Mississippi
✟251,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Isn't saying "...become a permanent born again child of God" admitting to OSAS? Do you believe someone can fall away from the faith?

The early church and Lutherans in particular use "bucket theology," meaning we gather together what scripture teaches on a subject and just confess what we find. It's all in one theological bucket and whatever we find, even if it seems like a contradiction, we believe it. We do not try to reconcile away passages about being eternally secure with passages that admit we can fall away for both are true.

Yours in the Lord,

JM
-
My reply was not directed to the OSAS part of your post. It was directed toward the you will be saved. I see using the word will as something that will eventually happen. But that is not what Jesus offers, that is why i wrote people when they believe in Jesus they are saved, at the very moment of belief in Jesus.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
-
My reply was not directed to the OSAS part of your post. It was directed toward the you will be saved. I see using the word will as something that will eventually happen. But that is not what Jesus offers, that is why i wrote people when they believe in Jesus they are saved, at the very moment of belief in Jesus.
I agree with this, "people when they believe in Jesus they are saved, at the very moment of belief in Jesus." It doesn't negate baptismal regeneration though.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I agree with this, "people when they believe in Jesus they are saved, at the very moment of belief in Jesus." It doesn't negate baptismal regeneration though.
-
Baptismal regeneration, who is it for unbelievers or believers and for who ever it is for, what is it for.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
-
Baptismal regeneration, who is it for unbelievers or believers and for who ever it is for, what is it for.
Sinners can't believe whatsoever, there is nothing in them that will allow them to see the spiritual offer of the Gospel, so baptism is for sinners.

"...he natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

Traditional Christian believe that faith is infused in baptism.

From the LCMS website:

Although we do not claim to understand how this happens or how it is possible, we believe (because of what the Bible says about baptism) that when an infant is baptized God creates faith in the heart of that infant. This faith cannot yet, of course, be expressed or articulated, yet it is real and present all the same (see e.g., 1 Peter 2:21; Acts 2:38-39; Titus 3:5-6; Matt. 18:6; Luke 1:15; 2 Tim. 3:15; Gal. 3:26-27; Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:11-12; 1 Cor. 12:13). This faith needs to be fed and nurtured by God's Word (Matt. 28:18-20), or it will die. Those who have been baptized, but who no longer believe, will not be saved. (By the same token, those who truly believe and yet have not had opportunity to be baptized [like, for example, the thief on the cross] will be saved.)​

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Sinners can't believe whatsoever, there is nothing in them that will allow them to see the spiritual offer of the Gospel, so baptism is for sinners.

"...he natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

Traditional Christian believe that faith is infused in baptism.

From the LCMS website:

Although we do not claim to understand how this happens or how it is possible, we believe (because of what the Bible says about baptism) that when an infant is baptized God creates faith in the heart of that infant. This faith cannot yet, of course, be expressed or articulated, yet it is real and present all the same (see e.g., 1 Peter 2:21; Acts 2:38-39; Titus 3:5-6; Matt. 18:6; Luke 1:15; 2 Tim. 3:15; Gal. 3:26-27; Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:11-12; 1 Cor. 12:13). This faith needs to be fed and nurtured by God's Word (Matt. 28:18-20), or it will die. Those who have been baptized, but who no longer believe, will not be saved. (By the same token, those who truly believe and yet have not had opportunity to be baptized [like, for example, the thief on the cross] will be saved.)​

Yours in the Lord,

jm
-
I did (believe) and i am a sinner, i think your problem is you are tied to a denomination to tight. And end up defending your denominational beliefs.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
-
I did (believe) and i am a sinner, i think your problem is you are tied to a denomination to tight. And end up defending your denominational beliefs.
I came to my conclusions using scripture and the Father's then looked around to see who was teaching what I found.

I think your problem is you hold your own opinion much higher than those who came before you, those who died for the faith. Your view is very modern, ahistorical and prideful.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I came to my conclusions using scripture and the Father's then looked around to see who was teaching what I found.

I think your problem is you hold your own opinion much higher than those who came before you, those who died for the faith. Your view is very modern, ahistorical and prideful.
-
So how did all the unbaptized unbelievers believe in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life in The Bible.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two births, the first one i was born from my mom. The second birth was a spiritual birth from God, when i believed in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life. I received at the moment of belief The Life of God.
Your thoughts on John 3:5 , Except a man be BORN of WATER and of the SPIRIT , he CANNOT // OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and means that person can NEVER enter the KINGDOM // BASILEIA is in the ACCUSATIVE CASE and means it was only LIMITED to those that were UNDER the Law of Moses , and the Greek word KINGDOM is in the Greek SINGULAR and it happened ONCE ONLY .

This means NO one can qualify to today as the Law of Moses has been set aside and all are about 2000 YEARS LATE !!

Also the Greek WATER // HUDOR does not mean WATER BAPTISM .

dan p

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Your thoughts on John 3:5 , Except a man be BORN of WATER and of the SPIRIT , he CANNOT // OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and means that person can NEVER enter the KINGDOM // BASILEIA is in the ACCUSATIVE CASE and means it was only LIMITED to those that were UNDER the Law of Moses , and the Greek word KINGDOM is in the Greek SINGULAR and it happened ONCE ONLY .

This means NO one can qualify to today as the Law of Moses has been set aside and all are about 2000 YEARS LATE !!

Also the Greek WATER // HUDOR does not mean WATER BAPTISM .

dan p
-
That to be born again, first a person has to be born physically alive into the world and become a living breathing person. Then this living breathing person must believe in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life. Then they are born again and can enter The Kingdom of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
That to be born again, first a person has to be born physically alive into the world and become a living breathing person. Then this living breathing person must believe in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life. Then they are born again and can enter The Kingdom of God.
REALLY ??
But in John 3:5 Except a man be BORN of WATER and of the Spirit , he CANNOT // OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE , and means he cannottttttttttttttttttt ever enter into the kingdom of God .

What does WATER // HUDOR than mean?

Does water , mean WATER BAPTISM ?

Does IT just means WATER ?

If you n do not believe in WATER BAPTISM , then what doe the Greek word BAPTISO // BAPTISM then mean ??

dan p

Upvote 0