Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mmm, i dont think so. How would you know the world is old if you rejected something like, radioactive dating?
Did anyone know the earth was old prior to radioactive dating?

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Addressing your comment that you think Lucy was a "knuckle dragger", the answer is definitively no. Not only was her pelvis an incorrect shape for that locomotion, but knuckle dragging apes have notably thick bones in the hands to support the body weight they put on their hands. The fingers of Lucy's species are too thin.

do we have the skeleton of lucy hands?

b)some monkeys like the macaque can walk on two for a short time. but they are still monkeys and not a transitional form. actually any transitional cant be evidence for evolution, because we cant prove that they are evolved from each other.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Do you have an answer for me, or are you just going to respond by asking another question?

As far as I know, the only people who accepted an old earth prior to radioactive dating, were the founders of modern geology.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
If you arent a YEC, then what are you? Why would you think the earth is old if you, so far as I can tell, reject modern geology?

If you accept extinction events, that means you would also accept that there is an order to fossils found in the earth. It means you accept radioactive dating and the fossil succession.

Or do you accept the fossil succession, but simply reject that these animals were related to one another?

But if you accepted radioactive dating and the fossil succession, but rejected relatedness of the animals in the earth, then how would you explain something like this...
https://www.sanparks.org/images//parks/kruger/elephants/elephant-evolution.jpg
elephant-evolution.jpg

fig10.jpg

eleph5.jpg

Do you think these elephants are simply unrelated? Or that the proto elephants like paleomastodon or gomphotherium are simply unrelated? Or do you think they are all elephants but just look different? Yet theyre morphologically distinct, which is all evolution has ever claimed there to be (morphologically distinct, but related animals across strata in a sequence).
are all those snouts appeared also in the fossil record?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you have an answer for me, or are you just going to respond by asking another question?
Did I leave a question unanswered?

If so, please ask it again and I'll answer it as best as I can.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did I leave a question unanswered?

If so, please ask it again and I'll answer it as best as I can.

How would you know the world is old if you rejected something like, radioactive dating?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How would you know the world is old if you rejected something like, radioactive dating?
As far as I know, I wouldn't know it is old, if I rejected radioactive dating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But you have no opinion on how old it actually is?
None whatsoever.

If I'm talking to someone who believes the earth is 4.7 billion years old, then I go with that.

If I'm talking to someone who believes the earth is 6000 years old, then I go with that.

But what I won't do, is admit the earth has been in existence prior to 4004 BC.

For what it's worth, my pastor is a YEC, but he also believes God embedded age into His creation.

I believe God embedded age into His creation, but I am not a YEC.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
None whatsoever.

If I'm talking to someone who believes the earth is 4.7 billion years old, then I go with that.

If I'm talking to someone who believes the earth is 6000 years old, then I go with that.

But what I won't do, is admit the earth has been in existence prior to 4004 BC.

For what it's worth, my pastor is a YEC, but he also believes God embedded age into His creation.

I believe God embedded age into His creation, but I am not a YEC.

What is the difference between a YEC and someone who wouldn't admit that the earth has been in existence prior to 4004 BC? A sincere question.

Are you proposing that it existed, maybe metaphysically, before existing in the universe?

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
actually any transitional cant be evidence for evolution, because we cant prove that they are evolved from each other

Have you bothered reading any of this thread? This has been explained again and again and again and again...

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is the difference between a YEC and someone who wouldn't admit that the earth has been in existence prior to 4004 BC? A sincere question.
Just because a person believes the earth never existed prior to 4004 BC doesn't mean he is a YEC.

He could be embedded age, apparent age, omphalos, last Thursday, or a host of other flavors.

Mine is embedded age.

Adam came on the scene mature sans history.

And that's how I define embedded age: maturity without history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just for kicks and giggles.
Kick and giggle at this:
Adam Clarke's Commentary said:
It appears that God created every thing, not only perfect as it respects its nature, but also in a state of maturity, so that every vegetable production appeared at once in full growth; and this was necessary that man, when he came into being, might find every thing ready for his use.

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟234,084.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
Charles Darwin, in Chapter 9 of The Origin of Species (published 1859), estimated that the erosion of the Weald Dome, in south-east England, had required 300 million years. His son, George (1845-1912), estimated in 1879 that the Moon had been ejected from the Earth about 50 million years ago. In 1860 John Phillips, professor of geology at Oxford University, estimated from sedimentation rates that the Cambrian period had begun about 96 million years ago. In 1862 Lord Kelvin used the rate at which the Earth was losing heat to estimate that it was between 20 million and 400 million years old. All these estimates were published long before the discovery of radioactivity in the spring of 1896.

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0