Are the debate threads for Christians only?

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your help :)

What happens if non-Christians participate in the General Politics forum?

Also, which debate forums are open to everyone?
They shouldn't be able to access the Christian only areas.

They can access this area, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I see what happened. They are supposed to have different names for the sub-forums in the different Discussion & Debate so that there's no confusion. I did not realize that there are two General Politics areas. We will change the name of one soon.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
What is the rationale behind restricting the Theology sections to Christians only? I have a small interest in theology, in particular the evolution of doctrine. This interest might well grow were I able to participate in discussions and to ask questions there.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If you are just looking for answers (and not debate), we have Exploring Christianity. If you are wanting to Debate certain aspects, we have Christian Apologetics.
I quite forgot I had asked the question here, hence the delay in my follow up response.

Christian Apologetics: "The purpose of the Christian Apologetics forum in the Outreach category is to give non-Christians the opportunity to start threads to challenge Christian theology, beliefs and practices, and Christians the opportunity to rationally defend their beliefs."

I don't wish to challenge Christian theology, I wish to explore it, so that sub-forum doesn't quite meet my needs.

Exploring Christianity: "This is a forum where non-Christian Seekers are encouraged to ask questions about those aspects of the Christian faith which seem hard to understand or accept, and where Christians can enter into discussion with them on these questions."

Again this is quite distinct from my interest. I am interested in the academic aspects of Christian theology. I have looked at several of the threads in the Theology section and some of them seem much closer to what I should like to participate in, yet I am excluded. This is mildly frustrating and some of this frustration might go away if I could understand the logic behind the exclusion.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
For now, why don't you try Exploring Christianity. It's non-debate and seems the best fit for you.

We have forums set up the way we do because of our experience with non-Christians who only want to mock and ridicule. We have modified things through the years to limit that, but still allow for challenges and questions.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

meLLowyeLLow

Dec 13, 2016
earth
✟8,120.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I understand the need to try to prevent people from coming on here and starting arguments and ridiculing people.... but it seems like 98% of the threads are Christian Only.
I feel this is SEVERELY limiting the potential beneficial discussions that could occur were non-Christians allowed in these forums.

meLL.yeLL

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I understand the need to try to prevent people from coming on here and starting arguments and ridiculing people.... but it seems like 98% of the threads are Christian Only.
I feel this is SEVERELY limiting the potential beneficial discussions that could occur were non-Christians allowed in these forums.

meLL.yeLL
Well, it is Christian Forums. :)

We actually have more non-restricted areas than restricted ones. Though even in the non-restricted ones, there are usually guidelines to follow.

Is there something in particular that you'd like to discuss?

• Agree
Reactions: meLLowyeLLow
Upvote 0

meLLowyeLLow

Dec 13, 2016
earth
✟8,120.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Is there something in particular that you'd like to discuss?

...Christianity.

Yea... It's that simple. Since "Christianity" covers all kinds of subjects and issues and discussions that can be had that cover an unimaginable range of topics and ideas. And ideas should be shared!

meLL.yeLL.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
We have Exploring Christianity and Christian Apologetics where you can discuss Christianity, either with questions or challenges, respectively.

Reactions: meLLowyeLLow
Upvote 0

meLLowyeLLow

Dec 13, 2016
earth
✟8,120.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
We have Exploring Christianity and Christian Apologetics where you can discuss Christianity, either with questions or challenges, respectively.

Yes I saw another post of yours where you recommended Christian Apologetics to another member voicing his/her concerns over all of the Christian Only forums. I was interested in checking it out but couldn't find it. Nor could I find a search function to look for it.
Do you mind posting a link for me to Christian Apologetics so I can stop feeling like an old man with dementia, looking everywhere for something that's right in front of my face. Ha. :confused2:

Upvote 0