✟13,793.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
King Sejong's alphabet compared with ancient Hebrew and Sabean (w remarks).jpg

If we allow the Bible to offer clues to the formation, development and migratory behaviour of people groups, all of which impact on language, then we can find reasons to believe that Korean is probably not the "language isolate" many linguists say it is. Its uniqueness is probably more to do with the fact that it has been influenced by so many of the oldest language systems known to man, some of which have only recently been deciphered, such as Sumerian. In this talk, I present some evidence that there are many Korean words that have probably derived from words constituting the vocabulary of Akkadian, Ge'ez, Tigrinya, Aramaic, and Hebrew in particular. (I intend to present more evidence in future lectures.)

I also explain that Korea's founding "myth" around the founders referred to as "Dangun" is probably an actual history, but probably a parabolic one that is told in symbols. I reason that the "bear" and "tiger" in the Dangun narrative are probably women from regions where there was endemic malaria; because mugwort and garlic are both folk remedies for treatment of malarial conditions. As "Dan" is a name of one of the 12 tribes of Israel; while the Greek word guné (γυνή) means "woman"; the maternal ancestor of the first several patriarchs titled "Dangun" was probably a Danite woman. Korean culture and language shares much in common with the culture of the Northern Ethiopian people who inhabit the province of Tigray in Ethiopia; and their common roots in ancient Mesopotamia and Israel might explain much of the reason. As Israeli rabbis acknowledge - and historical sources attest - some of the Danites, along with other Israeli tribes such, migrated to the lower Nile region now referred to Ethiopia after fleeing from the Assyrian invasion and subjugation of the northern kingdom called "Israel" in the 8th century BCE.

Another common misconception might be that the 15th century alphabet purportedly "invented" by King Sejong was a completely novel invention. As a future video will attempt to show, nearly all the consonant letters of King Sejong's 1446 alphabet called "Hangeul" were probably derived from corresponding letters in ancient Hebrew or Sabean script.

By the way, I forgot to mention in the video that the name "Amat(e)" (which is apparently contained in the name "Amaterasu") means "servant" or "minister of" in the Ge'ez language. I believe that the Korean word for "take responsiblity (for)" -- 맡으(다) (pronounced mat-eu(-da)) -- might be related to this word.

I need to correct a minor mistake in a detail. I meant to say that the tomb from which the Shilla Dagger was excavated in 1973 was a tomb dating to the 6th century CE; i.e., I propose that the two men buried side-by-side were probably the last of the Sicarii who were buried along with the dagger due to the fact that they had no children to which it could be passed down any longer.

Last edited: