Are pagan faiths demonic?

B

brightmorningstar

PaladinValer,
I have offered you logical truth.
What you have offered is neither logical nor in line with the Biblical truth. You have just given your opinion. But it could be said to be in line with some of the Islamic viewpoint, namely the early Quran revelations. ie Surah 2:163
All you are doing is implying the Biblical citations I have given is not the truth.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Brevis,
according to Jesus it is the same God. Whether they worship, ie the act of adoration of who He is, that is another matter. But there is a difference between there being two different gods and what worship entails.

Contradiction.

You say Muslims don't because of their errant theology, but so do Jews, who deny the Trinity.

You cannot have cake and eat it too; you cannot have ~p and p be true at the same time.

You've contradicted yourself.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Contradiction.
Then you must see what Jesus said as a contradiction, I dont. Jesus said to the Jews on a number of occasions, have you not read what God told you.

You say Muslims don't because of their errant theology, but so do Jews, who deny the Trinity.
No I do not say that, kindly address what I have written and do not misrepresent me. You are looking at what the Jews and Islam says, and not what Jesus Christ's Bibical testimony says. The Jews denied Jesus Christ but Jesus Christ told them things such as before Abraham was born I AM. This means that whilst the Jews do not believe in Him as the Son, He told them He is. Islam doesnt come into it, Islam think Abraham was a Muslim and denies Jesus Christ is the risen Son of God.

Clear now? Jesus Christ is the author and perfector of our faith, not what the Jews or Muslims might claim.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Shalom,

Do you consider pagan faiths like hinduism, buddhism etc. to be demonic? Not the people themselves - people may be good - but I am talking about the various pagan religions. Are they all demonic because they deny Christ's divinity?

Discuss without getting overemotional.

Thanks,
Simon
I dont think they are demonic, only different.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0

ByronArn

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jul 28, 2011
Ohio, USA
Visit site
✟11,502.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
My dad believed that all the pagan gods were demons that got people to worship them. Of one believes that, i guess you could say they are demonic.

I'm not sure that i believe that though.

Disclaimer: I only read the first page of posts. At work on lunch break, so i don't have the time right now to go back and read them all right now.

Upvote 0

gordonhooker

Franciscan tssf
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2012
Wellington Point, QLD
Visit site
✟274,602.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes; any faith, religion, or spirituality or spiritual practice that draws one away from Christ is demonic or influenced by demons.

I have never heard anything so silly in all my life (well I have but would not have expected to see it in here)...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Our Father

Apr 16, 2017
North America
✟9,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I have never heard anything so silly in all my life (well I have but would not have expected to see it in here)...
That's Ok. The demons can't accept Christ for who he is, and other faiths don't. Hop out of Satan's bed.

Upvote 0

SteveCaruso

Translator
May 17, 2010
✟54,511.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Zombie thread! :-D

Yes; any faith, religion, or spirituality or spiritual practice that draws one away from Christ is demonic or influenced by demons.
[...]
That's Ok. The demons can't accept Christ for who he is, and other faiths don't. Hop out of Satan's bed.

You give demons far too much credit. But I suppose they're fine with that. ;-)

Upvote 0

Padres1969

Episcopalian
Nov 28, 2015
San Diego
✟28,176.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shalom,

Do you consider pagan faiths like hinduism, buddhism etc. to be demonic? Not the people themselves - people may be good - but I am talking about the various pagan religions. Are they all demonic because they deny Christ's divinity?

Thanks,
Simon
To answer the original question, no I don't. Most pagan faiths (the major ones at any rate, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shinto, Native American religion, etc...) predate Christianity. They existed before Christ and his revelation to the world. And most existed in remote corners of the world out of Christianity's sphere long after Christ. Their existence wasn't the result of demons.

Upvote 0

catholic777

Oct 26, 2017
LA
✟16,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
i do not talk about this elsewhere due to PC hassles, but this is the right place for politically INCORRECT views, especially faith..To be clear, I am CIVIL to other people due to common humanity BUT i disagree with their views/beliefs; YES, pagan religions (buddhism/hinduism/polytheists) are POSSIBLY demonic because for example the Buddhist view of Meido and Jigoku suggests gods (with small g) connive with Oni demons in giving unspeakable punishments (Jigoku: Japanese Hell and Meido: The Japanese Underworld) that are VERY CONTRADICTORY to the ONE TRUE GOD, the Just, Merciful, God of Love in christianity; and in christianity GOd himself will punish the Demons on Last Day (matthew 8:28, Lake of fire, Jude, Peter, Revelation); Even the so-called Korean painting of Hell
was influenced by pre-christian Korea/Chin/japan buddhist beliefs!! Catholic church warns of so-called visions because these visions do NOT complete Deposit of Faith (what Jesus shown on his Earthly lifetime, dogmas etc); so church does not require beliefs in these visions which can also come from THe Devil! too much fake news and Political correctness!

• Haha
Reactions: gordonhooker
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Shalom,

Thanks,
Simon
Hinduism and Buddhism are not pagan faiths. Pagan faiths are earth based religions. I do not find these demonic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gordonhooker

Franciscan tssf
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2012
Wellington Point, QLD
Visit site
✟274,602.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
i do not talk about this elsewhere due to PC hassles, but this is the right place for politically INCORRECT views, especially faith..To be clear, I am CIVIL to other people due to common humanity BUT i disagree with their views/beliefs; YES, pagan religions (buddhism/hinduism/polytheists) are POSSIBLY demonic because for example the Buddhist view of Meido and Jigoku suggests gods (with small g) connive with Oni demons in giving unspeakable punishments (Jigoku: Japanese Hell and Meido: The Japanese Underworld) that are VERY CONTRADICTORY to the ONE TRUE GOD, the Just, Merciful, God of Love in christianity; and in christianity GOd himself will punish the Demons on Last Day (matthew 8:28, Lake of fire, Jude, Peter, Revelation); Even the so-called Korean painting of Hell
was influenced by pre-christian Korea/Chin/japan buddhist beliefs!! Catholic church warns of so-called visions because these visions do NOT complete Deposit of Faith (what Jesus shown on his Earthly lifetime, dogmas etc); so church does not require beliefs in these visions which can also come from THe Devil! too much fake news and Political correctness!

First of all welcome to the forum.

Regarding your post...

From the Oxford Dictionary:

pagan /ˈpeɪɡ(ə)n/
▶ noun a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions: a Muslim majority had to live in close proximity to large communities of Christians and pagans .
• dated, derogatory a non-Christian.

• a member of a modern religious movement which seeks to incorporate beliefs or practices from outside the main world religions, especially nature worship.

▶ adjective relating to pagans or their beliefs: a pagan god .
→ paganish /ˈpeɪɡ(ə)nɪʃ/ adjective,

→ paganize /ˈpeɪɡ(ə)nʌɪz/ (also paganise) verb

– origin late Middle English: from Latin paganus ‘villager, rustic’, from pagus ‘country district’. Latin paganus also meant ‘civilian’, becoming, in Christian Latin, ‘heathen’ (i.e. one not enrolled in the army of Christ).

There are twelve classical world religions—those religions most often included in history of world religion surveys and studied in world religions classes: Baha'i, Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoism, and Zoroastrianism. Here are overviews of nine of these classical religions. None of these are classed as pagan religions.

• Agree
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

Daemon

Dec 27, 2017
Sydney
✟7,850.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
This.

Which is not to say that none of them are demonic. Theistic Satanism, for example. That one's not controversial of course: they freely admit to worshiping Satan. And I do discern Satan's influence behind Islamism (the radical political ideology based on fundamentalist Islam).

Actually, that is false. Please do not let your religion blind you with ignorance. Only teenagers trying to be edgy say they worship Satan and that's simply to stir their parents in rebellion. Satanism is not the same as Luciferianism. Satanism is the notion that we are instead the divines and is a belief system based on equality. Theism side to that is merely saying that Satan was the image of knowledge, truth and individuality, but he isn't worshiped like one worships God as non theists don't believe either exists. There is no sacrificing of goats, there's no weird stuff to it. On the other hand, Luciferianism is the believe in Lucifer & to the extent, Lilith. In most cases, these figures are viewed as merely metaphors/similes to life, like poetry.

Most Importantly - ''Neither Satanists nor Luciferians view Satan or Lucifer as Christians do. They accept that worshiping a being of true evil is the action of a psychopath.'' ~How Do Luciferians Differ from Satanists?

But, my input is this,

There is no true path to Divines. No one is righter than the other. There is only individual callings, individual paths. For Christians, it's the Christian religion, for others it's Wicca. There has been as much crime & sin in structured/dogmatic religions as there are in other belief systems. Assuming one is better than the other is ego, and that ego has lead civilization through constant war. I have no judgement for how people find their morals or purposes in life, and this has allowed me to view Christians & Pagans in an accepting light. I defend both, because it has been both who have showed me the goodness of peoples' hearts. I believe those who pray are no different to those who meditate in nature. Everyone has an equal way to call on the Divines will in hard times, whether it's God for you, or it's the cosmos for others, one thing unites us and that us we all walk a path to better ourselves and the world around us.

Condemning strangers on the basis of your own ego, and path, and condemning them as demonic for merely not being likened to you only leads to ignorance. I doubt questioning, or wanting to understand others paths makes you a bad Christian. If being understanding, loving, accepting to those not of your faith makes you a sinner, than that is questionable teachings.

Upvote 0

catholic777

Oct 26, 2017
LA
✟16,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
yes, pagan faiths demonic...this is politically INCORRECT answer to the RIGHT forum to avoid political correctness hassles...hinduism has Kali demon gods not like Judeo-Christian God in whic "man was made from His own image..." for example Japanese buddhism where their so-called kami gods like Enma daiyo connive with Oni demons to torment humans souls and meido has no salvation for sure, just horrible tests and jigoku horrible hell too extreme...even the christian youtube video “korean paints hell” is awful and for sure influenced by this buddhist view of jigoku, meido because historically,
korea was buddhist before christianity came…thank God there are many
Korean christians, but sometimes there are errors too like that
video…that’s why catechism of catholic church said the so-called visions,
even if approved, is NOT part of deposit of faith and does NOT complete
what Jesus taught in His earthly life, so church does NOT mandate belief in
visions, even the apporved ones…church only mandates the Deposit of Faith
(dogmas,CCC, what Jesus taught in His earthly life)…and CCC also said
visions can come from Human of devilish sources, so ALWAYS be CRITICAL and
be SAFE…any vision NOT in accordance with DOGMA is DOUBTFUL…for example,
catholicism teaches Resurrection of Body on LAST DAY…so that so-called
korean paints hell video showing souls with bodies being butchered by
devils (very disturbing) is NOT according to dogma of Resurrection of Body
on last day and therefore highly doubtful…church fathers, Jesus confirms
Hell is true, but it is a spiritual place (even Thomas Aquinas said worms,
fire of hell is NOT of the same nature as earthly fire; it still burns the
soul BUT not the same composition); if you see CCTV videos of
ghosts/spirits/angels/demons, they pass through walls, so its not the same
as earthly composition

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That's EXACTLY what Scripture Says. YES !
(everyone, even believers UNTIL REDEEMED in CHRIST by FAITH,

are under the deception of the prince of he power of air

along with all the people of the world called sons of disobedience, )

Upvote 0

catholic777

Oct 26, 2017
LA
✟16,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Catechism said only believe in Deposit of Faith (church fathers teachings, what Jesus showed in Earthly life, etc) to avoid pagan misleadings

for example, paraphrase From St. Thomas Aquinas Summa Theologica- on New Advent website

Question 97. The punishment of the damned
In hell, are the damned tormented with the sole punishment of fire? yes
Is the worm by which they are tormented corporeal? no, worm of corruption spiritual
Is their weeping corporeal? no
Is their darkness material? no
Is the fire whereby they are tormented corporeal? no, but its still real SPIRTIUAL fire
Is it of the same species as our fire? No, it’s Spiritual
Is this fire beneath the earth? no, it’s NOT of this world

and

Question 64. The punishment of the demons
Their darkness of intellect
Their obstinacy of will
Their grief
Their (demons) place of punishment- Lake of Fire on Judgment Day as confirmed in Matthew, Jude, Peter, Revelation-

note that in Christianty, the fallen angels/demons are also the RECEIVERS of punishment on Last Day Lake of Fire on Judgment Day (as confirmed in Matthew, Jude, Peter, Revelation) and NOT the givers as shown in other religions. For example- Japanese buddhism believes gods like Enma Daiyo connive with oni demons in butchering human souls in Jigoku and Meido (not the teaching in Catholic doctrine Resurrection of Body). watch the movies Jigoku 1960 and Jigoku 1999 online and you will be shaking your head and say “is this what the pagans believe?? horrible!!” also their pagan buddhist faith believes in reincarnation- humans can become demons/yokai after Meido, in next life…we christians believe life is just one-way, not in a cycle, and man is completely different nature from angels/fallen angels

i can be politically incorrect here, its the right forum anyway. God bless!

Upvote 0