• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Are you going to watch the movie "Noah" with Russel Crowe?

Discussion in 'The Box Office' started by Timi Celcer, Aug 3, 2013.

1. rick357

rick357 bond-slave

+206
    Pentecostal
    Married
    For one the scripture says Noah was a preacher of righteousness for the time he was building the ark. The watchers were not encased in stone and not redeemed by helping Noah there is no seed from eden and Noah would have known the flood was to save those made in Gods image not destroy them so the animals and plants could have nice place to live

2. Isambard

Isambard Nihilist Extrodinaire

+179
    Atheist
    Single
    I imagine the people in Noah's also didn't live in a post-apocalyptic Mad Max-style society either. It's called artistic licence and its used to explore aspects, themes, and ideas behind an original story's work.

QED name a Bible-based/themed movie that was critically successful which didn't take massive liberties with the source material.

3. rick357

rick357 bond-slave

+206
    Pentecostal
    Married
    That was my point that Noah was just a selling point and we watch a movie to be entertained not learn scripture.

4. USCGrad90

USCGrad90 Seeker

+20
    Baptist
    Married
    Finally rented the movie from Red Box last night. The rock-creature Watchers were laughable and looked like a combination of stop motion and digital effect. I thought the Ents in Lord of the Rings were much better made.
    The portrayal of Noah's relationship with God was nothing like the Bible explains it and there were many inaccuracies (age of Noah when Lamech died, birth order of Noah's sons, etc...)
    Visually, the movie was very good, as I thought there were many scenes where the landscape came alive and were well thought out.
    Overall the mish-mash of different elements (Abraham and Isaac binding reference with the babies at the end) and introduction of fantasy elements to fill in the gaps actually took away from the story of Noah in my opinion.
    If this had been presented as a story about a guy building a spaceship to save his family - maybe it would have been better...

5. Lollerskates

Lollerskates Junior Member

+188
    Non-Denom
    Common, and most likely TRULY global. It was the end of the world as the Hebrews (8) knew it; why would it be limited to region if God said it was global. He said waters from beneath, and above would participate in the flood. Sounds like seismic activity and possibly celestial assault to me (earthquakes, vulcanism, asteroids, high mass bodies, etc.)

Holly wood is the wood witches magical magi use for their wands. Is there any surprise Hollywood rewrites history, and deceives given this?

[/derail]

6. KNOTLIKEYOU

KNOTLIKEYOU Junior Member

+1
    Christian
    In Relationship
    i thought it was awesome really cool ambience to it