• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Are vaccines linked to autism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entertaining_Angels

Aug 12, 2004
east coast
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure why you think kids are still getting shots with mercury? I know that misinformation is flying around the internet but where do you get that information.

Personally, I take seriously parents who don't vaccinate their children. I've watched too many children die of preventable diseases. When parents assume the vaccinated 'herd' will protect their unvaccinated 'calf', they put the 'herd' at risk as evidenced in Europe right now. It takes one epidemic here in the States for parents to realize their foolishness but, by that time, it may too late for so many children :(

Reactions: Flipper
Upvote 0

moralwarrior

Feb 8, 2005
Missouri
✟266.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OreGal said:
I'm not sure why you think kids are still getting shots with mercury? I know that misinformation is flying around the internet but where do you get that information.

Personally, I take seriously parents who don't vaccinate their children. I've watched too many children die of preventable diseases. When parents assume the vaccinated 'herd' will protect their unvaccinated 'calf', they put the 'herd' at risk as evidenced in Europe right now. It takes one epidemic here in the States for parents to realize their foolishness but, by that time, it may too late for so many children :(

If you read my earlier posts then you know where I got that information. My own doctor is giving these shots. I live in the Midwest. They don't have shots available that have zero mercury. They have shots that have trace amounts of mercury which still equals a substantial amount; however, they are not mercury-free shots. Only two states currently have laws against mercury in their shots - California and Iowa. Mercury is still in the flu shots, also.

When I specifically asked my doctor about the mercury in the vaccinations, he told me that there are two schools of thought regarding mercury and that they believe that there is no link between mercury and autism so they give mercury-containing vaccinations to their patients. Unfortunately I wasn't educated on this matter and simply took my doctor's suggestion and let my son have the shot. This is my own personal experience; not some third party story from the Internet.

What about the thousands of children who have been harmed by vaccinations? Do you take them seriously, too?

Upvote 0

Entertaining_Angels

Aug 12, 2004
east coast
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, if you are truly not anti-vaccine but anti-mercury then you know that you can safely get the MMR and the inactive polio vaccine which have never contained traces of mercury.

Personally, sounds as if your doctor does not keep up with modern medicine and, unfortunately, this is all too common. If he did, he'd know that far more studies show the safety of vaccines and no study is reproducible showing that autism is caused by vaccines. He'd know what constitutes a valid study and how easily this link has been disproved. This really goes back to how educated somebody wants to be on vaccines. You can read all the propaganda and live your life in fear or you can get both sides of the story which is what I did and find there is no link and, again, french fries are just as likely to cause autism or maybe even birthday cake :)

And, yes I take seriously anything that can harm a child. Pear juice put my daughter in the ER and hundreds of thousands are adversely affected by nuts, eggs, wheat, etc... so why are we placing more concern on the evil of vaccines...ban the pears, I say :) Also, ever looked at stats on how many children are killed in automobile accidents. Shall we look at banning cars? At some point common sense has to take over and you need to look at benefit vs. cost. I've seen many children die of vaccine preventable diseases and even know a young child who died here in the U.S. due to complications from chicken pox. I've known some children adversely affected by vaccines, my daughter included and the benefit of her vaccinations greatly outweighed the risk.

Upvote 0

2scoops

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear
May 19, 2004
Dayton, OH
✟11,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Afriend of mine has a son with autism and he has been studying the affects of mercury on his son. He believes the vaccinations are the direct cause and he has been doing chelation through his son to rid his son's body of the mercury. Anyway, he highly recommends this book by Andrew Cutler. http://www.noamalgam.com/

Upvote 0

VeronicasImage

Feb 10, 2005
Vermont,USA
✟1,810.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Flipper said:
What proof do you have the mercury is still in any vaccinations. My understanding is that the FDA completely banned it in 1999.
The proof will never be able to be shown to you if you want said proof.Why? Because this is the biggest cover up in FDA thus far.Banned in 1999 doesn't mean a thing when you're talking how many immunizations have already been linked.Including my Grandchild that was fine up until his 2nd set of Immu's causing him a 103 temp,convulsed.I'm not going into it. Right now,he is going through the Iv drips to reduce the mercury that was released. When you look at the FDA,you need to realize my son will never be able to prove anything.If they could the outstanding amount of lawsuits would be baffling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kayd1966

Don't just listen to the Word...Do what it says.
Mar 19, 2005
Visit site
✟12,654.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
this is a subject that can get beaten a lot...I also have a son on the spectrum. I have done my research and at one time thought it could have been the vaccines but it was banned in 1999 and that was a complete ban. I've had him on the GFCF diet, done the no dairy, and all the other things but he is the way he is...a beautiful little boy that God created. I will never know what caused his autism until I'm in the presence of Jesus.

BUT my perspective is that the numbers have jumped to 1/166 because we are diagnosing a lot more kids on the spectrum. There are a lot of children that are being diagnosed today that would never have been diagnosed 30 years ago because they could basically function in society, they were just 'a little different'. My husband is one of those guys that was never diagnosed but when we started going through the diagnosis with our son...we realized that he is also on the spectrum. There have been genetic links made in the last few years but as of yet they can't tell exactly which gene.

I came to the conclusion a couple of years ago that I could spend a lot of time trying to find out what/who did this to my son...or I could spend the same time researching and learning all I could about how to help my son...so I'm learning how to help my son. I can't change what is and God entrusted me with James...I don't ever want to let God or James down.

Upvote 0

shprdslamb7

Kooky end-times believer
Nov 11, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟1,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm curious as to where some of you get your information. Thimerosol is not banned countrywide. In 1999, it was strongly suggested by the FDA to the drug companies that they make vaccines without thimerosol. But, guess what the drug companies didn't do? Recall all those vaccines already made with thimerosol. That's right. Vaccines have a shelf life of years...and for years now, children are still getting mercury laden vaccinations. It is only now beginning to run out. My son was born in 1999. I recently received his entire vaccination history and looked up each one of the injections. Each one that could have thimerosol in it, did.

Here is a timeline of the thimerosol controversy: www.motherjones.com/news/featurex/2004/03/ttp_timeline.html

Search the fda website for yourselves and you will see no banning of thimerosol to date: www.fda.gov/default.htm

Yes, I have a child damaged from vaccines. And, to the person that says they have watched children die from diseases, that is sad and yes vaccines have done a lot of good...but, I have to wonder what your opinion would be if you had a child that was uncontrollable at times because of the brain damage that thimerosol has caused. I wonder if my child is going to grow up only to spend his life in jail.

It's ok to be a guinea pig, if you or your family are not the guinea pigs. :scratch:

Upvote 0

kayd1966

Mar 19, 2005
Visit site
✟12,654.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
shprdslamb7 said:
I'm curious as to where some of you get your information. Thimerosol is not banned countrywide. In 1999, it was strongly suggested by the FDA to the drug companies that they make vaccines without thimerosol. But, guess what the drug companies didn't do? Recall all those vaccines already made with thimerosol. That's right. Vaccines have a shelf life of years...and for years now, children are still getting mercury laden vaccinations. It is only now beginning to run out. My son was born in 1999. I recently received his entire vaccination history and looked up each one of the injections. Each one that could have thimerosol in it, did.

Here is a timeline of the thimerosol controversy: www.motherjones.com/news/featurex/2004/03/ttp_timeline.html

Search the fda website for yourselves and you will see no banning of thimerosol to date: www.fda.gov/default.htm

Yes, I have a child damaged from vaccines. And, to the person that says they have watched children die from diseases, that is sad and yes vaccines have done a lot of good...but, I have to wonder what your opinion would be if you had a child that was uncontrollable at times because of the brain damage that thimerosol has caused. I wonder if my child is going to grow up only to spend his life in jail.

It's ok to be a guinea pig, if you or your family are not the guinea pigs. :scratch:

Actually, I'm from Canada, so I'm not sure what the timeline is for the USA...interesting link though...thanks for sharing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shprdslamb7

Kooky end-times believer
Nov 11, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟1,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The sad thing is...mad mothers have been trying for YEARS to get the FDA to ban thimerosol and they won't do it. Think about it for a minute. If they were to have banned thimerosol, then, the drug companies wouldn't have a choice but to recall all those vaccines. That would mean they would lost money and I'm pretty sure that the drug companies give the FDA money.

It's a vicious cycle.

Upvote 0

flautist

Little Princess
Jul 2, 2005
✟8,599.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
The link between autism and vaccinations has not been proven. I have seen a couple of sources, one being my child development text book, that say that link has in fact been disproved.

We cannot use the Amish as a control because they do too many things differently than us, and they only marry within their own groups, so the genetics is not a factor. The only way to find a probable link is to have two groups of children that are given the EXACT same things, but one gets vaccinations and the other doesn't.

As for the person who was confused how they could have two children without autism and one child with it, it's a simple case of drawing up a punnet square. If Autism is a recessive gene, then it will not show up unless they get two recessive genes. If you and your spouse are both carriers, then your genotype would be Aa (A being dominant and a being recessive). You would have one child with AA, two with Aa, and one with aa. The only one that would actually have the disorder would be the aa. The one with AA would not even be a carrier, but the two with Aa would be carriers, but not actually have the disorder.

Also, the reason the rate has gone from 1 in 2500 to 1 in 166 is because it is being diagnosed more, not because more people actually have it.

Upvote 0

Entertaining_Angels

Aug 12, 2004
east coast
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Flautist, good post. Personally, I really am believing more and more my son's autism is linked to the ultrasounds I had when I was pregnant.

Personally, I believe that like SIDS, there are many causes of autism and you cannot say just one thing is involved but autism cases also spiked with the growing use of ultrasounds so while it cannot explain older cases, I believe heating the baby in utero may be significant here. I get so frustrated because millions upon millions has been spent trying to link vaccines and autism and with the exception of a few 'iffy' studies, there is just no proof. Yes, many of us are questioning the ultrasound usage and no studies are being done. Frustrates me to no end but that's what the press will do for you. They keep bringing up the vaccine thing which keeps it in the news and keeps people's interest. Thus the funding goes to those studies which at this point seem like a pretty big waste of money. I also wish they'd study the pitocin and oxygen during the birth theories. If they'd get their little rear ends on these studies like they do the vaccines, I'm guessing we'd start seeing a vast decrease in autism rates in the next decade.

Upvote 0

kayd1966

Mar 19, 2005
Visit site
✟12,654.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
OreGal said:
Flautist, good post. Personally, I really am believing more and more my son's autism is linked to the ultrasounds I had when I was pregnant.

Personally, I believe that like SIDS, there are many causes of autism and you cannot say just one thing is involved but autism cases also spiked with the growing use of ultrasounds so while it cannot explain older cases, I believe heating the baby in utero may be significant here. I get so frustrated because millions upon millions has been spent trying to link vaccines and autism and with the exception of a few 'iffy' studies, there is just no proof. Yes, many of us are questioning the ultrasound usage and no studies are being done. Frustrates me to no end but that's what the press will do for you. They keep bringing up the vaccine thing which keeps it in the news and keeps people's interest. Thus the funding goes to those studies which at this point seem like a pretty big waste of money. I also wish they'd study the pitocin and oxygen during the birth theories. If they'd get their little rear ends on these studies like they do the vaccines, I'm guessing we'd start seeing a vast decrease in autism rates in the next decade.

Very interesting...I've also wondered about all the ultrasounds I had...how many did you have?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.