Are we seeing rise of violent Trans terrorism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then there should be absolutely no reason for the Trans groups to oppose it's full release. Wonder what is taking so long? We get body cam footage on police shootings faster than the release of the writings of a Trans terrorist. I wonder why?

Did this ever get released, I have not seen anything more about it?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Protestors just recently shut down Montana’s House in response to trans lawmaker’s censure.

This is all just so surreal for me. Ever since 2020 it's like America has entered the Twilight Zone with no way out. Things just keep going from bad to worse! The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.
It's what happens when you start to silence people for who they are and what they say. Moreso when you try to silence elected representatives because then, you not only silence the individual but you silence EVERYONE that person represents.

So to expect those people to sit down and shut up? Well, that's the fascist response. But I know how much America loves freedom of speech.
I'm so confused!

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's what happens when you start to silence people for who they are and what they say. Moreso when you try to silence elected representatives because then, you not only silence the individual but you silence EVERYONE that person represents.

So to expect those people to sit down and shut up? Well, that's the fascist response. But I know how much America loves freedom of speech.
I'm so confused!
I'm not confused and I know who the real fascists and hypocrites are in America.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I'm not confused and I know who the real fascists and hypocrites are in America
is it the right wing government that silences people or the citizens blocking legislatures for limiting speech?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do you just automatically question the credibility of anyone who states as facts things you don't like? (What am I thinking, of course you do. I've seen it before.)

It's weird they haven't released the manifesto. I'd be more inclined to believe what they say if they do....

The Buffalo shooter's manifesto was posted online by the shooter and pieces enough remained to show the media wasn't entirely honest regarding the motives. Yet for some reason....they told the motives anyway.

I can understand either of these two points...

1. Scrub the manifesto of every shooter, leaving no discussion of motive, so no one gets attention for their cause nor inspires copycats.

2. Released manifestos, so the public can discuss motives and possibly solutions.

What I don't understand is this third position where the manifesto isn't released....but we're told the motive or lack thereof....by mainstream media.

That's just narrative control.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Montana House Republicans ban Rep. Zooey Zephyr from House chamber for remainder of legislative session

Montana’s Republican-dominated House voted Wednesday to ban Rep. Zooey Zephyr, who had said GOP lawmakers would have “blood” on their hands for passing bills restricting transgender rights and rallied protesters Monday after Speaker Matt Regier blocked her from being recognized to speak, from the House chamber for the remainder of this year’s legislative session.

The left doesn't seem to understand the difference between legislation and activism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Which narrative is that?

Shooting in Texas. Latino gunman. I wonder if they'll tell us what the motive is?

Oh ok...white supremacist.

Mmhmmm....another one of those latino white supremacists lol.

And they figured this out in record time too.

I would need a lobotomy or some sort of degenerative brain disease to believe that the media isn't deliberately trying to control shooting narratives.

If they don't release this trans shooter's manifesto...there's no reason nor excuse to believe these accounts.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That fascism is exemplified by banning books rather than performing in drag.

What about burning books about transgender identity? That would be classic fascist behavior.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would need a lobotomy or some sort of degenerative brain disease to believe that the media isn't deliberately trying to control shooting narratives.

If they don't release this trans shooter's manifesto...there's no reason nor excuse to believe these accounts.
I don't think the media can control narratives they present so much as selectively chose what to cover and how. It is a slight difference and maybe none at all; but I see that they have placed themselves and their biases in the story. That used to be the cardinal rule for how not to do journalism. Now it is prominent on both left and right media channels. We are better than this. We are thinking human beings, not sheep. The truth is out there. You just have to search for it and do so with a discerning eye for the source. I try to watch CNN and Fox to get the spin from both sides that hopefully balances out.

What is more concerning than our media, which have no real power other than to sway opinion, is our politicians. When our Vice President travels to Nashville after the shooting there and choses to stand with the activists rather than the grieving families or the heroes that risked their lives to stop a tragedy from getting worse, we have fallen down the rabbit hole.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the media can control narratives they present so much as selectively chose what to cover and how.

In about a 4 year space...we went from being able to read the Elliot Rodgers Manifesto online to the Manifestos of shooters like the Buffalo shooter being scrubbed from the internet by companies like Google.

Don't waste your time telling me what "the media" can control.

It is a slight difference and maybe none at all; but I see that they have placed themselves and their biases in the story.

Unfortunately, I see no difference.

That used to be the cardinal rule for how not to do journalism. Now it is prominent on both left and right media channels. We are better than this. We are thinking human beings, not sheep. The truth is out there. You just have to search for it and do so with a discerning eye for the source. I try to watch CNN and Fox to get the spin from both sides that hopefully balances out.

What is more concerning than our media, which have no real power other than to sway opinion, is our politicians. When our Vice President travels to Nashville after the shooting there and choses to stand with the activists rather than the grieving families or the heroes that risked their lives to stop a tragedy from getting worse, we have fallen down the rabbit hole.

Yeah it's....

Well I hate to say it, but it's an effect of capitalism. I'm saying this as a pretty staunch defender of capitalism. We stopped demanding some degree of balance in media back in the 90s I think....and Fox News came in with a very one sided biased model of reporting that was very much a joke to about 60% of America but it spoke directly to that other 40% and survived a pretty shaky growth period by casting off wingnuts like Glenn Beck....

By the time it was clear that Fox News wasn't disappearing in 2000s ...the online social media space was allowing for other types of independent journalists and reporters to survive. There are few examples of exceptional journalism in this space....because to thrive, they had to speak to a specific audience. Those audiences increasingly came from more mainstream sources like CNN, NYT, and even Fox. By 2010, Fox went from a total joke to a right wing biased version of CNN. CNN and NYT and basically every other left wing outlet slid into full blown bias and narrative capture essentially no better than FOX.

If you're a strong believer in capitalism then increased competition, and choice for the audience should have been a blessing. It should have resulted in better media.

Truth isn't a market though.....but lies definitely are. People can sell lies all day....just telling people what they want to hear....telling people the truth though...that doesn't sell. Even countries with state run medias like the BBC have seen the effects of the online marketplace for journalism and it's ability to speak over social media.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not called terrorism when the groups that perpetrate it do so with the blessings and support of the state.
It is called brown shirting.
It is only when people who oppose the edicts of the state that it is called terrorism. Hence anyone who opposes these political movements are deemed domestic terrorists. Like parents who dare attend school board meetings.
Come on guys. We need to keep the newspeak jargon straight.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not called terrorism when the groups that perpetrate it do so with the blessings and support of the state.
It is called brown shirting.
If the president condones it, is it brown shirting? If the violence is against the government or its representatives, what is that? What is it when one part of the government is pitted against another?

It is only when people who oppose the edicts of the state that it is called terrorism. Hence anyone who opposes these political movements are deemed domestic terrorists. Like parents who dare attend school board meetings.
Ah, no...parents attending school board meetings are not deemed domestic terrorists - unless they threaten the lives of the board members or teachers or indulge in violence against them. And some of the Proud Boys who attend these meetings aren't even parents or residents of the district.

Come on guys. We need to keep the newspeak jargon straight.
We do.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.