Are You Brave Enough to Post A Picture of Yourself?

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Please pray for Ella bc she is in the hospital atm recovering from an adrenal crisis!! She had sepsis as a baby bc of chickenpox & it destroyed her adrenal glands. Her body doesn't make the stuff needed to help regulate sodium levels to be able to cope with super hot temperatures. It was like 100 degrees at her school yesterday. She had convulsions. She is expected to be ok but is going to be in the hospital for the rest of the week. :( Then she has finals!

Well I hope they push those exams back a few weeks or so. There must be some way of making the tests cheat proof.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for prayers for Ella! She is still in hospital but is no longer in critical condition! She'd been in a coma last week! They did tests, her brain functioning & heart are fine. She just has to take it easy for a while.

Well I hope they push those exams back a few weeks or so. There must be some way of making the tests cheat proof.

It turns out that I was mistaken about her finals so that's a good thing! Bc she had the crisis on Tues & had said it was finals week I thought she still hadn't taken most of her finals. I hadn't known that finals had started the Friday b4 her crisis so she had taken most of them already. She doesn't have finals for all her classes bc some are independent research. For those she wrote papers & has to defend them, basically that's just presenting them to the profs. She already turned in the papers so the hardest part is done! The defenses can be set up some time for the summer. She'd been meeting with a prof when she had the convulsions & went into the crisis. There was this mega terrible heat wave but her school had turned OFF the AC on most of the campus! Bc they were worried about people cranking up the AC too high & there being power outages in key areas but it really seems like for a campus like that that has got so much money they'd have some other solution. So there was AC in the classrooms where final exams were being given but not in the rest of the buildings. She'd been meeting with a prof in the prof's office when she had the convulsions. The office wasn't cooled, it was scorching. It was 102F that day! The prof went to get help for her & when the prof came back she was having convulsions. She carries an emergency kit with her for injections, they gave her one but she still didn't regain consciousness. She is expected to be OK. I still haven't talked with her. I'm friends with her brother too so he is the one who has been giving me updates.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for prayers for Ella! She is still in hospital but is no longer in critical condition! She'd been in a coma last week! They did tests, her brain functioning & heart are fine. She just has to take it easy for a while.

It turns out that I was mistaken about her finals so that's a good thing! Bc she had the crisis on Tues & had said it was finals week I thought she still hadn't taken most of her finals. I hadn't known that finals had started the Friday b4 her crisis so she had taken most of them already. She doesn't have finals for all her classes bc some are independent research. For those she wrote papers & has to defend them, basically that's just presenting them to the profs. She already turned in the papers so the hardest part is done! The defenses can be set up some time for the summer. She'd been meeting with a prof when she had the convulsions & went into the crisis. There was this mega terrible heat wave but her school had turned OFF the AC on most of the campus! Bc they were worried about people cranking up the AC too high & there being power outages in key areas but it really seems like for a campus like that that has got so much money they'd have some other solution. So there was AC in the classrooms where final exams were being given but not in the rest of the buildings. She'd been meeting with a prof in the prof's office when she had the convulsions. The office wasn't cooled, it was scorching. It was 102F that day! The prof went to get help for her & when the prof came back she was having convulsions. She carries an emergency kit with her for injections, they gave her one but she still didn't regain consciousness. She is expected to be OK. I still haven't talked with her. I'm friends with her brother too so he is the one who has been giving me updates.
Thanks to God she is better!
We will keep praying for her.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
/bump

(it's sad to see tinypic.com hosting service is going down this year.) oh well, post 'em while you gottem.

mc9eg8.jpg

Upvote 0

RayofSun

Feb 22, 2005
Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
/bump

(it's sad to see tinypic.com hosting service is going down this year.) oh well, post 'em while you gottem.

Is that a good ol' fashioned flip phone I spy? What's so sad is that I can't even remember what mine looked like. I just remember I had some sparkly/tacky keychains hanging from the corner. Oh it was grand.

Aaaand more importantly, nice picture! :)

Edit Update: It has been 15 minutes and I've scrolled through hundreds of pictures of old flip phones and I can't for the life of me remember which one was my first! IS THIS OLD AGE?!

Last edited:
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Edit Update: It has been 15 minutes and I've scrolled through hundreds of pictures of old flip phones and I can't for the life of me remember which one was my first! IS THIS OLD AGE?!

Now don't you start talking like that, Miss Ray. You are even younger than I am, and I know I am not old. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I just thought I'd pop in and say hi. :)

375k2z.gif

Thank you all so much for your prayers and get-well wishes. Each of you is awesome.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
  • Agree
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

MarkSB

May 5, 2006
✟67,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

View attachment 260623

Thank you all so much for your prayers and get-well wishes. Each of you is awesome.

We're glad to see you back on here! You sure were missed! Praise God you're alright. You're going to do big things with your life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Friendly
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

View attachment 260623

I saw a post you made with a video of you dancing, it was beautiful. Then saw where you said it was from a while back. Hope you're back to dancing again!

• Friendly
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's great to know you're alive and kicking! I hope everything is going well for you right now. :)

You get the feeling that Stanfordella is not the type to die easily, and, as Go Braves just said, is destined to do great things. ^-^

Upvote 0