Are You A Meat And Potatoes Person Or A Fruits and Veggies Person?

Are You A Meat And Potatoes Person Or A Fruits and Veggies Person?

• Total voters

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Oh yeah and one thing I love more than anything else is grilling out. I love me some cheeseburgers and T-bone steaks. :D (If all animals go to Heaven like I believe they do then I'm in trouble big time. Mark even says this. XD)

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
... why isn't fish considered a meat?

I have recently learned that Catholic doctrine considers "meat" to come from warm-blooded animals.
Therefore, fish are not "meat", and can be eaten on days when meat is off-limits.

Biochemists and nutritionists do not agree with this...

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
That's ok. Just follow your doctor's orders.

I know, I do. :)

I thought potatoes were veggies?

Well, I like meat and potatoes!

I mostly like to drink my fruit, like a Naked Fruit drink or something...like a smoothie!

Yeah,.. I think that they are technically classified as a veggie but they're also a starch.

• Informative
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rose2020,

I consume meat and fish in equal measures. I have greater portions of vegetables compared to fruit. I prefer grains over potatoes and pasta. Though I’ll eat them.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HisCrossMyPeace

Jul 6, 2020
Western Norway
✟36,009.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
April_Rose, you forgot fish and potato-persons. In our home the dinner is fish/fish-based 3-4x/week, vegetable- or egg-based 1-2x/week and meat/meat-based 1-2x/week. And about potates: Well, to Norwegians above 30-35 (and a lot below as well), apply this rule: No potates - preferably boiled - is equal to "no dinner, just a hot lunch (not often in Norway) or some hot add-on for supper"

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Me personally I am definitely meat and potatoes. I eat more fruits than veggies but since either way I don't eat as much as I should,.. I take a vitamin every day. :)

I just had my two energy shot breakfast. I'm pretty sure they are "fruit" flavored.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I so wish I could go vegetrian, but I can not. I have multiple problems. I can't have the alternate proteins that use soy as a base for I take thyroid and that stops the absorbption of the meds. I am also borderline kidney failure and shouldn't eat too much protein---nor can I have much beans. Eggs are a good source of protein, but bad for my lousy heart! I have to keep from getting dehydrated, but I also retain flouids like crazy for I am wheel chair bound and can not excersize!! What is good for one thing, will be bad for another and I am also diebetic! The doctors do not care what I eat as anything is liable to do me in! I pray beore I buy anything, I pray when I am cooking and pray before I eat----so far, I have lived in hospice (at home)for over 1 year longer than anhyone expected, so I guess God is handling the situtation just fine! I just do the best I can. I stick to poultry and fish mostly--careful with carbs, mostly veggies and I do love fruit, but haver to be csareful of the sugar conternt of them. It's all enough to drive you to drink----but I can't do that either, it's bad for everything!

Upvote 0