W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I started this thread as a spin off thread from another thread i have going. As i was discussing the Lords supper, I was told by Catholics that Protestants dont actually partake of the real Lords supper. If this is true then doesnt that mean that protestants are dead, according to John 6:53?

John 6:53 New King James Version (NKJV)
53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some Protestants have a different understanding of the Lord's Supper. It isn't the central focus that it is in Catholicism.

^^^ This ^^^

They are not all the same and have different views on this topic.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some Protestants have a different understanding of the Lord's Supper. It isn't the central focus that it is in Catholicism.
If I understand what you're saying here, it's dead wrong.
The Eucharist is absolutely, 100%, the central focus of the Catholic Church. Period.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Why care what we think or dont think anyway?
I dont care one bit about what SDA may or may not think about the Catholic church and our beliefs. Their opinion means nothing to me.

Why do you feel this need of catholic approval?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why care what we think or dont think anyway?
I dont care one bit about what SDA may or may not think about the Catholic church and our beliefs. Their opinion means nothing to me.

Why do you feel this need of catholic approval?
Its not approval i seek but theological discussion. When Catholics said that Protestants dont partake of the real Lord's supper, that would mean, according to their belief in John 6:53, that protestants are dead. If thats true why consider protestants as brothers?

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I started this thread as a spin off thread from another thread i have going. As i was discussing the Lords supper, I was told by Catholics that Protestants dont actually partake of the real Lords supper.
To be fair, what I, at least, said was that Protestants don't partake of the Eucharist. Catholics know that, most Protestants know that and so there shouldn't be a problem there.

The commemoration of the Lord's Supper which many Protestants observe is fine in its place, however.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To be fair, what I, at least, said was that Protestants don't partake of the Eucharist. Catholics know that, most Protestants know that and so there shouldn't be a problem there.

The commemoration of the Lord's Supper which many Protestants observe is fine in its place, however.
Oh, so now Protestants do take the real Lords supper?

Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I understand what you're saying here, it's dead wrong.
The Eucharist is absolutely, 100%, the central focus of the Catholic Church. Period.

So the Lord's supper is considered the gospel in Catholicism?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, so now Protestants do take the real Lords supper?
I know it's your birthday and we're all overjoyed by that. But it's not too much to ask that you not put words in my mouth.

What I said (and all I said) was that the commemorative practice in which many Protestants participate is fine in its place. It doesn't make sense to extrapolate my statement beyond that.

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If a friend asked you to remember him, would you frame a photograph of his bloody body at an accident scene, and stare at it? People (C or P) that are hooked up on that may just be missing everything Jesus lived for.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know it's your birthday and we're all overjoyed by that. But it's not too much to ask that you not put words in my mouth.

What I said (and all I said) was that the commemorative practice in which many Protestants participate is fine in its place. It doesn't make sense to extrapolate my statement beyond that.
Fair enough, but other catholics were saying that Protestants dont partake of the real Lords supper. Right?

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please expound.
Well, the ones that are dead.....are dead. You know, in the ground. It was a joke. I can't believe I have to explain it.

Upvote 0