Are there any websites dedicated to witnessing?

clonenomore

I will be a Clone No More
Feb 1, 2004
Northwest, GA
✟15,593.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
One of my favorites is Ray Comfort's website: livingwaters.com.

I also recommed that you check out some Christian apologetic websites. The devil is a powerful adversary and he will throw out some objections that sound strong. We must arm ourselves against this. Two good ones are: carm.org and witnessinc.com.

Finally, while reading books is old-fashioned in this electronic age, I highly recommed the book Share Jesus without Fear by William Fay. This book offers a powerful non-argumentative approach to sharing our faith with others.

Upvote 0

Blazin4Christ

Glory to God, and God alone.
Mar 16, 2004
U.S.A., East Coast,
✟912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I like to use CHick tracts, they are hard hitters and they have a Meet Jesus section which is useful, I reccomend this for when you have to leave and you want to leave them with answers, www.chick.com thats the right spelling

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Blazin4Christ said:
I like to use CHick tracts, they are hard hitters and they have a Meet Jesus section which is useful, I reccomend this for when you have to leave and you want to leave them with answers, www.chick.com thats the right spelling

I hate to tell you, but most non-Christians and even many Christians see Chick tracts as laughable nonsense. :)

I mean, I find Chick's slams on legitimate Christian denominations, on a people group I am not sure I am allowed to mention in CO forums, and on RPGs overwrought, logically incorrect, factually errant, and seriously insulting to the point of being (yes, I am using that word) hateful.

I'm myself looking for good places for tracts, as the only one I currently really like giving out if I have the chance-which I rarely do-is the Four Spiritual Laws as it's a general issues tract that *doesn't* deal in sensationalism or stereotyping like Chick, but I can tell you that Chick tracts are *not* good evangelistic tools. They're about as good for evangelism as a hammer that repeatedly smacks you in the skull is good for construction. ;)

Reactions: ps139
Upvote 0

Blazin4Christ

Glory to God, and God alone.
Mar 16, 2004
U.S.A., East Coast,
✟912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Susan said:
I hate to tell you, but most non-Christians and even many Christians see Chick tracts as laughable nonsense. :)

I mean, I find Chick's slams on legitimate Christian denominations, on a people group I am not sure I am allowed to mention in CO forums, and on RPGs overwrought, logically incorrect, factually errant, and seriously insulting to the point of being (yes, I am using that word) hateful.

I'm myself looking for good places for tracts, as the only one I currently really like giving out if I have the chance-which I rarely do-is the Four Spiritual Laws as it's a general issues tract that *doesn't* deal in sensationalism or stereotyping like Chick, but I can tell you that Chick tracts are *not* good evangelistic tools. They're about as good for evangelism as a hammer that repeatedly smacks you in the skull is good for construction. ;)
Chick tracts are the best, they work

but lets not turn this into a J.T.C. debate, and I have to admit most of his new tracts are trash someone would read, laugh then throw on the ground, but I personally liek his old titles cuz they were very convicting, in my opinion

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

truthful1

Biblical Christian
Jun 15, 2004
✟219.00
Faith
Baptist
I like the Ray Comfort tracts. They are unique and grab a person's attention who might not normally look at a tract.

I think that to say that Chick tracts do not work is to base your conclusion on your own limited experience. Obviously, you can't know what experience everyone who has used them has had, nor do I think there are any studies showing the effectiveness of them. There are, however, many people who testify that they have been effective based on their own experience.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
B4C, I am sorry to offend you, but I cannot in good conscience sit back while people promote evil. Chick's tracts are evil. They contain lies, they contain falsehoods, they twist and misrepresent the faith. His long practice of apparently willful deceit about many important topics harms the faith greatly. Chick lies about many topics, ranging from the Catholic Church, to Islam, to Dungeons & Dragons, to music... He lies about nearly everything. As a result, people come to associate the salvation message, whose truth they are considering, with statements they know are false. This harms the faith greatly.

There are people whose tracts are not rooted in lies and hatred. The only witnessing use I have found for Chick tracts is to argue that the kind of hatred displayed in them is convincing evidence of the active presence of supernatural evil in this world.

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Blazin4Christ said:
look...if u don't like JTCs work don't go out and say that cuz I like his work and now i'm getting somewhat mad,
please stop right now liek I asked,
Chick is lower of a man than Hovind. Even if you are offended by this, the truth must be told. Jack T. Chick is a scumbag. He attacks other religions and other denominations of Christianity. The comics are stupid anyhow, especially non-Christians who aren't planning to convert any time soon. On top of all that he believes in wacky conspiracy theories that don't even make sense. The man is a nutcase scumbag. Pure and simple.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

truthful1

Biblical Christian
Jun 15, 2004
✟219.00
Faith
Baptist
I wonder if you all are offended by the tracts, or by the truth?

Instead of generalizing and hateful name calling, could you give some specifics about what you consider to be lies and hate? (It's curious that you would call Chick hateful, yet use hateful words to describe him). And what is offensive about Hovind's teachings?

As far as not attacking another faith, first of all, he is not "attacking" them, but speaking the truth. Second, I guess you would disagree with the Bible, then, which tells us to beware of false teachers.

Upvote 0

ps139

Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!
Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟37,907.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
truthful1 said:

Instead of generalizing and hateful name calling, could you give some specifics about what you consider to be lies and hate? (It's curious that you would call Chick hateful, yet use hateful words to describe him). And what is offensive about Hovind's teachings?

As far as not attacking another faith, first of all, he is not "attacking" them, but speaking the truth. Second, I guess you would disagree with the Bible, then, which tells us to beware of false teachers.
Jack Chick = FALSE TEACHER.

Lie #1:He says that "IHS" (in the first picture) stands for "Isis, Horus, Seb"
Lie #2: He says that the Catholic Church transformed the goddess Venus into Mary. I'll tell you what, I do not think Jesus likes him talking about His mother like that.
Lie #3: He says Catholics are not Christians. Thank you Mr. Chick for telling me I am not a Christian. Thank you for that blessing. For the Lord says: "Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you (falsely) because of Me."

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will know them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"

Upvote 0

KennySe

Habemus Papam!
Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
✟14,554.00
Faith
Catholic
truthful1 said:

I love the truth.

I am offended by the tracts. They are full of lies.

I don't know who "Hovind" is.

As for Chick lies...
http://www.catholic.com/library/sr_chick_tracts_p1.asp

As far as not attacking another faith, first of all, he is not "attacking" them, but speaking the truth.

See link above.

Second, I guess you would disagree with the Bible, then, which tells us to beware of false teachers.

You guess wrong.

We agree with the Bible. We beware of false teachers.

Upvote 0