not HEIS. If you don't understand the difference between the two words then you haven't properly studied this. So they are "one" in essence or purpose not one in numeral as in one person. The one God is formed by three, disproving Oneness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;...

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

One member of the "Us" must be female if Eve was created in the image and likeness of God.

JLB

No. The likeness and image of God is the basic humanoid form, not the extra little differences that make a female a little different from a man visually or down to exact facial features of anything.

Reactions: katerinah1947
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No, because "one" there is HEN not HEIS. If you don't understand the difference between the two words then you haven't properly studied this. So they are "one" in essence or purpose not one in numeral as in one person. The one God is formed by three, disproving Oneness.
It seems like your HEN has also disproved your idea of 'the 1 God is formed by three'. It seems that HEN suggests its 3 separate and distinct persons that are '1 in purpose' only, but not 1 mumerically. If you have 3 persons in 1 numerical God, that doesn't seem to fit HEN, no matter if you call them Gods or persons.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It seems like your HEN has also disproved your idea of 'the 1 God is formed by three'.

No what it disproves is that God one person, proving Oneness wrong.

It seems that HEN suggests its 3 separate and distinct persons that are '1 in purpose' only, but not 1 mumerically.

That's exactly what proves Oneness wrong.

If you have 3 persons in 1 numerical God, that doesn't seem to fit HEN, no matter if you call them Gods or persons.

HEIS means one numerically not HEN. The three are one (HEN) in essence and purpose which means all are divine (God).
The three are not one (HEIS) person because there are three.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. The likeness and image of God is the basic humanoid form, not the extra little differences that make a female a little different from a man visually or down to exact facial features of anything.

He created them, both male and female.

Was Eve created in the image and likeness of God?

• Males beget.
  • Females give birth.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

One is male, then other is female.

One begets, the other gives birth.

JLB

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
He created them, both male and female.

Was Eve created in the image and likeness of God?

• Males beget.
  • Females give birth.

JLB

Hi,

1 Corinthians 11:11-12.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No what it disproves is that God one person, proving Oneness wrong.

That's exactly what proves Oneness wrong.

HEIS means one numerically not HEN. The three are one (HEN) in essence and purpose which means all are divine (God).
The three are not one (HEIS) person because there are three.
Now you have me confused, so does HEN = 1 in purpose and HEIS = 1 numerically?

Example of "HEN": The town of 5,000 persons got together and worked as "HEN" person to help the Andersons restore their home.

Example of "HEIS": There were 5,000 persons in the stadium, but only "HEIS" person had the name of Bigler.

Do I understand the concept now?

Is HEN used in the scripture?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Hi dear,

The Three are One, the One is three. God is the Three And One. The Three are Persons. That's the doctrine of the Trinity.

(That hopefully is the Trinity.)

LOVE,
I have not been able to find anywhere in the bible that God refers to Himself as a "person". Is that a New Testament description or is it a Nicean description of God?

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
I have not been able to find anywhere in the bible that God refers to Himself as a "person". Is that a New Testament description or is it a Nicean description of God?

Hi,

It is my ~personal~ Description of God.

I think the Nicenes, have exactly the same description, and I use their description normally. The Apostles Creed. The Athanasian Creed, the idea is probably in there also.

Adding things like "I have not been able..." If not done searchingly, rather than prophetically without proof, is scary to me.

To demand that God, in the Bible, put in phrases like "I am a person" is contrary to Proverbs and what everyone experiences from that statement in Proverbs, that it is God who hides.

Is it not us who are not supposed to search for Him? It is not His, to come to us and do things our way, intellectually, or in almost any other way.

We are to search for God. The tools God gave us to do that are in the Bible. One of those tools is Total Honesty, before everyone, not just God.

LOVE,

Last edited:
Upvote 0