Are there any websites dedicated to witnessing?

EliasEmmanuel

Gomi No Sensei
Apr 20, 2002
Camdenton, Missouri
Visit site
✟16,287.00
Faith
Protestant
truthful1 said:
You never know how God is going to reach an unbeliever. Sometimes, you don't always have the opportunity or the words to share with an unbeliever. A tract is something you can give them that they might read later. I don't think you should write them off as useless (or worse, detrimental) just because you don't like them.
It's not "just because I don't like them", it's because I've known a lot of people in my time and never once met anyone who traced their conversion to a tract. The fact is tract evangelism has an abysmally low success rate (if anyone has any stats on this I'd love to see them). Tracts offer practically nothing more than the "Sinner's Prayer", rarely offer any resources for discipleship and, in the case of thematic tracts (like Chicks' on Catholicism) offer and extremely limited treatment of the issue. Also, tracts are one way... the person who recieves it has no real avenue for dialog. And there's the relational issue: you don't have to demonstrate anything of God to someone to hand them a tract. As I said, you don't even have to look them in the eye. This is why people consider them the sidewalk equivalent of telemarketing.

Now I'm not saying distributing printed matter is bad, it just has it's place. I know of some folks (like the Christian punk rock band Headnoise) who produce traditional style punk 'zines with a Christian message and I applaud them for it, but it's a matter of knowing your audience.

I think that's great! The problem I have with servant evangelism is that the people doing it don't share the Gospel. On the servant evangelism website, they even say you should not pass out tracts or any kind of literature because that would make the gift you have already given them seem "conditional". I've seen lots of servant evangelism teams at work and I'm sorry but seeing a bunch of people running around passing out drinks saying, "We're just showing God's love in a practical way" seems kind of silly to me. It's good for people to know God loves them, but there is more they need to here.
Yes, but is it a waste of time to simply do good to people if it's not directly evangelical? Is it a waste of time and resources to simply give something good or go that extra mile if you don't give them the rundown on the Gospel in the process?

No, but if I'm not mistaken, it is called the "Great Commission".
Yes it is. But, we've somehow gotten to this place where we assume anything we do publically has to be "to share the gospel", rather than simply doing good to people or produce a high quality work with merit in and of itself. I believe, from my reading of Scripture, that God is interested in more than propaganda.

I would agree with having unbelievers as acquaintances, not close friends.
Define close.

I'm not discounting or missing out on anything. I'm saying we should witness to people whether we have a relationship with them or not. I'm advocating doing more than what you are saying we should do. I guess I still don't understand your point.
I'm not saying this is ALL we should do, ever. I'm saying we need to pour a bit more of our resources into glorifying Jesus with our lives (including "silly" acts of service)because not doing so often makes the gospel null. And I'm saying that if you confront a person and back them into a corner they will get defensive, but if you speak from a position where they know you care about them and know where they are, they will listen. How many people do you work with regularly? How many people do you see regularly every month? How big a mission field is that? It really doesn't seem like settling for less to me.

What was your "back up" post?
Where I supported my original assertions about several Chick tracts.

Upvote 0

truthful1

Biblical Christian
Jun 15, 2004
✟219.00
Faith
Baptist
EliasEmmanuel said:
It's not "just because I don't like them", it's because I've known a lot of people in my time and never once met anyone who traced their conversion to a tract. The fact is tract evangelism has an abysmally low success rate (if anyone has any stats on this I'd love to see them).
First of all, few will truly convert, no matter what we do. Jesus told us it would be so. We need to be faithful to present the Gospel without worrying about the "success rate". That is in God's hands.

Tracts offer practically nothing more than the "Sinner's Prayer", rarely offer any resources for discipleship and, in the case of thematic tracts (like Chicks' on Catholicism) offer and extremely limited treatment of the issue. Also, tracts are one way... the person who recieves it has no real avenue for dialog.
The tracts I use don't have the "sinner's prayer" on them. They first grab their attention so people will want to read them, then they show people they are lost, and then they tell them how to get saved. There is also a website listed that they can go to and have all their questions answered. I only use one or two Chick tracts--and they are not ones about Catholicism.

And there's the relational issue: you don't have to demonstrate anything of God to someone to hand them a tract. As I said, you don't even have to look them in the eye. This is why people consider them the sidewalk equivalent of telemarketing.
Speaking for myself and the people I know who use tracts, we give people a tract after we have talked to them about where they are at spiritually. I don't advocate standing on a street corner and just handing them out to everyone who goes by, although that would be preferable to doing nothing.

Yes, but is it a waste of time to simply do good to people if it's not directly evangelical? Is it a waste of time and resources to simply give something good or go that extra mile if you don't give them the rundown on the Gospel in the process?
It could be a waste of their soul. You never know when someone is going to die. The church I used to belong to has a food pantry. I think that is a good ministry, but they don't share the Gospel with people who come to get food. Suppose a family comes and gets a couple a bags full of groceries, but then they pull out on the highway and get hit head on and are killed? All the kindness and the groceries in the world won't save their souls. Having a full belly is good, but eternal life is better.

Yes it is. But, we've somehow gotten to this place where we assume anything we do publically has to be "to share the gospel", rather than simply doing good to people or produce a high quality work with merit in and of itself. I believe, from my reading of Scripture, that God is interested in more than propaganda.
Actually, I've seen mostly just the opposite. The trend in evangelical churches these days is to NOT share the Gospel, but to just do works of kindness. That is so much easier than sharing the Gospel and risking rejection.

Define close.
If I have to define it, my guess is that you won't agree with me that we shouldn't have those kinds of relationships.

I'm not saying this is ALL we should do, ever. I'm saying we need to pour a bit more of our resources into glorifying Jesus with our lives (including "silly" acts of service)because not doing so often makes the gospel null.

I stated earlier that I agree that we need to seek to live Christlike lives.

And I'm saying that if you confront a person and back them into a corner they will get defensive,
I haven't done this and I don't know of anyone else who has. You hear it talked about a lot, but I've never actually seen it happen.

but if you speak from a position where they know you care about them and know where they are, they will listen.
Not necessarily. I know several Christians who have unsaved family members, to whom they show much kindness, but they won't listen. Again, you're placing too much emphasis on what WE do, instead of on what God does. No one will come to Him unless He first calls them.

How many people do you work with regularly? How many people do you see regularly every month? How big a mission field is that? It really doesn't seem like settling for less to me.
First of all, it's still a small percentage of the total people we come in contact with. Second, speaking for myself, and most people I have talked to, it is more difficult to witness to someone we are close to or work with on a daily basis, because of the fear of rejection. Therefore, many people don't witness to that group of people.

Where I supported my original assertions about several Chick tracts.
I haven't had time yet. Sorry.

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
truthful1 said:
Therese:

Thank you for providing that information. I will check it out. The only thing is that basically it sounds like we are still relying on only one person to provide us with the information.
Hi truthful1

I hope you find it as interesting as I did. :)

Pretty much all the anit-Catholic hype that Catholicism is tied to paganism can be traced back to one man, Hislop. . . so even if we can find sevarl different sources saying the same thing, they all go back to Hislop . . so to one source, and that source was effectively debunked by an expert in the field who went and personally investigated all Hislop's evidence.

So, are we now relying on one person to debunk one person? Well, no . . Hislop can be debunked in numerous ways, but Woodrow is one of the most effect people to do so, if for no other reason than he stood to loose a great deal financially and have his own life's work demolished in the process.

I greatly admire a man such as Woodrow. Such men are few and far between today. It would have been much easier to be silent. Imagine when everything you had always believed about something suddenly turned out to be only myth . . . . it is a shock . . . a terrible shock. .

I can't believe that Jack Chick is unaware of this evidence, yet he continues to use such an unreliable source for his information and continues to spread its lies . . . . :(

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
truthful1 said:
First of all, few will truly convert, no matter what we do. Jesus told us it would be so. We need to be faithful to present the Gospel without worrying about the "success rate". That is in God's hands.
That is very true . .

I only use one or two Chick tracts--and they are not ones about Catholicism.
:) I am so glad to hear this. :)

Speaking for myself and the people I know who use tracts, we give people a tract after we have talked to them about where they are at spiritually. I don't advocate standing on a street corner and just handing them out to everyone who goes by, although that would be preferable to doing nothing.
May I suggest that you consider finding a different source for you tracts as using them gives Jack Chick credibility in other areas and those who don't know better can be lured into believing what he writes about other issues that are off the wall, such as what he writes about Caholicism.

It could be a waste of their soul. You never know when someone is going to die. The church I used to belong to has a food pantry. I think that is a good ministry, but they don't share the Gospel with people who come to get food. Suppose a family comes and gets a couple a bags full of groceries, but then they pull out on the highway and get hit head on and are killed? All the kindness and the groceries in the world won't save their souls. Having a full belly is good, but eternal life is better.

Yet, James says that to preach the gospel to someone who is hungry wihtout first feeding them is useless . .
Jam 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

Jam 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

I think that somewhere something has gotten lost in the translation within many circles within Christianity .. . what the Great Commission is.

Jesus did not say "go and make converts" . . he said "go and make disciples"

I think way too much emphasis can be put on making converts and that does not mean that one is fulfilling the Great Commision.

We have no control over what happens to that family when they leave the food pantry. We don't know what opportunity they ahve been given to respond to the Gospel. We are to BE the Gospel TO them . not just preach it to them . .we are to LIVE it TO them and BEFORE them .. we are to be Jesus to them . . which means not only sharing the Gospel, but meeting the real physical needs as well.,

One of the saints of the Catholic Church said something like this:

Preach the Gospel always, if necessary, use words. .

We are to be a living testimant to God's Grace and Mercy . . as Paul said, if we do not have love, then we are nothing and all that we do for Christ is as nothing. Jesus came to save us spirit soul AND body . . and we need to respond to those around us on all three levels, not just primarily focus on their spiritual needs.

Actually, I've seen mostly just the opposite. The trend in evangelical churches these days is to NOT share the Gospel, but to just do works of kindness. That is so much easier than sharing the Gospel and risking rejection.
We are not to replace the Gospel of Christ witha social gospel . . we need to be careful and aware that we are not compromising one for the other or go off into extremes.

God bless!

Peace in Him!

Reactions: EliasEmmanuel
Upvote 0

EliasEmmanuel

Gomi No Sensei
Apr 20, 2002
Camdenton, Missouri
Visit site
✟16,287.00
Faith
Protestant
truthful1 said:
Yes.... some plant, some water, God provides the growth. But, it is our responsibility to be aware of who we're talking to and how to communicate with them effectively.
I guess part of my whole issue is if you just walk up to someone it's hard to know where they're coming from. And I know you'll probably say "you don't have to", but I think it's vital in many cases. For example, I knew a number of Neopagans in college. One was raised completely outside the church and knew next to nothing about Christianity, and actually welcomed the ability to find out about it (she was relieved to learn that we don't evangelize because we're xenophobic). Another grew up in the church, with parents who went out of a sense of tradition, and was raped by her card carrying "Promise Keeper" boyfriend in high school. Can you see how knowing something about these folks would influence how you presented the Gospel to them?

The tracts I use don't have the "sinner's prayer" on them. They first grab their attention so people will want to read them, then they show people they are lost, and then they tell them how to get saved. There is also a website listed that they can go to and have all their questions answered.
Well that's good.

Do all the people you hand them to have net access?

I only use one or two Chick tracts--and they are not ones about Catholicism.
Good. I'd second therese on this.

Good. See, we're not saying vastly different things.

Thing is.... do you have a vested interest in said people as more than prospective converts? I ask because when you don't, most people can tell.

I can't add much to what therese said here..... simple service to other people is included in the commands of the New Testament. I'm not saying we should take a "hands off" approach but.... is "what happens when you die" the only answer we have for people? No, kindness and groceries won't save their souls, but EVERYTHING is not about souls. There's also following the servant model of Jesus even when a direct message isn't attached.

I'll grant people may not witness as much as they should, but I was referring to the overall message..... that being that whatever one engages in should be for the purpose of evangelism, and anything that's not directly evangelical is of less merit or a waste of time.

But on the other hand, we DO waste a lot of time feeding people on milk instead of meat too, but that's another topic. I think this is one of those cases where both of us are right.

If I have to define it, my guess is that you won't agree with me that we shouldn't have those kinds of relationships.
Well, yes and no.... a nonChristian friend is most likely never going to be as close as a Christian friend in the same position would be because you're way more limited in being able to talk about where you are spiritually and "iron sharpening iron". But have had and do have nonChristians I consider myself close to.

I haven't done this and I don't know of anyone else who has. You hear it talked about a lot, but I've never actually seen it happen.
When I say "backed into a corner"..... I mean that when someone on the street comes up and starts talking about the condition of your soul, to most people it feels like a confrontation and they put up their defenses, even if they're still polite about it. This is not pure speculation on my part. Having those nonChristian friends and acquaintances gives one the advantage of being able to talk about this stuff.

Not necessarily. I know several Christians who have unsaved family members, to whom they show much kindness, but they won't listen.
Clearly I didn't mean "they will listen and convert". I meant they are more likely to consider the message presented real and credible.

Again, you're placing too much emphasis on what WE do, instead of on what God does. No one will come to Him unless He first calls them.
That's true, but we also have to be careful not to allow ourselves to disregard our presentation. Many, many many are the people who have been dtriven further from Christ by (no doubt well meaning) Christians who didn't consider how what they said and did would be recieved.

First of all, it's still a small percentage of the total people we come in contact with.
I suppose compared to people you pass on the street....

Second, speaking for myself, and most people I have talked to, it is more difficult to witness to someone we are close to or work with on a daily basis, because of the fear of rejection. Therefore, many people don't witness to that group of people.
I admit evangelism isn't one of my gifts. But this has been my point all along: shouldn't sharing the thing that matters most to us in this world in a natural way with the people near us be.... well, natural? I mean when I read a good book I wanna tell someone about it as soon as I fiond out they're a bookworm......

Upvote 0

truthful1

Biblical Christian
Jun 15, 2004
✟219.00
Faith
Baptist
thereselittleflower said:
May I suggest that you consider finding a different source for you tracts as using them gives Jack Chick credibility in other areas and those who don't know better can be lured into believing what he writes about other issues that are off the wall, such as what he writes about Caholicism.
I didn't mean I only use Chick tracts. I meant that I only use one or two of his tracts, and only sometimes. I have about 15-20 different tracts, from www.livingwaters.com

Yet, James says that to preach the gospel to someone who is hungry wihtout first feeding them is useless . .
Jam 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

Jam 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

I think that somewhere something has gotten lost in the translation within many circles within Christianity .. . what the Great Commission is.
Let me clarify. I'm not saying that we shouldn't care for their temporal needs; I'm just saying that's not all we should do. After their temporal needs are taken care of, they need to hear the Gospel.
Jesus did not say "go and make converts" . . he said "go and make disciples"

I think way too much emphasis can be put on making converts and that does not mean that one is fulfilling the Great Commision.
I suggest a person cannot be a disciple unless they are first converted and I don't think Jesus was talking about making disciples of people who are already believers. Jesus finished that command by saying, "baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Baptism was something that was done right after conversion in those days. So, that would indicate to me that when He said to make disciples, He was also talking about conversion.

We have no control over what happens to that family when they leave the food pantry. We don't know what opportunity they ahve been given to respond to the Gospel. We are to BE the Gospel TO them . not just preach it to them . .we are to LIVE it TO them and BEFORE them .. we are to be Jesus to them . . which means not only sharing the Gospel, but meeting the real physical needs as well.,
We don't have control over what happens after they leave, which is why it is important that we share the Gospel when we have the chance. If such a family died right after you had given them food, and you knew they weren't saved, wouldn't you feel at all bad that you didn't share the Gospel with them when you had the chance? Yes, we are to live the Gospel, but people get saved by hearing the words, NOT watching the behaviors. Besides, do you really want people to only get their idea of what it means to have a relationship with Christ by watching you?

One of the saints of the Catholic Church said something like this:

Preace the Gospel always, if necessary, use words. .​
Yeah, I know. We've covered that already. It's a cute and oft used cliche, but it is often misused to suggest that we don't have to verbally share the Gospel, as long as we are trying to live our lives as an example.

We are to be a living testimant to God's Grace and Mercy . . as Paul said, if we do not have love, then we are nothing and all that we do for Christ is as nothing. Jesus came to save us spirit soul AND body . . and we need to respond to those around us on all three levels, not just primarily focus on their spiritual needs.
I don't agree completely. I think the primary focus should always be on their spiritual needs. What is more important than where a person will spend eternity?

We are not to replace the Gospel of Christ witha social gospel . . we need to be careful and aware that we are not compromising one for the other or go off into extremes.
I think we can agree on that.

Upvote 0

truthful1

Biblical Christian
Jun 15, 2004
✟219.00
Faith
Baptist
EliasEmmanuel said:
Yes.... some plant, some water, God provides the growth. But, it is our responsibility to be aware of who we're talking to and how to communicate with them effectively.
I don't disagree.

I guess part of my whole issue is if you just walk up to someone it's hard to know where they're coming from. And I know you'll probably say "you don't have to", but I think it's vital in many cases.
As I've stated previously, I DO find out where they're at.

Do all the people you hand them to have net access?
I think about 90% - 95% do.

Thing is.... do you have a vested interest in said people as more than prospective converts? I ask because when you don't, most people can tell.
Concern is evident. You don't have to have a close relationship with a person to be concerned about their eternal destiny. In fact, many are touched by the fact that a total stranger would take the time to talk to them about spiritual things and their eternal destination.

I can't add much to what therese said here..... simple service to other people is included in the commands of the New Testament. I'm not saying we should take a "hands off" approach but.... is "what happens when you die" the only answer we have for people? No, kindness and groceries won't save their souls, but EVERYTHING is not about souls. There's also following the servant model of Jesus even when a direct message isn't attached.
I disagree; I think everything IS about souls. We will live for eternity...somewhere. Our time on Earth is like one drop in the ocean. That's not to say our time here isn't important. It IS important--we are to be about the business of saving souls.

I'll grant people may not witness as much as they should, but I was referring to the overall message..... that being that whatever one engages in should be for the purpose of evangelism, and anything that's not directly evangelical is of less merit or a waste of time.
Again, which is more important--a full belly, or eternal life? I think everything we do should have as it's ultimate goal to see as many souls as possible get saved.

Well, yes and no.... a nonChristian friend is most likely never going to be as close as a Christian friend in the same position would be because you're way more limited in being able to talk about where you are spiritually and "iron sharpening iron". But have had and do have nonChristians I consider myself close to.
The Bible tells us not to be yoked with unbelievers, and that bad company corrupts good morals. From what I have seen, it is more likely that an unbeliever will bring a believer down, than an unbeliever will get saved, when they are in close fellowship with one another.

When I say "backed into a corner"..... I mean that when someone on the street comes up and starts talking about the condition of your soul, to most people it feels like a confrontation and they put up their defenses, even if they're still polite about it. This is not pure speculation on my part. Having those nonChristian friends and acquaintances gives one the advantage of being able to talk about this stuff.
Check out www.livingwaters.com and you will see how it is done--biblically and inoffensively.

Clearly I didn't mean "they will listen and convert". I meant they are more likely to consider the message presented real and credible.
Not necessarily. I've been in sales organizations and they say that your close friends and family members are the last ones you should approach. Why? Because they think of you as brother, friend, son, whatever, and don't always consider you credible about this new thing you are speaking to them about. Also, a person tends to get more discouraged and wants to give up when rejected by family and friends. Now, I'm not comparing sharing the Gospel to selling a product or service, but human behavior tends to be the same in both. If you grew up with someone, then you became a Christian and tried to witness to him, he is still going to think of you as he has known you from the past. If anything, he will regard you as a little off your rocker. When you approach a stranger, they have no pre-conceived notions of you.

That's true, but we also have to be careful not to allow ourselves to disregard our presentation. Many, many many are the people who have been dtriven further from Christ by (no doubt well meaning) Christians who didn't consider how what they said and did would be recieved.
Again, that's putting too much emphasis on our efforts. A lot of unbelievers, as well as Christians, blame us when people aren't interested in Christ. Again, it is in the Bible that most will NOT accept the Gospel, so why do we continue to look at it as a failing on our parts?

I admit evangelism isn't one of my gifts. But this has been my point all along: shouldn't sharing the thing that matters most to us in this world in a natural way with the people near us be.... well, natural? I mean when I read a good book I wanna tell someone about it as soon as I fiond out they're a bookworm......
Well, I do agree that you shouldn't witness to someone who doesn't want to hear the Gospel, but you usually won't know until you start the conversation.

Upvote 0

EliasEmmanuel

Gomi No Sensei
Apr 20, 2002
Camdenton, Missouri
Visit site
✟16,287.00
Faith
Protestant
Concern is evident. You don't have to have a close relationship with a person to be concerned about their eternal destiny. In fact, many are touched by the fact that a total stranger would take the time to talk to them about spiritual things and their eternal destination.
But another issue is.... do they know you care about their relationship troubles, money problems, etc.? Caring about someone's soul is, to a lot of people, pretty abstract. Personally I'd want to know the person I was talking to cared about all of me.

I disagree; I think everything IS about souls. We will live for eternity...somewhere. Our time on Earth is like one drop in the ocean. That's not to say our time here isn't important. It IS important--we are to be about the business of saving souls.
Everything is about whole people. That's what I'm getting at. Jesus didn't just come so we could go somewhere nice when we're dead, He came offering soemthing for mortal life also and we need to be about that business as well.

Again, which is more important--a full belly, or eternal life? I think everything we do should have as it's ultimate goal to see as many souls as possible get saved.
Which is more pertinent to the person at the time? It's hard to ask someone to discuss eternal matters when they're cold, or hungry, or terrified. The previously quoted verse from James says that if you find someone naked and hungry and say "God bless you, be warm and fed" but do nothing to help them practically then you've done nothing of value. And recall what Christ said about the "least of these".

I know you're not saying service is BAD..... I just think, biblically, helping people is part of the Gospel.

The Bible tells us not to be yoked with unbelievers, and that bad company corrupts good morals. From what I have seen, it is more likely that an unbeliever will bring a believer down, than an unbeliever will get saved, when they are in close fellowship with one another.
I'd be lying if I said I hadn't run up against this before (though I attribute it largely to not having a solid group of Christian friends at the time... my failing, that), but I've also seen situations where even if people weren't ready to convert, they were prepared to take Christianity seriously again, which they hadn't done in a while. I recently got back in touch with someone I hadn't talked to in a while, only to find out they're a believer now, and to have them tell me that my being their friend, at that time in their lives, had a lot to do with their decision. Now it's not my intention to talk myself up, but my point is I've seen this work to whatever degree.

Check out www.livingwaters.com and you will see how it is done--biblically and inoffensively.
I'm not saying it's inherently bad, I'm saying a lot of people view it the same way they view telemarketing.

What is the biblical model for evangelism, in a nutshell?

Not necessarily. I've been in sales organizations and they say that your close friends and family members are the last ones you should approach. Why? Because they think of you as brother, friend, son, whatever, and don't always consider you credible about this new thing you are speaking to them about. Also, a person tends to get more discouraged and wants to give up when rejected by family and friends. Now, I'm not comparing sharing the Gospel to selling a product or service, but human behavior tends to be the same in both. If you grew up with someone, then you became a Christian and tried to witness to him, he is still going to think of you as he has known you from the past. If anything, he will regard you as a little off your rocker. When you approach a stranger, they have no pre-conceived notions of you.
But a stranger also has no clue how I live my life and may have nothing to go on but ideas about crooked televangelists and 2-faced hypocritical "church people". I've had people react with surprise when they found out I was a Christian because I was "too nice". So it cuts both ways.

Again, that's putting too much emphasis on our efforts. A lot of unbelievers, as well as Christians, blame us when people aren't interested in Christ. Again, it is in the Bible that most will NOT accept the Gospel, so why do we continue to look at it as a failing on our parts?
Yes, the bible does say that, and it's true. But we should be sure that when people reject the gospel it's really the Gospel they're rejecting and not our foolishness. A lot of stuff goes on in Christian circles that has nothing to do with the gospel, or perverts it (like priests, Pastors and "Christian" families abusing their children) or defies it, and the World notices this. "You may be the only Jesus someone sees" cuts both ways. I mean, I've seen this stuff...... I could tell you stories...and it makes an impact. That is something we can't ignore.

Well, I do agree that you shouldn't witness to someone who doesn't want to hear the Gospel, but you usually won't know until you start the conversation.
Absolutely. Talk to most people for 10 minutes and religion will come up in one form or another. But, bringing us back around to what started this, Off The Map's whole idea is that witnessing can be done in evceryday circumstances and doesn't have to be difficult or follow some prescribed formula.

Upvote 0