In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've never bragged about the fact that we can be lost.
You talk about it frequently and post about your ability to be lost passionately.

Biblically it's just a fact and undeniable. To deny this fact or to minimize it is dangerous. In the process of minimizing free will you slip ever so close to the "once saved always saved apostacy" that leads you right back into sin.
Only if you accuse the Holy Spirit living in all believers of being responsible for leading believers into sin. Is your salvation based on your so-called 'free will' or on the will of the Father?

Christ has accomplished everything for us to secure our salvation by faith and grace...
Actually it's 'by grace THROUGH faith'. Otherwise I absolutely agree! I'm sure there's a 'but' to follow though. Why not just state that Jesus has accomplished everything for us and leave it at that? Why do you have to add something you do/choose/keep/observe/think? Isn't Jesus 'good' enough?

but He never removes our free will to choose Him or reject Him. Why is this? It's simple, love that is forced is not love at all. Only a love that has the ability to turn away is genuine.
And, there it is. God's love for his adopted children (saved people) will NEVER turn away. It can't, for God IS love. And Jesus (also God) is completely faithful to his promises to all who believe in him for salvation.

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
Only if you accuse the Holy Spirit living in all believers of being responsible for leading believers into sin. Is your salvation based on your so-called 'free will' or on the will of the Father?

The Father's will is that none be lost but we know from the Bible that many will be even those who at one point would be considered Christian. The Holy Spirit would never lead anyone into sin but quite the opposite. If you feel a spirit has led you to accept once saved always saved or a version of it I can assure you it wasn't the Holy Spirit. The Bible tells us in Isa 8:19-20 to test the spirits and if they don't align to the law and the testimony it is because there is no light in them.
Actually it's 'by grace THROUGH faith'. Otherwise I absolutely agree! I'm sure there's a 'but' to follow though. Why not just state that Jesus has accomplished everything for us and leave it at that? Why do you have to add something you do/choose/keep/observe/think? Isn't Jesus 'good' enough?

Absolutely He certainly is. The reason I would interject anything in there is because some would intimate that behavior is unimportant after justification. Some minimize free will leaning towards OSAS. Both of which is unbiblical and false teaching. You say I trumpet free will passionately and you may be right. The truth of God is something to get passionate about. Remember free will has two sides or ways to go. We can choose to serve the Lord and allow Him to save us by His grace thru faith or we can choose the other way to go.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0

bellanegra1

Jul 18, 2007
Maryland
✟15,356.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why are some so obsessed with their 'freedom' to leave Christ 'anytime' they want??? They wear it like a badge of honor! They cling to their so-called 'free will' (which has a horrible history) and brag about themselves being able to 'choose' to leave Christ and salvation.

IMO, this is sickening and a disgrace to what God has already accomplished for us. You can brag about your 'ability' to 'quit' Christ. I'll boast only about Christ and him crucified.

Hey!

Get out of my head...... LOL

Good Post!!!

Upvote 0

bellanegra1

Jul 18, 2007
Maryland
✟15,356.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why is it that in the thinking of some the creature has a right to get what he wills but the Creator lacks the ability or the right to get what He wills?

And finally it is noted.....

Hence I am confused as to what god folk think they worship....

Folk... there is NO box....

Thinking outside of it is a non issue when we finally understand this....

THE CREATOR... By definition CAN not be outwilled.....

The issue still remains.... We ONLY think we know HIM... for IF we truly knew HIM we would not form our lips to say stuff like we do....

REALLY....

Having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof......

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Father's will is that none be lost but we know from the Bible that many will be even those who at one point would be considered Christian. The Holy Spirit would never lead anyone into sin but quite the opposite. If you feel a spirit has led you to accept once saved always saved or a version of it I can assure you it wasn't the Holy Spirit. The Bible tells us in Isa 8:19-20 to test the spirits and if they don't align to the law and the testimony it is because there is no light in them.

Absolutely He certainly is. The reason I would interject anything in there is because some would intimate that behavior is unimportant after justification. Some minimize free will leaning towards OSAS. Both of which is unbiblical and false teaching. You say I trumpet free will passionately and you may be right. The truth of God is something to get passionate about. Remember free will has two sides or ways to go. We can choose to serve the Lord and allow Him to save us by His grace thru faith or we can choose the other way to go.

God Bless
Jim Larmore
What I hear you saying is that I cannot trust God to be true to his promises to those who believe in His Son for salvation; that he might not be faithful to complete the work he has begun in me; that I cannot have assurance of my eternal destiny, right now, based on what he has promised and what Christ has already accomplished; that I must doubt it based on my own performance and ability; that God living IN me (Holy Spirit) is no guarantee.

Upvote 0

bellanegra1

Jul 18, 2007
Maryland
✟15,356.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Are you saying that HE did NOT accomplish what HE came to?

Last time I read... HE said it is finished....

Please let me know what part of salvation HE is still working on....

What part of the blood that paid the ransom is too weak to and or is not considered legal tender enough......:doh:

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

Are you saying that HE did NOT accomplish what HE came to?

Last time I read... HE said it is finished....

Please let me know what part of salvation HE is still working on....

What part of the blood that paid the ransom is too weak to and or is not considered legal tender enough......:doh:

I think the bible says He is still interceding for us, does it not? He said it is finished. He will also say it is done just prior to His return.

If everything is finished at the cross, I wonder what's done in Rev 16:17.

Furthermore if your definition of redemption is to merely accept Jesus as your savior, then what are you doing here on earth? Why aren't you received back to the Father and restored back to the faced-to-face relationship?

And if you are already saved by merely coming to the cross, then why does the bible say ALL will be judged by the record of their works and received reward of eternal life or eternal demnation?

The bible says he that overcomes and endures to the end, the same is saved.

That's what differentiates adventism from all other religions, like it or not and it's not going to change: righteousness is first imputed then imparted to true believers.

Salvation is not about the destination, it's about the journey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
Would you suggest that the Creator made the animals with all the correct responses wired into their DNA that He does not love them?

Animals , according to the Bible are not included in the plan of salvation. Discussing His love for them or their love for Him in this context is a moot issue unless you can show me from the Bible how it is relative to man's free will or the ability to choose good or evil.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Animals , according to the Bible are not included in the plan of salvation. Discussing His love for them or their love for Him in this context is a moot issue unless you can show me from the Bible how it is relative to man's free will or the ability to choose good or evil.
Here is where you are wrong. The enemy did not only claim the human race. He claimed man and the world over which he had dominion. The plan of salvation answered all the claims of the enemy. You need to remember that humans are not independent of the Creator. He chose to create them with the ability to manage their future, unlike the animals. He did not ask man for their permission to take away from them access to immortality. Nothing prevents him from taking away any abililies he gave to man. Calling it forced love is a dead end street.

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
Here is where you are wrong. The enemy did not only claim the human race. He claimed man and the world over which he had dominion. The plan of salvation answered all the claims of the enemy. You need to remember that humans are not independent of the Creator. He chose to create them with the ability to manage their future, unlike the animals. He did not ask man for their permission to take away from them access to immortality. Nothing prevents him from taking away any abililies he gave to man. Calling it forced love is a dead end street.

Interesting ideas in your assessment, however there's only one problem. It's not Biblical. The entire Bible is about choices and man's ability to choose right or wrong. God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden and allowed the temptation to see if man would remain loyal to His demands. He never forced them to comply but told them of the consequences if they didn't. It's been the same thru out history. God never forces man to love Him but wooes man to Him by the Holy Spirit and His righteousness.

There's nothing in the Bible to indicate God would change the way He has conducted His interaction with man. In fact the Bible tells us God changes not. Sorry my friend but your assessment does not hold H2O. ;)

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0

PeacefulSDA

Apr 9, 2007
✟7,739.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I've thought on this, laid it aside, come back and thought on this some more but I'm still a bit lost here. Sentipente, are you maintaining that man does not have a choice in accepting the salvation that Jesus accomplished and offers as a part of God's making him capable of managing his future?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Sentipente, are you maintaining that man does not have a choice in accepting the salvation that Jesus accomplished and offers as a part of God's making him capable of managing his future?
Salvation is always a unilateral act. The only thing the beficiary has to do is to be lost or be in need of salvation. Recruitment requires action on behalf of the beneficiary. The rescuer determines the worth of the beneficiary BEFORE embarking on the rescure mission. The recruiter determines the worth of the one who is recruited after ther the beneficiary has responded. The human race is not being recruited. It was rescued. The coin had to do nothing. The sheep had to do nothing. If the sheep ran away the shepherd would run after it and secure it "against its will." Only a rebel must act before he can enter into communion as we see in the story of the prodigal son.

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
The world is full of those who are rebelling against God and refusing His plan of salvation. There is no evidence that God is forcing anyone to change their ways against their wills. Conversely, left to his own works man becomes an evil and corrupted being. Change comes after we decide to accept Christ as our personal Savior and let His power transform us.

Christ while giving a fiew parables made this statement in Matt 13:49-50 concerning the eventual end of those who refuse the plan of salvation:

" So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth and sever the wicked from the just.

And shall cast them into the furnace of fire, there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Here's some more Biblical evidence that many will be lost.

Rev 20:8-10
" And shall go out to decieve the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog to gather them to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea."

" And they went up on the breadth of the earth and compassed the camp of the saints about and the beloved city and fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and false prophet are and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

Mal 4:1

" For behold the day cometh that shall burn as an oven and all the proud, yea and all that do wickedly shall be stubble and the day that cometh shall burn them up saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. "

How much more clear can the Bible be that all will not be saved that many will be lost eternally?

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Jim, the difficulty you are having understanding someone who speaks your language makes me wonder about your ability to understand texts written in a language you do not speak. You will continue to cite texts with no regard to their context and there in nothing I can do about that. Thanks for the interaction.

Upvote 0

NightEternal

Evangelical SDA
Apr 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
✟6,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
OntheDL;I think the bible says He is still interceding for us, does it not? He said it is finished. He will also say it is done just prior to His return.

The atonement was completed at the cross, period. This belief that it was not is one of the teachings that QOD identifies as abberant and heterodox according to mainline Protestantism.

If everything is finished at the cross, I wonder what's done in Rev 16:17?

This not referring to the atonement! :doh: You've taken the verse out of its context and misapplied it. It's talking about the beast power and the mystery of iniquity finally being revealed to all. Look at the previous verses, 13-16. The phrase 'it is done' is being spoken in the context of the threefold union between the dragon, the beast and the false prophet as well as the unclean spirits which are proceeding out of thier mouths.

God, through the angel messenger, is simply saying that the forces of evil have progressed as far as he will let them. He will no more allow them to persecute or attempt to eradicate the saints. It signifies the ending of the great tribulation and time of trouble and sets the stage for the seventh plague.

Furthermore if your definition of redemption is to merely accept Jesus as your savior, then what are you doing here on earth? Why aren't you received back to the Father and restored back to the faced-to-face relationship?

The salvation Gospel has not yet gone to all the world, especially places like China, India, etc. Also, there are still some in the valley of decision. Christ will not return until all have had the chance to accept Him as Saviour. He is not desiring that any should be lost. Being saved does not mean we will not still have to live and endure on this sinful planet.

And if you are already saved by merely coming to the cross, then why does the bible say ALL will be judged by the record of their works and received reward of eternal life or eternal demnation?

Salvation is not a reward, it is a gift. A reward has to be earned or something must be done in order to qualify or merit it. If you want to maintain that you can earn salvation, be my guest. It's your choice to tread dangerous ground.

The only works we will be judged by is the perfect merit and works of Christ, which are imputed to us.

Unbelievable. You would then stand before a throng of converts who had come forward at the altar call and inform them they are not saved by simply coming to the cross and accepting Christ?

I am utterly shocked!

The bible says he that overcomes and endures to the end, the same is saved.

We overcome by the blood of Christ, and His victory over and the overcoming of sin, hell and death at the cross becomes our own by faith.

It's about Christ and Him crucified, not us or our supposed abilty to 'overcome'.

That's what differentiates adventism from all other religions, like it or not and it's not going to change: righteousness is first imputed then imparted to true believers.

Wrong. That is your own perception and understanding of Adventism. You will never speak for me or any others who rest in the perfection of Christ alone.

Christ + Nothing = Salvation

Salvation is not about the destination, it's about the journey.

I have never in my life heard of such a strange and nonsensical assertion as this one.

Upvote 0

PeacefulSDA

Apr 9, 2007
✟7,739.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is always a unilateral act. The only thing the beficiary has to do is to be lost or be in need of salvation. Recruitment requires action on behalf of the beneficiary. The rescuer determines the worth of the beneficiary BEFORE embarking on the rescure mission. The recruiter determines the worth of the one who is recruited after ther the beneficiary has responded. The human race is not being recruited. It was rescued. The coin had to do nothing. The sheep had to do nothing. If the sheep ran away the shepherd would run after it and secure it "against its will." Only a rebel must act before he can enter into communion as we see in the story of the prodigal son.

Anyone who has left the Father's side is a rebel. The prodigal son turned away from his rebellion and walked to the waiting father who welcomed him back. He chose to accept salvation.

Upvote 0