Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My conversion was parallel to yours. I was a young cocky blighter who thought I knew everything. I was convinced that there was no God or even gods and miracles were exaggerated events. I based this on my observations of religious people and their doctrines whom I loved to argue with. A surfer bloke in New Zealand, whom I was arguing religion with, wiped the beach with my sorry butt with his rebuttals. I began to read the entire Bible so as to be more educated the next time I encountered him. Instead I ended up asking questions (not debating). The results of that was I found religion. As with you my studies over the years began to expose holes in the religion I choose. In other words I became unhappy about the religion I chose. That is when I enquired of God and received an answer I cannot deny to this day.
Tawhano, can you answer a few questions about your conversion, please?

1. I am fascinated with this surfer bloke who was able to wipe the beach with your "sorry butt" with his rebuttals. Those must have been fantastic rebuttals! Can you give me an example of the atheist argument you made, and the rebuttal this surfer bloke used to wipe the beach?
2. You say you began to read the entire Bible. I too, recommend that, and have done it several times myself. However, the more I read it on its own, the more it becomes apparent to me that something is very wrong with this book. Can you please give me an example, in your long trek through the Old Testament, that made you more willing to accept Christianity?
3. I see you are back to this mysterious answer from God that you "cannot deny". Can you share what this answer was and why I should find this relevant? I would want something more concrete before I would consider this fact as relevant.

Upvote 0